We stayed for three nights at the First Seasons. We were originally going to book a Riad in the Medina but I am so, so pleased we stay at the Four Seasons. It is well placed to get to the main square (which is crazy at night!) less that a five minute drive and the Four Seasons provide complimentary transport into the main square at night.
We were met at the airport by one of the Four Seasons staff in a new Range Rover, with some nice iced water which is a great way to start. Check in was one of the smoothest we have ever had, sitting in the lounge with freshly brewed mint green tea and surrounded by the smell of 100s of beautiful roses, isn't that how every check in should be!!
As it was our wedding anniversary the hotel very kindly upgraded up to a Pavilion room around the adult pool. The room was beautiful. Elegant, good use of space and spotlessly clear. A Walk in closet, which I do like and a great bathroom with a wonderfully deep bath. We had a our own large, totally private terrace, with beautiful flowers (all well kept) and we could access the pool via the gate from our terrace.
The breakfast was very nice, not a hugh selection, and some items cold, but more than adequate. We weren't huge fans of the restaurants in the hotel and only ate in one evening, we were excepting a little more fine dining in the Italian not just pizza and a few dishes so were disappointed with that. In contrast the restaurant at the adult pool we ate at every lunchtime and the food was excellent - it is a shame this restaurant is not open at night because we would have happily eaten here.
One thing I noticed at this hotel were the staff, it seemed like they all knew the guests and would greet you by name which is very nice. The excellent pool/waiting staff around the beautiful Adult pool alway had a towel ready for us when we came out of the pool, although the Family pool looked just at inviting. The fact the staff were so attentive and friendly whilst still being discrete really made this hotel standout for me.
Reception was extremely helpful and arranged dinner for us in a Riad, which was an experience and just confirmed to us that having been to this beautiful Riad the Four Seasons really is the place to stay in Marrakech. I really can recommend this wonderful hotel, with its beautiful pools and gardens not to mention the fantastic staff. If we are ever in Marrakech again this is where we will be staying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marrakech refreshed: Located adjacent to the Menara Gardens, just a five minute drive from the exotic energy of the ancient Medina, Four Seasons offers a fresh Moroccan perspective: a calming resort-hotel with a light Moroccan touch. The inspiring retreat combines an impressive spa, landscaped pools, gardens and event space with a contemporary design that augments the sense of airy luminosity. Welcoming and uplifting, the hotel offers couples, families and groups a stylish oasis within an intriguing ancient city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Splendia and Odigeo so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Marrakech
- Four Seasons Resort Marrakech Hotel Marrakech