“5 DAYS TOUR IN NEW YEAR” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 544 Activities in Marrakech
More attraction details
Owner description: Arib Voyages is a small customer-focused Moroccan tour company specialising in trekking, desert tours, camel treks, 4 x 4 adventures, cycling and bespoke trips in all areas of Morrocco such as Marrakech, Sahara, Atlas Mountains, the Atlantic Coast and beyond. Operated by two Bedouin brothers Bachir and Mokhtar el Ammari, Arib Voyages are dedicated to promoting and continuing Bedouin culture by promising outstanding journeys through their qualified guides, mule drivers, chefs, equipment and vehicles. Marhaba!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Madrid, Comunidad de Madrid, Spain
“5 DAYS TOUR IN NEW YEAR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015 NEW

I had a great experience taking a private tour of 5 days with Arib Voyages on the week of New Years eve.

All the way from Marrakesh to Sahara there was an amazing sightseen at the mountains and also when we got into the desert. There are beautiful areas at Sahara that I would't imagine it would exist.

I knew several beautiful villages spending the night in very beautiful and confortable riads and I spent two nights in a camp at Sahara desert. There were people from all arround the world and we celebrate New Years eve with a great party around the fire, dancing with drums played by locals.

At the desert you can find diferent activities to have fun as sandboard, camel ride, trekking around the dunes, quad... so much activities and great sightseen to take amazing photos =)

One day I eat at Mahmid, a little village near the camp, in a house of locals and we had cous cous and I remember I drunk the best tea I ever tried in my life! it was prepared so special. I enjoyed it so much.

My guide Bachir was the best! always nice and taking care of the little details than make my trip so perfect and comfortable.

I totally suggest to make this travel I went alone and I had a great time! I probably repeat forsure with my friends.

A suggestion, if you go in winter to the desert pack very warm winter clothes for the night because it gets very cold!

Visited January 2015

“To the Atlas Mountains & back by our pm flight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014

This trip was organised through our Riad Jona who put it together at very short notice only the day before.
Our guide/driver Omar picked us up on time and we set off towards these spectacular mountains. Whilst effectively only a half day event he ensured we packed in most of the essential elements to make the event a huge success including a stop at the Argon oil women's cooperative where they use stone age technology to extract the oil from the nuts. A short hike to a water fall followed by lunch completed the proceedings.
Omar made sure we got back to the airport on time to catch our flight back to Blighty.

Visited December 2014
Austin, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“I can't say enough good things about Arib Voyages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

Our family of 5 had a wonderful time in Morocco thanks to Arib Voyages. They arranged for our transport to and from the airport, our riad in Marrakesh, and a trip to the Sahara.
Fed greeted us at the airport, with no problems even though our plane was late and it was the middle of the night. He drove us as close as possible to our riad, which was in the old medina and walked us the rest of the way helping us with our luggage. This was at 1:00 am so we really appreciated the guidance. I don't think we would have been able to find it on our own. The Riad Jona was wonderful and we loved our time there. The next day a very nice gentleman from Arib Voyages came to our riad to talk to us about our Sahara trip coming up. He had lots of useful information about what to bring etc.
The following morning Bashir picked us up and we headed out to the desert. We had some crazy experiences and delays because Marrakesh and the Sahara were flooded from the rain. They hadn't had rain like that in 25 years, but Bashir handled it in stride and it made our experience very unique. We were crossing rivers in the Sahara by foot and camel because the car couldn't get all the way to the camp. The next day there was more water and Bashir had to drive across a river that was over his headlights. We got out and crossed by foot and Bashir did an excellent job driving across. We video taped it, so if you get a chance, ask him to see the video on his phone:). By the end of our trip with Bashir, he felt like family. He was great with our three kids and had lots of interesting information. We loved his sense of humor, easy-going personality and the sahara music he played for us.
It poured down rain the night we spent in the Sahara, but the tents were nice and dry and the food was delicious and ABUNDANT. Bashir and his cousins sang and played the drums for us in the dining tent and our kids got to go sand-boarding between rain showers. We are sad we missed the fire, sunset and stars outside, but not everybody gets to experience a flood in the desert :). Also it was my daughter's 17th birthday and Bashir and his cousins made her a sand cake with real candles, sang happy birthday and gave her a gift. They were so kind and made her birthday really special. She'll never forget getting to spend her birthday in Morocco!
Thank you Bashir and Arib Voyages for a spectacular trip! We hope to come back and see a dry desert with you someday. Haha!
I highly recommend your company to anyone thinking about visiting Morocco.
Best wishes,
Alanya, Stuart, Tessa, Weston and Mitchell.

Visited July 2014
Redhill
8 attraction reviews
“3 valleys tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

My husband and I did the 3 valleys tour with Omar.

It was a great change of pace to get out of the city and the medina.

The scenery was stunning and we got some great photos.

We had mint tea by the river.

We stopped at an argan oil collective. Their products were amazing but the explanation by the lady was rattled off at machine gun pace so although we understood it we didn't really get chance to digest it as we were rushed through.

Omar took us to the berber market which was interesting to see. Dentist/barber, butchers and whole tables of remote controls!!

There was some off road driving between valleys and we got up really high in the mountains which made for stunning views.

We had a late lunch at a berber home which was a special experience. Tomato salad, couscous and tagine with apples for desert. It was all delicious and a great view. To be honest the lunch needed to be late in the day, to make sure you weren't sick on the mountain roads (not a problem for us) and so you could stay awake!!

Omar introduced us to Toureg music which was a cool soundtrack for the journey home.

We had a lovely day.

brighton
9 attraction reviews
“A lovely relaxing day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

We booked the 3 valley tour of the Atlas mountains and it was a great change of pace from the Medina as well as giving a more authentic glimpse of life in Morocco. Our guide Bashir was friendly and informative with excellent English. As it was a private tour he gave us options for things we could do or visit on the tour, including a fascinating local market, so it was tailored to our interests unlike group tours in the past where you are dragged to shops for the guide'commission. There was a fair bit of driving but we had plenty of stops for photos and for walking just to admire the scenery. We had mint tea in a very pretty location by a river and a lunch stop at a small restaurant at the top of a valley with beautiful views and had the best food of our stay. They had suggested we bring pens and pencils for children in the Berber villages we passed which made the children's faces light up. I only wish I had taken much more. I was so glad we got away from the touristy centre and saw some of the countryside. Bashir comes from a Saharan tribe and was looking forward to guiding his next trip there. If we return to Marrakech we will certainly do a Sahara trip with him!

Visited October 2014