“Great tour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 465 Activities in Marrakech
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Colours of Morocco tours organises and offers a variety of tours and excursions all around Morocco. Imperial cities, Atlas mountains , camel trek in the Sahara , berber trail, the atlantic coast ( Agadir , Essaouira ) and the north of Morocco ( Tangiers,Chefchaouen)..a colourful landscape With it's people, their traditions and customs are presented to you to make your own tailor-made trip ..to experience , to live real colours of Morocco.
New York City, New York
“Great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My wife and I were very pleased with out tour guide Mohamed. He was very knowledgeable, spoke excellent English, very accommodating and overall a happy and fun guy. I could not think of anything I would have done different. Colors of Morocco did an amazing job and I highly recommend.

Visited May 2014

“City girls in Marrakesh..Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My friends and I visited Marrakesh from March 22-26, 2014. We had the pleasure of having Mohamed as our driver/tour guide when we visited the Atlas Mountains and the desert. He was very welcoming, shared a lot of history and information about landmarks and the country, and he was a very good/safe driver. We felt safe, informed, and we had an amazing experience. We planned our trip the night before and we really lucked up when Mohamed was available.Great times all around and I highly recommend the Colours of Morocco for day and/or overnight excursions!!!

Visited March 2014
Hitchin, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing experience we will never forget!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We booked direct with Mohamed via his website before leaving the UK. We asked a lot of questions via email and he always responded promptly and politely so we felt we were in good hands already.

From the moment Mohamed arrived at our hotel to pick us up to the minute he dropped us off we could not have asked for a better day. His knowledge was plentiful and interesting making the trip an unforgettable experience.

From stopping at the view of the reservoir, having traditional mint tea on an amazing terrace (they couldn't have done enough for us showing us their lovely home), to the Berber villages and school children we met along the way; nothing could have been more perfect.

Mohamed was lots of fun and his 4x4 was very comfortable, even with 4 adults as passengers!

We were amazed that there were no other cars in a convoy on his trips, making the experience even more personal.

The colours of Morocco change at every twist and turn and we'd highly recommend getting out of the city to see this beautiful country.

The lunch we had was very nice and we insisted that Mohamed join us as he became one of our friends. The trip was excellent value for what we saw and the experience Mohamed made it. Thank you!

Visited March 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Six star treatment at three star price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I travelled to Marrakech, Morocco for work and I didn't have an opportunity to plan any type of tour after my Conference. I was fortunate that the concierge (Youssef) at my hotel, Le Meridien NFIS in Marrakech immediately contacted a tour company to accommodate my wishes for four days post Conference. Luckily for me, it was Mohamed from Colours of Morocco. What an absolute professional, knowledgeable, adaptable and comedic person. To understand the political landscape and the culture of Morocco, you need to have Mohamed as your guide. Book him in advance - worth every penny. If you are one person, the rate for this tour company might be expensive. However, if you are more than two persons, this is the best value and efficient manner to receive a personalized tour of Morocco compared to a bus tour with forty plus persons.

As many others have already mentioned, Mohamed is a kind person by purchasing chocolates and soccer balls for the kids in the villages in the Atlas mountains. Moreover, the highlight of the trip was to understand why the taxis don't have meters and there aren't any standardized prices. Once you understand the Moroccan internal government policy that needs to be fixed immediately, you empathize with the drivers and welcome all Moroccans as genuinely friendly, and hospitable people.

I didn't want to reiterate what others have already mentioned but all the tours that you choose, Mohamed will exceed your expectations - just let him know in advance, if possible and he'll take care of it. In fact, why I prefer such tours is that you are able to adapt them to your needs.

My only fault on the trip is to inform everyone to ignore Mohamed's advice and NOT to purchase any of the Argan Oils from the Women's Cooperative in the Atlast mountains. Given that Argan are grown when travelling to Essaouira, the costs in the mountains are astronomically more expensive. Purchases were up to 50% more than in the lowerland. As such, I would recommend to ask Mohamed to find a store in the lowerland or buy them in the souk where you can negotiate. If you aren't visiting Marrakech or going to Essaouira, definitely negotiate the prices with the women in the mountains.

Mohamed doesn't make you feel like a client but a best friend by the end of the tour. Bon travail Mohamed - you have become a friend for life!

Visited April 2014
Mississauga, Canada
“Trip and experience I will never forget...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

In Feb 2014 I had the opportunity to visit Morocco. It was a 7 day trip, but how well organized and carefully planned by Colours of Morocco so that in such short time my group was able to experience highlights of Morocco; from beautiful coast cities like Agadir and Essaouira, through Ouarzazate to Merzouga and Sahara desert, and through High Atlas Mountains to Marrakech.

Amongst the many beautiful places we visited, for me the highlights of this trip were; a camel ride through desert of Sahara for unforgettable experience of a night in Bedouin camp, and a scenic drive through the High Atlas Mountains with breathtaking views...
I never imagined that I will be able to see such variety of landscape in one country, during one trip!

Yes, we covered a lot of ground, but thanks to our tour guide Mohamed and his passion for the country and knowledge and humor, our drive was filled with interesting facts and history behind places we visited and Morocco in general.

It was truly an unforgettable trip!

Visited February 2014