“FABULOUS !!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
JUPITER, FLORIDA
“FABULOUS !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Well its the Four Seasons so what else can you expect ?? BUT this one is NEW and the most gorgeous one we have ever been too...not only is the hotel incredible the guest services were spectacular making all of our reservations. We did NOT leave the resort without a guide , especially going to the Souks. We had two different ones bringing us two different experiences. It was a sensational trip one not to be missed if you get the chance to go. We flew to Madrid first and stayed at the Ritz a few nights first so the flight to Morocco would not be as long.

Room Tip: Use AMEX platinum for upgrades
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

This is a lovely new hotel with great staff. The grounds are superb with two huge swimming pools - use the kids' one if you want real peace and quiet as it is not heated so all the kids and parents go to the adult one!
Rooms are spacious and very well kitted out. The restaurant is a bit limited though - room service has a much better menu. The spa and gym are great.
My only criticism is that the waiters' idea of a glass of wine is a bit varied - from generous to positively mean!
It is definitely an oasis of calm and quality but not of course representative of the country or city in which it sits.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
hfrehde, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Dear VeryDiscerning,
Thank you for your review and for your feedback on our waiter's ability to pour the wines. We will review those immediately.
In regards to the pools: I am glad to tell you that the kids pool is fully heated now and that the Adult Only pool is now THE place to relax in peace and quiet (We are the only luxury hotel in Marrakech with a deisgnated Adults Only Pool)!
I am sorry you didn't feel our resort did not have enough "sense of place"; Although it was always conceptualized as a contemporary, modern Moroccan hotel with Moroccan architecture and touches throughout, we are are adding additional throughout the resort.
Again, I thank you for taking the time to review our resort and hope to see you back soon.
Sincerley,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I contacted the Four Seasons hotel directly to get details of their Spa treatments. On reciept of their reply I decided to book directly with them(710Euro per night per room). I was advised to give CC details, name e.t.c which I did and I requested confirmation of my booking when it was made.

After not hearing for a few days, I sent another emailing chasing up and still no reply. After another chase up I assumed they either cant be bothered or as it was a new hotel they were having teething problems. I then sent a very strong email cancelling any booking which they might have made for me. I susequently booked the Royal Monsur as I never heard back from the Four Seasons Marrakech.

After I sent the very strong email cancelling a booking (if indeed they had actually made one!!) I recieve a reply from their Reservations Manager appologising for not repling to my emails and offering to upgrade my room, which was a generous offer, but when you are spending 710Euro per night will 50Euro upgrade make a difference to you? What hotels such as this Four Seasons Marrakech dont realise, it is not about the money it is about providing the "SERVICE" right from the start.

My deal with Royal Monsur will incurr a 600Euro cancellation charge and as such I wrote back to this "Reservations Manager" confirming this and advising if they would deduct this cnacellation charge I would be willing to book at their hotel. I aksed them to confirm one way or the other however a week has passed by and no reply!! Being a relatively new hotel part of me was tempted to go and stay out of curiosity.

Would I stay at any Four Seasons based on this experience...definately NOT! If they had got it right the first time, my booking would have been made at the price quoted inittially 710Euro...no need for an upgrade ...no need for me to book else where....however first impressions count and excuse the pun "have to wait for Four Seasons to pass before you get a reply" is what comes to mind if ever theis brand name is mentioned.

Pity.....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr Mac CAM,
Thank you for letting us know about our missed opportunity to gain you as a Four Seasons Resort Marrakech guest, both on Tripadvisor as well as on our Facebook page. As you can see we, take this feedback seriously and listen to our guests.
Since we spoke on the phone 2 days ago, we were still not able to find the emails and again, I can only apologize for this inconvenience and that we missed the opportunity to welcome you as a guest at our hotel.
I invite you to come visit the resort during your stay in Marrakech and see for yourself how nicely it has developed since the opening in June 2011.
If you would like to talk about this further, I invite you to contact me at ++212 661 46 73 58. Sincerely,
Holywood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

The weather in March was a good temperature for siteseeing. Trip to the Atlas Mountains was breathtaking. The souk in Marrakech should not be tackled without an OFFICIAL local guide, too easy to be taken in. The Place Djemaa El-Fna is fascinating by day and an indescribable cullinary experience by night. In spite of the hassle from traders and the general chaos, we never once felt threatened and with good advice from the hotel on taxi fares it was quite fun to haggle for an appropriate fare back to the hotel. Well worth the trip!

Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony overlooking the gardens.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Four of us stayed at the Four Seasons, Marrakech, for a week in February. The resort is quite beautiful with well laid out gardens, piped orange blossom scent, stunning pools and architecture. The staff were very attentive and keen to please.

However, there were a few issues indicative of a new resort which has yet to really sort itself out and which you wouldn't quite expect of a top quality resort. Not all the restaurants were open, the jacuzzi was out of order for most of our stay, the breakfast was open until 10.00 but no fresh food was put out beyond 9.30.

We had a fantastic stay and this will be a top resort, however, it's not quite there yet!

• Stayed February 2012
hfrehde, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Minnie,
Thank you for your review of our resort and for the very good feedback. As you have said we are always trying to improve and reviews like yours help us to "get there". Please come back soon to see for yourself how we have implemented the things we learned from your review (Jacuzzi is of course fixed already). I am also glad to advise that Zest Rooftop bar will be open in April!
Hope to see you soon at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

The hotel and staff are perfect in every way. After spending time in Marrakech town which is a frantic, exciting, colourful and interesting place, you come back to The Four Seasons Hotel which is peaceful, beautiful, calm and relaxing with the most welcoming, warm, friendly but professional staff. There is not one negative thing you can say about this hotel. This is a young hotel which in time can only improve like a fine wine.

Dear Carol,
Thank you for your nice review of our resort. I couldn't agree more with you: After an exciting day in the labyrinth of the Medina, with it's souks, scents and squares, it is wonderful to come back to our Resort Oasis (Only a short 3 km) and relax pool side, in the Spa or on the balcony of your room.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay like a "fine wine" and please come back soon.
Director of Sales & marketing
Marrakech, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Excellent in all aspects.
Very friendly and attentive staff
Great food
Good location
Very comfortable room
Beautiful gardens, especially at night

Finding it difficult to critise any way.