“Amazing food and beautiful restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 535 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Asian, French, Italian, International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Dining on a budget
Description: Near the post office of Marrakesh Gueliz, on the Hassan 2 boulevard, the Amaia restaurant is Open from Monday to Saturday. Food is served all day. Eat in or take out, food is tasty, healthy, light and so are the prices. For lunch and dinner, in a cozy atmosphere, check out the large menu with its good wines and daily suggestions. At aperitif time, a large variety of cocktails and tapas are also available.
London
“Amazing food and beautiful restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Wonderful food. We had the New York steak and salmon fillet with tagliatelle as our mains this evening. I'm not a fan of salmon at all but tried a little of my boyfriends dish and it was beautifully prepared and expertly cooked. The steak (well done at my request) was still juicy and tender. I cannot recommend this fabulous food enough. Staff are friendly but not over-bearing. This is a true gem and if I had longer in Marrakech I'd dine here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and lovely service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My main concern when leaving this restaurant was that I hadn't tipped enough!!!

We happened upon Amaia when my girlfriend and I were starving and thirsty and feeling slightly cranky and hot...all in all a pretty bad combination! The owner of Amaia soon passified us with a strong cocktail and a super tasty seabass tartar starter with lovely crusty baguette like you would expect from a proper Parisian restaurant!

The menu has a strong French focus with Asian and Moroccan influences which work really well, we had the tagine with apricots and prunes and my girlfriend had the Thai style chicken with rice. Both meals were totally awesome and the chocolate fondant was one of the best I've ever had and I will usually go for it on any menu! Oh and the wine was great!!!!

Finally, the service was warm, welcoming and genuine so not sure what happened to one of the other guests in the previous reviews! Highly highly recomend!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“A great place to relax and enjoy a drink and meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant whilst looking for two other restaurants which happened to be closed for Rmamadan.
The people were welcoming and quickly provided us with a nice drink and hospitality, for both the adults and the children!
This relaxed and welcoming restaurant provided us with some good food and wine and was a perfect place for us. It was reasonably priced and I loved the beef tagine!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“Good value for money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited this resturant last week. We turned up and were the only ones there! Always a bonus in a way, the guy who welcomed us (I presume was the owner) was very nice and welcoming. After that though we were passed onto someone else whilst the owner ate his dinner in front of us (bit weird?!)

I ordered the chicken loin which was priced at 120 MAD and my girlfriend had pasta with salmon priced at just 80 MAD, we thought the prices were cheap and very reasonable for the quality and tase. The chocolate fondant was perfection though a little bit small even for 1 person.

Well worth a visit!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The food and service was average. I felt that the staff were more interested in talking to the locals rather then looking after us tourists. The layout and lighting is nice, but I wouldnt call it romantic. The cost of the food is a true reflection of the quality of it,

• Visited June 2013