“Nice interior b&b but vile location & rip off prices” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ryad Amiran

Save Saved
You added Ryad Amiran to your Saves list
Ryad Amiran
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Bab Doukkala | El Hajra Arset Ben Brahim, 23, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #331 of 1,031 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Windsor, England, United Kingdom
“Nice interior b&b but vile location & rip off prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Basic but nice interior. There is no bar and they rip you off on drinks in fridge. £4 for bottle of water (which is 40p in shops!) £3 for can of pop and they had the cheek to chargd 700dirhams for dinner (£70) which we couldnt even eat it was so revolting. The Riad (b&b) is located in the old Moroccan quarters which is vile, putrid and rotten. Poo & pee everywhere, it was like living in sewers meet rubbish tip. The stench was unbearable. You have to pass it to get to the French New Quarters which was so clean and so different to where we were put. I am in shock that any1 would send tourists there. Qwerty Travel will be hearing from you immediately after writing this review

• Stayed November 2013

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Not quite yet our such a time, but we felt exactly like that.
We were pleased by the glow of rose petals all around the patio, and the smell of Argan oil was just so relaxing!
The "Sapphire" room was our perfect cocoon, and an amazing breakfast would wait for us at - any - time in the morning.
The roof terrace offers an amazing view over the medina, all the way to the smoking sounds of Jemah e Fnaa.
The place is incredibly quiet, very easy to reach by taxi, right inside the city walls, and the neighbourhood instills confidence also at night time.
The dinner we had on our last evening, with great, amazing service, pleasant music and delicious taste of the superbly stowed Moroccan dishes has left a mark in our memories.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This Ryad is so beautiful and of great value and the staff was fantastic. Everyone had a smile on their face and greeted us with such hospitality and warmth. We met the owner the first night and he was very nice and gave us some great tips for our trip. The next morning we met Amin, the manager who was so great, gave us a map and drew out the best routes to the places of interest. Amin really tried to make our stay as good as possible and when he noticed our love for relaxing in the sun he offered us an upgrade to a collaborating ryad close by which had a pool on the roof, he took us there to meet the owner and show us around and we stayed there for 2 of our 6 nights, which was excellent.
We can highly recommend the Ryad Amiran, the breakfast was ok but the dinner was amazing!
The service was the absolute best and we are very happy we stayed there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Getting to the hotel I certainly wasn't expecting what was to befall my eyes .... Plush, and I mean plush surroundings! The welcome was so truly warm also.
If you want a classy but quiet recluse to savour the finer things of Marrakech, sun bathe in the day (on the roof terrace) and enjoy the city night life .... Ryad Amiran,I would truly recommend

The food is nothing short of "heavenly" and the manager Amin, the ladies Fatimah and Indie always made you feel so comfortable. The owner Omid, lives to ensure all his guests are comfortable, and this is evidently been imbibed by all the staff.
Every single one of them, were always so warm and made you feel so much at home, as you were their "guest" in their "home". They were very accommodating and always found a solution for every problem (my mom was in a wheelchair, which they were unaware of, and steps would have been challenging).

If I ever return to Marrakech, this would certainly be my home for my stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
United kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

In response to mczak2 review - I am so so disappointed to read what you have said and I couldn’t agree less with your comments! Our stay here was stunning and the other visitors to the Ryad who were staying at the Ryad with me would agree! Staff were EXTREMELY helpful, especially Amin, Fatima and Ghizlan who made our holiday exceptional. Muhammed actually went out of his way to collect my sunglasses which I left in the souks earlier that day – you couldn’t ask for a nicer bunch of people to look after you! It was pure luxury! The food was above and beyond 5* with a fantastic range of food - Fatima is a fantastic cook (better than my mum and that is saying alot!)

All the rooms are similar and each with their own exquisite taste, uniqueness and beauty – I would have been happy to stay in any room! The showers and bathroom décor is spectacular – the rooms are cool and clean and very comfortable.

I would encourage anyone considering Ryad Amiran to definitely go ahead and book – you will not be disappointed - I am going again with my husband in December and looking forward to being utterly pampered by this lovely ryad and its wonderful staff!

- x - F

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Hello.
I stayed with my wife at this Ryad. First impressions from a picture online, I was totally excited but upon arriving, my views had changed as we were greeted by Muhammed who unfortunatly did not speak a word of english.
The place looked fantastic and very rich. We were given our room but it wasnt the room which were were told after requesting for it. Not Happy!
Breakfast was literally the same as every morning WITH VERY VERY LITTLE CHOICE OF FOOD.which was totally disappointing. Defo not 5 STAR!!
Location of Ryad was nice, near the souk mark and medina city.
I would think twice about booking Ryad again as I was expecting 5star when it clearly wasnt.
Workers, Fatima was very helpful and pleasent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fribourg, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Highly recommended to anyone who would like to spend a pleasant stay in Marrakech.
The staff is fantastic. I have eaten better and cheaper than in all popular restaurants.
Only drawback: It lacks a musical instrument that the boss has promised for our .next stay.

Room Tip: J'ai adoré la chambre Améthyste avec son puit de lumière dans la salle de bain.