“Little gem in another world!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ryad Amiran

Save Saved
You added Ryad Amiran to your Saves list
Ryad Amiran
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Bab Doukkala | El Hajra Arset Ben Brahim, 23, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #141 of 1,054 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Little gem in another world!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Have read some of the other reviews on here and although the location is a bit of an eye opener it was exactly what we were looking for to explore the real heart of Marrakech. I guess some on here either didn't put the research in or are better suited to the infinately more expensive hotels in the "new Marrakech".

Firstly the Ryad itself, found just inside the city walls down one of the alleyways, the door opens to a lovely guest house with 5 rooms on the balcony level overlooking the downsatairs communal/dining area. The rooms are basic but traditionally decorated with large en-suite & walk in shower. Air-conditioned with a comfy bed all you need for a good night sleep until you're woken by the first call to prayer by the Iman over the loudspeakers on the nearby Mosque at 5am!
All the staff are friendly & helpful, Amin the manager arranged Taxi's to and from the airport, gave us tips on where to visit & how much we should pay for taxis or horse drawn carriage, he also booked a once in a lifetime balloon flight for us to watch the sun rise over the Atlas mountains & a luxury spa trip for Hamman & Massage. Breakfast is basic & as mentioned the "mini bar" containing water/soda etc is very expensive but shops down every alley way sell the same for a few dirhams. We were going to eat an evening meal in the Ryad but were put off by a rather vile couple who seemed to do nothing but complain from the moment they arrived so can't comment on the quality of food.
Marrakech itself - if your looking for lounging by the pool, 5 star luxury & bars & restaurants then stick the newer part of town & pay for it (we took a trip there one night £9 for a cocktail & £6 for a glass of coke so be warned!). The first night venturing into the main square is daunting & you will get lost as we were promised. Yes the streets & alleys are not clean, do smell and seeing groups of locals hanging around is a little intimidating but someone will offer to show you the way, usually expecting a tip for the privelage but most are polite keen to practise their english usally point out the sites on the way. Once you find the main square its pretty over-whelming, at night food stalls are packed in as the owners try their "cockney" patter on you to tempt you in, most sell pretty much the same basic food at the same price so take your pick. Through the day you will see snake chamers, monkeys on leads and the shops coming to life. Wander through the Soukhs & be prepared to haggle for everything we usually ended up paying less than 25% of their opening offer. (If your looking for spices etc head to the Jewish Mellah where you will pay a fraction of what the shops around the square charge). The best advice i can give is act confident & a forceful but polite no thankyou is usually enough to warn off the overkeen shop keepers.
All in all we had a wonderful experience and got to sample a totally different culture and met some very welcoming people.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Not quite yet our such a time, but we felt exactly like that.
We were pleased by the glow of rose petals all around the patio, and the smell of Argan oil was just so relaxing!
The "Sapphire" room was our perfect cocoon, and an amazing breakfast would wait for us at - any - time in the morning.
The roof terrace offers an amazing view over the medina, all the way to the smoking sounds of Jemah e Fnaa.
The place is incredibly quiet, very easy to reach by taxi, right inside the city walls, and the neighbourhood instills confidence also at night time.
The dinner we had on our last evening, with great, amazing service, pleasant music and delicious taste of the superbly stowed Moroccan dishes has left a mark in our memories.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This Ryad is so beautiful and of great value and the staff was fantastic. Everyone had a smile on their face and greeted us with such hospitality and warmth. We met the owner the first night and he was very nice and gave us some great tips for our trip. The next morning we met Amin, the manager who was so great, gave us a map and drew out the best routes to the places of interest. Amin really tried to make our stay as good as possible and when he noticed our love for relaxing in the sun he offered us an upgrade to a collaborating ryad close by which had a pool on the roof, he took us there to meet the owner and show us around and we stayed there for 2 of our 6 nights, which was excellent.
We can highly recommend the Ryad Amiran, the breakfast was ok but the dinner was amazing!
The service was the absolute best and we are very happy we stayed there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Getting to the hotel I certainly wasn't expecting what was to befall my eyes .... Plush, and I mean plush surroundings! The welcome was so truly warm also.
If you want a classy but quiet recluse to savour the finer things of Marrakech, sun bathe in the day (on the roof terrace) and enjoy the city night life .... Ryad Amiran,I would truly recommend

The food is nothing short of "heavenly" and the manager Amin, the ladies Fatimah and Indie always made you feel so comfortable. The owner Omid, lives to ensure all his guests are comfortable, and this is evidently been imbibed by all the staff.
Every single one of them, were always so warm and made you feel so much at home, as you were their "guest" in their "home". They were very accommodating and always found a solution for every problem (my mom was in a wheelchair, which they were unaware of, and steps would have been challenging).

If I ever return to Marrakech, this would certainly be my home for my stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
United kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

In response to mczak2 review - I am so so disappointed to read what you have said and I couldn’t agree less with your comments! Our stay here was stunning and the other visitors to the Ryad who were staying at the Ryad with me would agree! Staff were EXTREMELY helpful, especially Amin, Fatima and Ghizlan who made our holiday exceptional. Muhammed actually went out of his way to collect my sunglasses which I left in the souks earlier that day – you couldn’t ask for a nicer bunch of people to look after you! It was pure luxury! The food was above and beyond 5* with a fantastic range of food - Fatima is a fantastic cook (better than my mum and that is saying alot!)

All the rooms are similar and each with their own exquisite taste, uniqueness and beauty – I would have been happy to stay in any room! The showers and bathroom décor is spectacular – the rooms are cool and clean and very comfortable.

I would encourage anyone considering Ryad Amiran to definitely go ahead and book – you will not be disappointed - I am going again with my husband in December and looking forward to being utterly pampered by this lovely ryad and its wonderful staff!

- x - F

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Hello.
I stayed with my wife at this Ryad. First impressions from a picture online, I was totally excited but upon arriving, my views had changed as we were greeted by Muhammed who unfortunatly did not speak a word of english.
The place looked fantastic and very rich. We were given our room but it wasnt the room which were were told after requesting for it. Not Happy!
Breakfast was literally the same as every morning WITH VERY VERY LITTLE CHOICE OF FOOD.which was totally disappointing. Defo not 5 STAR!!
Location of Ryad was nice, near the souk mark and medina city.
I would think twice about booking Ryad again as I was expecting 5star when it clearly wasnt.
Workers, Fatima was very helpful and pleasent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Adil B, Propriétaire at Ryad Amiran, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Hello,

Thank you to find attached the witness guests who have stayed in the same time as you:

“ABSOLUTELY STUNNING - YOU CAN BOOK AND EXPECT NOTHING BUT LUXURY! :-)”
Avis écrit le 11 juillet 2013

- x - F
• Séjour du juillet 2013 - voyage en amoureux
Fribourg, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Highly recommended to anyone who would like to spend a pleasant stay in Marrakech.
The staff is fantastic. I have eaten better and cheaper than in all popular restaurants.
Only drawback: It lacks a musical instrument that the boss has promised for our .next stay.

Room Tip: J'ai adoré la chambre Améthyste avec son puit de lumière dans la salle de bain.