“Wonderful little gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 539 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Asian, French, Italian, International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Dining on a budget
Description: Near the post office of Marrakesh Gueliz, on the Hassan 2 boulevard, the Amaia restaurant is Open from Monday to Saturday. Food is served all day. Eat in or take out, food is tasty, healthy, light and so are the prices. For lunch and dinner, in a cozy atmosphere, check out the large menu with its good wines and daily suggestions. At aperitif time, a large variety of cocktails and tapas are also available.
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful little gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is fabulous! We were so impressed with the service and the food that we visited twice. Seabass tartare was fabulous...simply divine. Both times we visited the place was very quiet which is a shame as we honestly felt that this was the best restaurant we ate at and deserves to be full of people. Eric, the owner gave fantastic advice on food and the accompanying dish for each course. Not to mention that the price is extremely good! We were thoroughly impressed and would highly recommend this restaurant. Well done, Eric on a fantastic restaurant!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

WE arrived back from Essaoira late one night and couldnt find anywhere open to eat diner. We were recommended to go to this italian place and loved it. The food was great and although the atmosphere is more bistrot cafe than restaurant it was certainly delicious.

Visited August 2013
London
“Amazing food and beautiful restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Wonderful food. We had the New York steak and salmon fillet with tagliatelle as our mains this evening. I'm not a fan of salmon at all but tried a little of my boyfriends dish and it was beautifully prepared and expertly cooked. The steak (well done at my request) was still juicy and tender. I cannot recommend this fabulous food enough. Staff are friendly but not over-bearing. This is a true gem and if I had longer in Marrakech I'd dine here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and lovely service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My main concern when leaving this restaurant was that I hadn't tipped enough!!!

We happened upon Amaia when my girlfriend and I were starving and thirsty and feeling slightly cranky and hot...all in all a pretty bad combination! The owner of Amaia soon passified us with a strong cocktail and a super tasty seabass tartar starter with lovely crusty baguette like you would expect from a proper Parisian restaurant!

The menu has a strong French focus with Asian and Moroccan influences which work really well, we had the tagine with apricots and prunes and my girlfriend had the Thai style chicken with rice. Both meals were totally awesome and the chocolate fondant was one of the best I've ever had and I will usually go for it on any menu! Oh and the wine was great!!!!

Finally, the service was warm, welcoming and genuine so not sure what happened to one of the other guests in the previous reviews! Highly highly recomend!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hong Kong, China
“A great place to relax and enjoy a drink and meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant whilst looking for two other restaurants which happened to be closed for Rmamadan.
The people were welcoming and quickly provided us with a nice drink and hospitality, for both the adults and the children!
This relaxed and welcoming restaurant provided us with some good food and wine and was a perfect place for us. It was reasonably priced and I loved the beef tagine!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere