“Great if you have kids” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #80 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
London
“Great if you have kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I always thought I would stay in a riad when I finally visited Marrakech but with two kids under the age of 4 we decided that the Four Seasons would provide the space and privacy we needed.

The hotel is superb; nice interiors; good service; lovely pools. But the best thing this hotel offers is the kids club and we took advantage if this facility everyday. The kids loved it! The girls working there are really fantastic and my kids still talk ask about them from time to time!

The only thing stopping this hotel being the best place I have stayed in is value for money and the food. It's not that the food is bad, it's just not particularly good. And it's not that this place is unbearably expensive, it's just that I for one ended my holiday thinking I did not quite get the value for money that I would have wished for.

• Stayed December 2012

478 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

But what FSM resort lacks in authenticity ( unfair to compare to a property built in 1923! ) it more than makes up for in the hospitality stakes. The pools are beautiful and spacious and if you happen to be a family then FSM beats the competition hands down! The scheduled activities and the genuine care the staff showed their charges was nothing short of superb. The bedrooms and suites are spacious and I recommend the ground level pavilion rooms as the patios are large and provide additional space to retire too! Service around the pool could be improved upon as they are often busy serving lunch and I did have to rely on the life guard to help me move sun loungers etc The food is generally good and the pop up bar is an excellent idea. whilst I was there they hosted a design evening and the top floor open air bar came alive with an influx of the beautiful and the vibrant! FSM is a beautifully designed resort but if it's people watching and vitality you require then you may leave disappointed, however if, like myself, you enjoy good service, spacious accommodation and pool side privacy then FSM will suit you just fine - for a people watching, dressing to thrill fix then take a cab for a glass of fizz to the grande dame in the full and reassuring knowledge that the comfort and care of FSM awaits you.

• Stayed April 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed three nights in a great room (211) overlooking the pool and gardens, and ate in three of the restaurants and bars.
Reception area is pleasant (exchange rate on ATM not good) and all staff very obliging.
Room was large and well stacked, big double balcony, breakfasts were good with a wide choice,
pool areas most agreeable.
Hamman can't be taken together (shame, not like 4 Seasons in Sharm) and the fitness centre doesn't have a pool with it. Restaurants don't have that much choice on menu's and there are only 2 open at night. Taxi's into town 50dhm and it's too far to walk pleasantly. Staff have great attitude. Concierage arranged an English speaking guide for Souks, worth it 550 dhm. Miss the gardens over the road, they are pants!! Would stay in Gueliz next time as more choice of eating venues.

Room Tip: 2nd floor gives better views, especially overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
hfrehde, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear crBarton,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. We are glad to see that you have enjoyed our resort we hope to welcome you back in the very near future.
Please know that we do have a beautiful Couples Spa Pavilion with couples massages, watsu treatments and Razul and I will ensure that next time you come, we can arrange something special for you.
Rossendale, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is a relatively new Four Seasons, and if you know the brand, you can rest assured that this resort now offers service which is now very close to other FS resorts world wide; in an ideal location.

The setting and the architecture are outstanding, the resort is small and has a perfect air of calm, similar to the FS in Chang Mai, for instance. On the other hand there are fewer activities than some of the busier resorts such as Punta Mita and Costa Rica. in fact there were no additional activities during our stay. That suited us, but may be not everyone.

Breakfast and food are excellent, but only cater to western tastes.

The adult pool was quiet, and finding shaded chairs was never a problem. Unusually for FS there is no pool service, though staff from the nearby restaurant will bring drinks, if you go and find them.

The staff are responsive, and quickly put right anything that was wrong. Guest should not hesitate to ask to speak to a manager if there is a problem, my experience throughout the FS group is that they will try to respond to any (reasonable) request.

The Concierge service was helpful and friendly. They have a good (you may even say definitive) list of local restaurants.

The one area of caution is with regard to the (outsourced ?) transportation. We booked a trip in to the Atlas Mountains, the driver (....a butcher who got the job through his cousin) did not follow the itinerary given by the concierge, and also took a few wrong turnings. He seemed intend on taking us to some destinations that we had not requested, and to be wasting time so we would not get back to the hotel before 5pm. The air-conditioning in the car did not work. If we were to return, we would consider using a local guide and transport rather than the Four Seasons facility, unless changes had been made.

Overall, this is an excellent resort, I recommend it, and would return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear RallyMonkey,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and have shared the feedback with our staff.
As you mentioned in your review "they quickly put right, anything that was wrong" and so I would like to address the tour guide experience personally with you. We have already spoken to the local company that we work with, to let them know about your exerience but I would love to speak to you in person. Please contact me when you have a moment at 00212 661 46 73 58. We hope to welcome you back in the very near future.
Chichester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was our first visit to Marrakech and we chose the 'safe' option of staying at The Four Seasons. The hotel is set in beautiful gardens and has a really stunning pool (with a separate one for children). The choice of restaurants is good and there was a really great pop up bar open when we were there. The Medina is a very easy 5 minute taxi ride away and it is actually lovely to return to the tranquility of the hotel at the end of a busy day haggling in the souks. The staff were all really friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: It was really nice having a view of the pool and gardens, you can also see the Atlas mountains in th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BartandLisa88,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and as always hope to welcome you back in the very near future.
Casablanca, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

After having stayed at FS Marrakech in June 2012 and having encountered some teething problems, I was very much satisfied with my second stay there. The resort is now up and running and staff have learnt the lesson, the level of service is now to par with other FS hotels and resorts around the world. What I noticed was the management added some moroccan touches to the resort which was a great addition, and created a very nice setting. Private Room pop up lounge was exquisitely decorated and cocktails were okay, however it's sad to see there was nobody there on a Friday evening. The staff were great, very helpful and all smiles from doormen to pool attendants. I did some shopping at the resort's boutique which had some great finds, I just couldn't resist buying the hotel's signature scent that you can smell in the lobby, blissful. The bed was heavenly, and the bathroom great as well, however some flower arrangements in the room would've been appreciated. That's what you would expect at 500+ EUR a night. Room service was outstanding (great cheeseburgers) and Azerra Restaurant by the pool served okay food if what you need is a snack in between tanning sessions. The adults pool is exquisite and quiet which is a great bonus. I found the breakfast spread to be rather poor, especially after having experienced breakfast spreads in top hotels in Asia. However you can order any item you like, just make sure you do that. Upon checkout unfortunately, I had a very poor experience with one of the staff (Abderrahim). If you refer to my previous review of June 2012, it was the same staff that delivered a disappointing level of service. Due to a miscommunication as to a double occupation of the room (instead of 1 adult), I was told there would be an extra charge for the second adult, however no mention of this was done upon checking in, so I didn't expect this. And Abderrahim couldn't care less, just stared and told me that payment for the room was already made so we had to pay the additional charge. This was unprofessional and I should've been notified right from the beginning. Proactiveness is a must, especially in the hotel industry. A little while after though, I had a much better checkout experience with Ilyas who was very courteous and dealt with the minor situation in a very professional and polite way. I hope that in my next visit, check-in and check-out will be completely seamless and fast, with no hidden charges or problems. And I insist that reception staff, especially the one I mentioned, need extensive training as to how to treat hotel guests and how to present minor issues in a favourable way to avoid customer dissatisfaction. There's a lot of competition in Marrakech and I wouldn't hesitate to book Mandarin Oriental when it opens, so the management needs to deal with this, especially since my last review went unanswered by the GM. Otherwise, this is a great property and it was a real pleasure staying here once again. Definitely recommend it if you want a sophisticated yet very relaxing stay in Marrakech.

Room Tip: If you're booking a Superior Room, go for 217. It's got a great view of the main fountain in...
Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
hfrehde, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear HassanBen,

Thank you very much for your review and your detailed feedback about our resort. We especially appreciate it since it was your second review and we are glad to see that we have improved since your frist stay. Rest assured that we take all of our reviewer's feedback seriously and we use these reviews to continuously train our staff.
Please feel free to contact me at 0661 46 73 58 if you would like to discuss any further points in detail and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel is classic 4 seasons. It has touches of Morocco but you could be anywhere. That said the: service, facilities, accommodation and atmosphere are all superb. We are enjoying a 5 day break as a family of 4 with 2 kids ages 9 & 7 and the hotel is exactly what we needed. If you want to know what you're getting this is place to be only 3.5 hours from London.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Daniel A,
Thank you for your recent stay with us as a family. We are glad you enjoyed it and agree with you: Our location and our services are perfect for a great family vacation, especially since Marrakech is so close to all European Major hubs.
We hope you will come back in the Summer for some fun in the sun and great pool time.
Regards,
Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Four Seasons Resort Marrakech? Share your experiences!