“Tasty food, quite pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 567 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Asian, French, Italian, International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Dining on a budget
Description: Near the post office of Marrakesh Gueliz, on the Hassan 2 boulevard, the Amaia restaurant is Open from Monday to Saturday. Food is served all day. Eat in or take out, food is tasty, healthy, light and so are the prices. For lunch and dinner, in a cozy atmosphere, check out the large menu with its good wines and daily suggestions. At aperitif time, a large variety of cocktails and tapas are also available.
“Tasty food, quite pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Friendly service, recommended an excellent local wine, great food, recommended for your stay in Marrakech. We'd happily eat there again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tunis, Tunisia
“I definitely recommend Amaia if you are in MARRAKESH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I am a pretty picky person when it comes to food and rating restaurants. I look carefully at the quality of service, the cleanliness, the food, the atmosphere, how the dishes are served, i.e in the plates, etc.
Amaia is definitely a nice place to go if you desire a nice full meal. Having stayed in marrakesh for a week and ate all sorts of food, my husband and I decided to try the place. I had a New York Steak with vegetables and fries, and a lemon tart for desert. Everything was perfect. Not too salty, not too sugary for the tart, not fade, just the right taste as I had not had in a long time. The portions were perfect, and service was fast. My husband just had a tartare and salmon because he had eaten something a few minutes earlier and so was full, but he told me in french that whatever he had was "IMPECCABLE!!!!!" I.E "JUST PEREFCT!!!" I congratulated the owner at the end and told him I would be making this review. Go there. You will not be disappointed!!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Faultless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner last night at Amaia after reading good reviews and we were not dissapointed. The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed. We thought the portions were ample (especially the Farmers salad starter which was huge!) We finished our meal with an amazing cocktail. Our bill for 2 courses with soft drinks and a cocktail each was 515D, we were happy to pay this for a wonderful meal!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful service and excellent taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We came here as one of our last restaurants during our stay in Marrakech and we were exceptionally thankful that we did. The food was to an excellent standard, the wine list was well chosen and the service - by the owner no less - was superb. A wonderful, quiet atmosphere which brings some sophistication to the excitable hubbub of the rest of the city.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Following the good reviews for this restaurant, I went there with a couple of friends and we all enjoyed it. The food was pretty straight forward and simple. Everything was fresh with lots of flavours. Being keen on Asian food, we ordered pork & crab spring rolls, seabream tartar and also Prawn and calamari cooked in a Wok ... We all loved it and made sure to clean our plates! It was definitely a good one.
Do not miss.