Only 3 hours flying time from the chaos of Easy Jets check in at Easter traveller engourged Garwick is the chaos of Marrakesh.
The Four Seasons sits around 5 minutes drive from the airport and 10 minutes from the Medina. A perfect location if you are looking for a split of 70% poolside and 30% culture.
The rooms are great but like every hotel they have the really irritating habit of putting you in a low grade one first - in our case a " view of the kids pool" at our stage in life a view of the airport would be more welcome, anyway we were moved to room 88 and happy.
The staff is great and work with tremendous enthusiasm although in the case of the hotels Italian this manifests itself into the constant looking at order slips - missed courses and wrong orders - that said order the pizza, excellent.
The Souk is worth a visit but beware of the guides favourite "vendors" ie his pals who incentivise him, before you know you where you are you're locked in some shop only to escape if you are cluthing a bag of smelly herps or a fez that will at best fit into the " good idea at the time" catagory.
The Medina at night is overated but worth a look.
Outside the restaursnts are ok the best being the Comptoir which has belly dancing at 1030 ( although only for 15 minutes)
The rest serve the quality of food you wouldn't pay half the price for in London normally in virtual darkness.
Oh, Tarik in the health spa asked for a mention - his sports massage is legend,
One can only presume he practised on Barbie and Ken dolls due to some of the positions he gets you in.
My favourite member of staff though is the welcoming tea man - charming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marrakech refreshed: Located adjacent to the Menara Gardens, just a five minute drive from the exotic energy of the ancient Medina, Four Seasons offers a fresh Moroccan perspective: a calming resort-hotel with a light Moroccan touch. The inspiring retreat combines an impressive spa, landscaped pools, gardens and event space with a contemporary design that augments the sense of airy luminosity. Welcoming and uplifting, the hotel offers couples, families and groups a stylish oasis within an intriguing ancient city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Splendia and Odigeo so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Marrakech
- Four Seasons Resort Marrakech Hotel Marrakech