“Inexpensive” 3 of 5 stars

Brighton
64 attraction reviews
“Inexpensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I had a hammam and oil massage which took about 1 1/2 hours. It is good value for money; however, this is not as good as other hammam I have experienced.

The room where we had the hammam was quite cold, as was the massage room. The massage was OK but I would have preferred something with a little more pressure. We weren't asked what type of massage we wanted and weren't asked any questions at all. When the massage was over we were left for rather a long time on our own and thought that perhaps they had forgotten about us.

The staff; however, were very attentive and friendly.

At other hammam I have been to you are provided with disposable underwear; however, at Easy Spa they expected us to wear our own underwear and bring along a spare pair. As we weren't aware of this it caused a few problems.

Visited March 2013

Broxbourne, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Great spa, great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I wanted a hammam experience that was reasonably priced but clean and professional, and EasySpa was all of this. I would highly recomment it. I booked by email a couple of days in advance of our trip for myself and my husband to have the couples deal (30 minute hammam, 1 hour massage). We were taken into a little cabin to get changed and given robes and slippers, then we were thorougly cleansed and exfolated in a little steam room. The massage that followed was out of this world, and was followed up by mint tea. The price (about £60 for the two of us) was about half that charged by most of the luxury hammams in town, so we found it excellent value.
Some people have complained that the girls are unfriendly but we found them to be very sweet. Moroccan women are naturally reserved and modest and who wants someone chatting away while you're having a relaxing massage?
The only downside for us was that it was quite hard to find - it's behind the mosque but taxis can't get in there so it's best so pay someone a few pence to show you the way.

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
“great way to ease into your Marakesh vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Our Riad booked a couple's treatment for us for our first evening in Marakesh - late afternoon, after arrival and before dinner. It was the perfect way to start our vacation, slough off (literally!) the cares of London and the annoyance of travel.

The hammam part was fantastic. Tons of warm water and steam, black soap, scrubbing. My husband and I were giggling and having so much fun. I have been to Korean spas in LA where they do a scrub that boarders on painful. This was just pleasantly scrubby - the black soap does a lot of the work of exfoliating. My skin was quite soft for at least a week following.

After the cleaning and scrubbing, we had a one hour relaxation massage. I have had better massages, but not at this price. It's not at all like a sports or deep tissue massage, but quite nice and relaxing. My only complaint was that I still had on my wet bathing suit bottom and it got a little cold (it was Jan and 0 degrees outside).

Overall a great experience at a very reasonable price (about $100/60GBP for two people including a generous tip.)

Visited January 2013
London, Canada
“The hammam was really good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

This hammam was advised us by Mr. Chafek from riad shaloma. when we arti ed the girls were very welcome. We paid 770dhs for me and my boyfriend which included hammam in a tiny room with a girls washing us as the traditional way id say very nice after that we had a couple massage for 1 hour. It was good. The place was very clen the girls very professional but not enough chic and charming as i was expecting. After all i advise it because other places we saw were horrible.

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Very relaxing and amazing massage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Our Riad was next door so we just walked in and made an appointment for a couple spa treatment. It is a very nice clean place maybe not as fancy but fancy enough...The girls are very friendly and offered us tea. The treatment consisted of hamam and a 1h massage. I really enjoyed both whereas my husband was a bit disappointed but the massage was sooooo good. We did not plan initially to come back but we did before we left Marrakech.

Visited November 2012