“One day tour of Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 540 Activities in Marrakech
More attraction details
Owner description: Colours of Morocco tours organises and offers a variety of tours and excursions all around Morocco. Imperial cities, Atlas mountains , camel trek in the Sahara , berber trail, the atlantic coast ( Agadir , Essaouira ) and the north of Morocco ( Tangiers,Chefchaouen)..a colourful landscape With it's people, their traditions and customs are presented to you to make your own tailor-made trip ..to experience , to live real colours of Morocco.
liverpool
5 attraction reviews
“One day tour of Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We chose this company as the reviews were excellent and also they responded immediately on enquiring about cost etc. Our one day guide was Nabil. He arrived bang on time at our Riad and took us through the Souks explaining how the crafts are made and showed us the intricate alleys full of men working on items we could then purchase if we chose. He told us the history as we went, stopped when we needed refreshing from the heat and made the entire day a pleasure from start to finish. I would highly recommend the company and Nabil.
Thanks

Visited April 2013

philadelphia
“Most incredible trip ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My sisters and I recently got back from our trip to Morocco with Mohammed, and can not stop talking about it! This was truly a once in a lifetime trip - we spent about 4 days doing the southern Morocco tour (Atlas mountains, valleys, gorges, Sahara) including the night in the berber tents in the desert (which was just one of the many eye opening and memorable parts of the trip!)

"Going above and beyond" does not even begin to describe Mohammed - he was the best tour guide ever! He has such a wealth of knowledge in so many areas - history, languages, culture, religion... every question we had was answered! To top it off, he is so nice, funny and has great taste in music! All in all, we could not have asked for a better guide. He truly made us feel at home in his country, and it didnt hurt that he showed up every morning with delicious Moroccan treats (fresh oranges, dates, cookies, etc) to snack on during the ride :)

There was not one thing that I would change about this trip (except maybe that we should have stayed longer!!) If you are reading this and thinking about a trip to Morocco - definitely contact Mohammed first!!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing tour. Best guide I have ever had traveling.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Mohamed was the best guide I have ever traveled with. My friend and I traveled through the Atlas Mountains with him to the desert and had a really good time. He provided history on the country, people, and catered to our needs- even buying me cough medicine for the cold I had on the trip! He is a great person with lots of personality. A highlight of our trip for sure was when we 4-wheeled into the desert to help a nomad give some wild camels water. We really appreciated all of his extra help in making us comfortable and would HIGHLY recommend traveling with Colours of Morocco. Thank you again Mohamed!

Milan, Italy
46 attraction reviews
“Amazing is probably an understatement...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My friend and I found Colours of Morocco on Trip Advisor and chose it over another highly ranked company based on reviews and the description of the tours available. It was the best decision. We spent three days with Mohamed touring different aspects of Morocco- Casablanca (the mosque makes the visit worthwhile), the Ouzoud Cascades (watch out for the monkeys during lunch), and Essaouira (spend more time here!!) Mohamed was friendly, punctual, knowledgable and generous. Sometimes when people, especially in the tourism industry, do extra things for you it feels like its done only for an extra tip on the end, but this is not the case with Mohamed. He went out of his way for us with no ulterior motives. After talking about the confusion of finding restaurants in the medina, he picked us up one night after a day tour and took us out to dinner in the new city. Upon learning our airport ride had fallen through, he came back to pick us up and take us to the airport and waited while we checked in. Our days in Morocco we fine before we met Mohamed, but our experience with him turned an average trip into one we won't soon forget. Prices are more than fair and we felt he was owed more than he charged, so we paid accordingly.

Visited February 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Best part of our trip to Morocco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Mohamed was an incredible guide. Three friends and I took the three valleys tour through the Atlas Mountains with him. We only had four days in Morocco, but this was definitely a highlight. Mohamed was incredibly knowledgable about the history of Morocco, the Berbers, the landscape, etc. He was also quite funny and personable. Every story was tinged with a personal anecdote that brought the color to the colours of Morocco tour.

I've been on more than a dozen tours in a dozen countries, but Mohamed was the best guide I've ever had. And WHEN I go back to Morocco, I will take another tour with him for certain.

It was clear to us that Mohamed didn't just know the area, he loved it. Kids rushed up to the car to say hi - not to ask for anything - but just to see that he was there. Of course, he was generous with them, even going to the market to get a soccerball for a kid he had made a promise to on a previous trip. He was a part of the community and welcomed us into it as well.

Some of the highlights: mint tea at a Berber home, incredible colors of the doors and buildings, stunning variations in the colors of the red clay, green hills and white mountains; the smiling faces of the children we met, the hustle bustle of the Berber market (just for passing through not buying the goods), seeing stunningly beautiful visages of Morocco far from the image that you had in your head before you took the tour.

Definitely bring your camera. You could take pictures for days. Also, bring some snacks. You will stop for lunch, but having a few bites along the way will help.