“Relaxing distraction from Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Update restaurant details
Ranked #8 of 507 restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Asian, French, Italian, International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Description: Near the post office of Marrakesh Gueliz, on the Hassan 2 boulevard, the Amaia restaurant is Open from Monday to Saturday. Food is served all day. Eat in or take out, food is tasty, healthy, light and so are the prices. For lunch and dinner, in a cozy atmosphere, check out the large menu with its good wines and daily suggestions. At aperitif time, a large variety of cocktails and tapas are also available.
chichester
“Relaxing distraction from Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We ate there tonight. A very nice meal, my wife had the beef Carpaccio (which she said was excellent) and I had the Moroccan starter. Mains, my wife has the Thai chicken and I have the beef tangine, both really tasty dishes, though am not sure the beef tangine was that authentic it was delicious. We had never had Morrocan wine before, it doesn't have a large footprint in the UK, but it was also great, we ended up having two bottles.
In all a very nice restaurant, took us a while to find it but its just round the corner from McDonald's.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
“Very good food very nice service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I went to this resto for lunch in June
Was the best I had in Marrakesh, very stylish interieur and very nice service
Prices are reasonable
Little negative , portions are quit small but still very good value

Visited June 2013
“Tasty food, quite pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Friendly service, recommended an excellent local wine, great food, recommended for your stay in Marrakech. We'd happily eat there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tunis, Tunisia
“I definitely recommend Amaia if you are in MARRAKESH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I am a pretty picky person when it comes to food and rating restaurants. I look carefully at the quality of service, the cleanliness, the food, the atmosphere, how the dishes are served, i.e in the plates, etc.
Amaia is definitely a nice place to go if you desire a nice full meal. Having stayed in marrakesh for a week and ate all sorts of food, my husband and I decided to try the place. I had a New York Steak with vegetables and fries, and a lemon tart for desert. Everything was perfect. Not too salty, not too sugary for the tart, not fade, just the right taste as I had not had in a long time. The portions were perfect, and service was fast. My husband just had a tartare and salmon because he had eaten something a few minutes earlier and so was full, but he told me in french that whatever he had was "IMPECCABLE!!!!!" I.E "JUST PEREFCT!!!" I congratulated the owner at the end and told him I would be making this review. Go there. You will not be disappointed!!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Faultless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner last night at Amaia after reading good reviews and we were not dissapointed. The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed. We thought the portions were ample (especially the Farmers salad starter which was huge!) We finished our meal with an amazing cocktail. Our bill for 2 courses with soft drinks and a cocktail each was 515D, we were happy to pay this for a wonderful meal!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere