After having stayed at FS Marrakech in June 2012 and having encountered some teething problems, I was very much satisfied with my second stay there. The resort is now up and running and staff have learnt the lesson, the level of service is now to par with other FS hotels and resorts around the world. What I noticed was the management added some moroccan touches to the resort which was a great addition, and created a very nice setting. Private Room pop up lounge was exquisitely decorated and cocktails were okay, however it's sad to see there was nobody there on a Friday evening. The staff were great, very helpful and all smiles from doormen to pool attendants. I did some shopping at the resort's boutique which had some great finds, I just couldn't resist buying the hotel's signature scent that you can smell in the lobby, blissful. The bed was heavenly, and the bathroom great as well, however some flower arrangements in the room would've been appreciated. That's what you would expect at 500+ EUR a night. Room service was outstanding (great cheeseburgers) and Azerra Restaurant by the pool served okay food if what you need is a snack in between tanning sessions. The adults pool is exquisite and quiet which is a great bonus. I found the breakfast spread to be rather poor, especially after having experienced breakfast spreads in top hotels in Asia. However you can order any item you like, just make sure you do that. Upon checkout unfortunately, I had a very poor experience with one of the staff (Abderrahim). If you refer to my previous review of June 2012, it was the same staff that delivered a disappointing level of service. Due to a miscommunication as to a double occupation of the room (instead of 1 adult), I was told there would be an extra charge for the second adult, however no mention of this was done upon checking in, so I didn't expect this. And Abderrahim couldn't care less, just stared and told me that payment for the room was already made so we had to pay the additional charge. This was unprofessional and I should've been notified right from the beginning. Proactiveness is a must, especially in the hotel industry. A little while after though, I had a much better checkout experience with Ilyas who was very courteous and dealt with the minor situation in a very professional and polite way. I hope that in my next visit, check-in and check-out will be completely seamless and fast, with no hidden charges or problems. And I insist that reception staff, especially the one I mentioned, need extensive training as to how to treat hotel guests and how to present minor issues in a favourable way to avoid customer dissatisfaction. There's a lot of competition in Marrakech and I wouldn't hesitate to book Mandarin Oriental when it opens, so the management needs to deal with this, especially since my last review went unanswered by the GM. Otherwise, this is a great property and it was a real pleasure staying here once again. Definitely recommend it if you want a sophisticated yet very relaxing stay in Marrakech.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marrakech refreshed: Located adjacent to the Menara Gardens, just a five minute drive from the exotic energy of the ancient Medina, Four Seasons offers a fresh Moroccan perspective: a calming resort-hotel with a light Moroccan touch. The inspiring retreat combines an impressive spa, landscaped pools, gardens and event space with a contemporary design that augments the sense of airy luminosity. Welcoming and uplifting, the hotel offers couples, families and groups a stylish oasis within an intriguing ancient city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Splendia, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- 4 Seasons Resort Marrakech