“Best welcome to Marrakech!” 5 of 5 stars

You added DadaMouss to your Saves list
DadaMouss
Sidi Ayoub derb Hamam 82 | Derb Hamam 82, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #156 of 1,041 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“Best welcome to Marrakech!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

What a beautiful treasure for the medina is Dadamouss. Mustapha & his family made me feel so welcome from the moment I stepped into this exquisite artistic paradise to the sad moment a week later when I reluctantly had to leave.
I was spellbound by the custom made art, lighting, arches, furniture & doors that create the wonderful atmosphere at Dadamouss along with the beautiful roof terrace where dinner is served under the stars.
All this is just the setting, as it was really the friendliness and helpfulness of the owner Mustapha, the cheeky grin & humor of his brother Houssam & the incredibly delicious cooking of his mother Aisha that made Dadamouss so memorable.
This is quality accommodation with a BIG heart. Thank you very much & I look forward to returning for more fun, laughter & Aisha's famous couscous.
Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed May 2012

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Marrakesch, what a beautiful, exciting city.
Dadamouss...what a beautiful place to stay! Booking the first couple of nights prior to our arrival, we didn't want to leave and ended up spending a whole week with Mustapha and his lovely family. The apartment on the top floor is beautiful - decorated with such love to detail, cozy and immaculately clean. A sanctuary when we needed to recharge from the buzz of the city. Breakfast was being served on the terrace every morning - fresh orange juice, sweet tea, coffee, pancakes, fruit,..whatever we we wished for, Mustapha made sure we had it all. Being welcomed by a sweet cup of tea when we got in after a whole day of exploring made us feel like coming home every time. Dadamouss is located perfectly, hidden away in the little streets (old town), it was only a 10min walk to the big square, passing lots of interesting little shops and local businesses. I'll never forget the first day we arrived - Mustapha took us for a tour through the city, telling us where to go, which restaurants to pick, what things to see. What a perfect way to be welcomed. No matter what question we had, he always took the time to explain it all. To us, Dadamouss was the perfect balance between privacy, relaxation and sincere hospitality. Dadamouss is fantastic value for money and we would recommend staying there to anyone who's planning a trip to Marrakesch. We wish Mustapha and his family all the best and are looking forward to staying with him again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Marktoberdorf, Bayern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

The Riad Dadamouss is an absolute great place in Marrakesch. It is very close in the middle of the Medina and still very quiet. Mustapha and his family offered a very welcome and warm service. Always nice talks, open for all kind of questions and offered good trips with local guides.

Rooms are very clean and styled in traditional Moroccan way.

Highly recommendable Riad.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Castleford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We spent a week in Marrakesh, staying at the DadaMouss Riad between 21.12.2011 to 28.12.2011 - what an absolutely fantastic experience! Mustafa, his mother, and young brother were lovely! They couldn't have made us feel more part of the family. Breakfast was set for whatever time you wanted it, consisting of homemade fresh pancakes, breads, cream and jam, along with coffee and orange juice. We took the typically English Flu with us, and Mustafa happily supplied hot water for our lempsips - and he even supplied us with his own Morrocan version of Lemsips when we ran out - what a man! The Riad is right in the heart of the old town so visitors should be prepared for lots of hustle, bustle, scooters, horses and carts - it's not for the faint hearted and is a shock to the system at first! Mustafa kindly took us out on the first night to familiarise us wih the area and laughed as we were nearly knocked over by what felt like a million scooters zooming past us on every narow street! It is an awesome experience and I would reccommend it to anyone who fancies something different. The Riad is only about a 10min - 15 minute walk frm the main square, and is a fascinating experience along the way. The Riad is clean, stylishly decorated (Moroccan themed of course, which I love), quiet (apart from the Mosques calling to prayer at random times during the day/night), and very safe. My only advice would be to take some ear plugs if you're a light sleeper (due to the calling to prayer), and possibly your PJ's in winter, as it can get pretty cold on a night! We were a party consisting of me, my partner, 12 year old daugher, and my mother in law and we wanted to experience someting out of the ordinary. We certainly got what we hoped for and had a great Christmas! The only other thing I want to add is that if there is anything you need, any advice about where to go, what to avoid, and any help at all, Mustafa is always willing to help out - never pushy, just really friendly and helpful - he's great company too and we spent a lot of time with him talking about all sorts! He came with us to the Atlas Mountains on a trip he organised with his friend (a taxi driver) which we got for next to nothing for a full day - he took me and my stepdaughter up a mountain, falling in to lagoons on the way back down!! Overall, I would recommend everyone who goes to Marrakesh to stay at this Riad :-)

Rachael, Kimberley, Joanne, Olivia x

Room Tip: Top Floor has a sun terrace - but all rooms are great!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

If you want to feel like a real local, this Riad puts you in the CENTRE of the action, chez Mustafa and his family. The rooms are decorated in a very authentic style and the place really feels like a family home (because it is!). We stayed in a lot of different Riads during our time in Morocco, but we were just wowed by the hospitality and incredibly caring attitude of Mustafa. Every single piece of advice he gave us was spot on and you can see that he really cares about the people he is looking after. Meeting him and staying in his riad, you really get a feel for the true hospitality and kindness of Moroccan people. We were invited to share a meal with his mother and little brother, and it was the best couscous we ate during the whole trip!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

My one week stay in Marrakech was at Riad Dadamouss and was very quiet and relaxing, yet just 10/15 mins walk from the Djemaa el fna square and easy to find. Mustapha, the owner, and his family were so welcoming and friendly to me and made my stay very comfortable. My room was at the top of the Riad and had a large private terrace with sunbeds and seating area. The Riad is decorated in the traditional Moroccan style, beautifully and artistically designed and is spotlessly clean. Breakfast was served at any time suitable to me and was fresh and well presented. Mustapha was available all day and attentive and helpful, giving me any information on request. A taxi service was available from the airport to and from the Raid which was organized by Mustapha making the journey quick and simple. I hope to return to see Mustapha and his family again soon and I would not hesitate to recommend Riad Dadamoouss to anyone who is looking for a traditional, clean and comfortabe Riad near to the Medina.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

A beautiful guesthouse located not far from the main square. We enjoyed ourselves so much at the Dadamous we opt to stay in on the terrace for New Years Eve and enjoy Mustapha's mum perfectly cooked tagine and couscous!

The guesthouse is so tastefully decorated it was easy to come back to relax and unwind after a hectic day out on the streets of Marrackech! Mustapha, our host was very attentive to our needs and quickly made us comfortable and treated us like family members coming for a visit.

I highly recommend this accommodation to everyone and I know I will be returning here if I find myself back in Marrakech anytime soon!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Been to DadaMouss? Share your experiences!