Not sure how this property got all the good reviews. Currently staying here and more than disappointed. Have been fortunate enough to experience other Four Seasons and this one is clearly not up to the standard.
@Check-in: They emailed me in advance asking for the guests name (good). Only then to address everybody by my name (really bad). So why bother asking me at all? Furthermore, check-in was unnecessary long.
@Room: Got room with no view on ground floor (which they call deluxe, not lowest category) despite promises to the contrary before. Reception told me I got worst room, because only pay special rate (which is correct, but still 400 Euro per night). So unless you pay top rate, you are treated as second class citizen.
In addition, room was not properly cleaned. Windows at least not cleaned for two weeks. If you position yourself as 5+ star property and currently charge up to 700 Euro/ night for standard room, you might consider cleaning the windows more often. Room also misses a desk to work which I find surprising. Plus, e.g. fittings in bathroom or furniture not of highest quality (more like 4 star hotel and not comparable to FS Park Lane in London).
Even worse, my friends were put in room with connecting door and NO noise isolation. They can hear everything what is said and done in room next to theirs. Talking to reception did not even get a feedback. Manager has now acknowledged the problem (we are aware), but can´t help (as hotel booked). My advice: Tell people when they book and they can then make a decision if they want to come despite that.
@Service level: They are trying, but for a hotel now open since 1.5 years they should have figured it out by now. Apparently, breakfast room too small for a full hotel (don´t ask). Instead of a) opening other restaurant for breakfast, b) offering in room breakfast for free or c) offering breakfast until 12 instead of 10:30am, hotel has decided to use banquet chairs and tables in addition. Never mind that whole atmosphere of place is being destroyed by non fitting furniture.
@Resort: Definetely not five stars. Gym & sauna (both too small for hotel this size) not connected to main building. So guests have to walk there with coat (currently cold at night and in the mornings). Same story for spa. Tennis courts are clay - which is great in case you make sure everybody plays with proper shoes. That is not the case. Btw: Gym machines are not disinfected after usage. Sauna is not heated.
Overall, this is at best a four star property (when compared to places like Dubai, Maldives, Austria etc.). Certainly not up to usual Four Seasons standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marrakech refreshed: Located adjacent to the Menara Gardens, just a five minute drive from the exotic energy of the ancient Medina, Four Seasons offers a fresh Moroccan perspective: a calming resort-hotel with a light Moroccan touch. The inspiring retreat combines an impressive spa, landscaped pools, gardens and event space with a contemporary design that augments the sense of airy luminosity. Welcoming and uplifting, the hotel offers couples, families and groups a stylish oasis within an intriguing ancient city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Splendia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- 4 Seasons Resort Marrakech