“Will be back, highly recommended.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 594 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Italian, French, International, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Doing business, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Near the post office of Marrakesh Gueliz, on the Hassan 2 boulevard, the Amaia restaurant is Open from Monday to Saturday. Food is served all day. Eat in or take out, food is tasty, healthy, light and so are the prices. For lunch and dinner, in a cozy atmosphere, check out the large menu with its good wines and daily suggestions. At aperitif time, a large variety of cocktails and tapas are also available.
Marrakech, Morocco
“Will be back, highly recommended.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Having tried a few places near to and further afield to our hotel, we found this restaurant five minutes away by foot. The food was cooked to perfection. The Duck in cider is really good and the Wife was also very happy with the Fillet Steak also cooked just the way she likes it. Planning to go back before returning home. Very good value, i have payed a lot more for less agreeable meals back in the UK. Service also 1st class, thank you.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Enough Tagine and Couscous? Time to find Amaia in Marrakesh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

TowardsTowards the end of our 13 day Kaleidoscope tour of Morocco, when Tagine and Couscous are clearly offered at every lunch and dinner meal, we needed to savor flavors that we frankly missed from home.
After reading our fellow Tripadvisor reviews, Amaia Restaurant quickly stood out. Within walking distance from our hotel, we ventured out. The street location were a bit distracting as not of lot of interesting choices to visit were visible on this street but once we arrived at our destination, we were really pleasantly surprised. A smaller, more intimate setting that lends itself to great involved conversations with my dinner companions. Only 2 other tables were occupied when we arrived. I asked the patrons at the table next to ours how their meal was. The friendliness of the local patrons was so evident as the female patron stopped and chatted with us for a long time… long enough that her male companion had to encourage her to wrap up our conversation!
Food was all fresh—handmade pasta.. a Sicilian grilled fish recipe, a fabulous New York Steak with an incredible sauce! Very evident that our Chef cared deeply to present carefully balanced portions with great flavor.

4 days later we were still talking about our tasty meal..and wishing we could go back again. Our second night in Marrakesh, we tried a Spanish restaurant that while good could not match our meal at Amaia.
Loved it!
the end of our 13 kalais

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Lovely little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My sister and I went one evening to this lovely restaurant and both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. I had a really beautiful salad as a starter, and the steak I chose for main course was also very good (cooked slightly more than I would have liked but I'm sure that was my fault as I do not speak any French and I think the waiter misheard my 'medium-rare' request - for this reason I did not ask for the steak to be changed and because it was very good anyway).

The service was excellent, as were the wines served - I started with a good white wine, followed by a glass of red with my main course and the waiter even let me taste the reds to choose which one I preferred before ordering.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant and certainly would have visited it again had we not found it on our last night in Marrakesh!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Great little restaurant worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Had an early dinner here. Arrived early to avoid the crowds. Sat at the bar so I could talk to the bartender. They offered me tastes of their wines so that I could choose one that suited my taste. The dinner was outstanding. I had the duck and it was great. Very tender and flavorful. Good place to go to get a great meal when you are tired of the rest of the regular food. Had great conversation with the owner who was very engaging and delightful. Took the time to explain the menu to me. Very great value for the quality of the food.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Amaia-marrakech, Propriétaire at Amaia Restaurant, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Hi Huri from Denver

Many thanks for your post. I hope that your long trip outside home is going well.

Also hope to see you again at Amaia, this time with Madam!

Kind regards.
E. Garozzo
Reykjavik, Iceland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A fine little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

It is a small place with a nice vibe. The owner was really friendly. The best thing however was the food which was excellent. We were three together and everyone was really happy with their meal. The prices are also not bad at all. Highly recommended.

Dear Reykjavik

Thank you for your nice comment. I guess that your second visit has been as sympathetic for you that it has been for me.
Good return to Island.