“Lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 467 Hotels in Marrakech
UK
“Lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the FS Marrakech. Beautiful hotel, luxurious interior and rooms and a stunning garden. I would have given this hotel a higher rating had it not been the rather hit and miss service from the restaurants and room service. Room service arrived with only one meal (we had ordered two meals) trying to tell us it was our mistake although they could not explain why they had sent two bread baskets and two table settings if they only thought one person was dining. They eventually conceded and brought the second meal. Not really a good enough standard for £22 per steak.
Similar problems in the restaurants though the staff always made an effort to put things right and this was done in a good natured way. Food overall was excellent though pricy given the less than slick service.
The adult pool is well managed by Yassine who is an absolute star working tirelessly ensuring everyone has their sun beds and parasols adjusted. Pretty good drinks service around the pool although my lunch order was delivered to neighbouring guests who ate it without question! It took a a while to sort out another order but it did eventfully arrive an hour later.
This will be a fabulous hotel when these little faults are sorted out. I will be happy to return as I found all the staff very cheery and pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Gorgeous grounds, brilliant facilities for kids, only one staff member disappointed, but everyone else did everything they could to make our stay comfortable and meet our expectations. I would definitely recommend this place and especially to families. Only downside is that the food is extremely expensive but maybe that's to be expected with a brand such as four seasons?!

• Stayed May 2013
Encinitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We went for a bachelorette party. Service was amazing, the property is beautiful. Food was also really good. Had fun at a pop up club one of the nights.

I did mention that I loved all the orange blossom they used in the hotel and the food. The Pool manager went and found me some to take home! So unexpected and amazing.

I'd definitely go again, even would bring the kids.

• Stayed April 2013
jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

A week with our two teenagers for the end of May half term - they both enjoyed it and, even better, so did we.

We took 2 interconnecting deluxe rooms 37 and 38 (510 Euros per room/night). Both rooms shared a common front door ie a hallway linked the 2: ideal for us. These rooms were a fair way from reception (down on the RHS of the property) but ideal for us and not all noisy. One of the rooms had an exceptionally large balcony and both were, well, as luxurious as you would hope in a FS resort.

Highlights for us:

- the FS airport arrivals service and then limo is worth having
- Solano breakfasts good
- pool side restaurant (Azzera?) Mediterranean style and good food although could be slow if you arrived at peak time
- we liked the Zest roof top bar and the courtyard dining outside
- hired bikes and cycled into and through the medina
- good childrens club: our younger teen was 14 and liked it
- the gardens and grounds and in fact the walled nature of the property (bit like Mamounia) was good for us

We were not so keen on:
- Solano for dinner
- we also ate in the Inara courtyard upstairs (light meal) - essentially there was not enough choice in terms of nighttime dining. This may have been because it was May but I am unsure
- taxi or car service into the medina seemed a bit patchy ie not instant by any means

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed for four nights, very relaxing and comfortable and we had a fabulous break. The staff are all extremely friendly and helpful but a special mention to Mr Amirre Ayat Allah, the Manager of the Azzera Grill and all his team, fantastic service and hospitality, they helped to make our holiday a memorable one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I always thought I would stay in a riad when I finally visited Marrakech but with two kids under the age of 4 we decided that the Four Seasons would provide the space and privacy we needed.

The hotel is superb; nice interiors; good service; lovely pools. But the best thing this hotel offers is the kids club and we took advantage if this facility everyday. The kids loved it! The girls working there are really fantastic and my kids still talk ask about them from time to time!

The only thing stopping this hotel being the best place I have stayed in is value for money and the food. It's not that the food is bad, it's just not particularly good. And it's not that this place is unbearably expensive, it's just that I for one ended my holiday thinking I did not quite get the value for money that I would have wished for.

• Stayed December 2012
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

But what FSM resort lacks in authenticity ( unfair to compare to a property built in 1923! ) it more than makes up for in the hospitality stakes. The pools are beautiful and spacious and if you happen to be a family then FSM beats the competition hands down! The scheduled activities and the genuine care the staff showed their charges was nothing short of superb. The bedrooms and suites are spacious and I recommend the ground level pavilion rooms as the patios are large and provide additional space to retire too! Service around the pool could be improved upon as they are often busy serving lunch and I did have to rely on the life guard to help me move sun loungers etc The food is generally good and the pop up bar is an excellent idea. whilst I was there they hosted a design evening and the top floor open air bar came alive with an influx of the beautiful and the vibrant! FSM is a beautifully designed resort but if it's people watching and vitality you require then you may leave disappointed, however if, like myself, you enjoy good service, spacious accommodation and pool side privacy then FSM will suit you just fine - for a people watching, dressing to thrill fix then take a cab for a glass of fizz to the grande dame in the full and reassuring knowledge that the comfort and care of FSM awaits you.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Four Seasons Resort Marrakech? Share your experiences!