“Marrakech trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Kenitra, Morocco
“Marrakech trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

The location is nice and the food was tasty and fresh. It's the first time I choose a Riad for my stay in Marrakech and the villa Makassar was the perfect choice, the staff is welcoming and very kind, and I appreciated the whole management of the place, the manager, a french lady was so kind with my son who was around all time and managed to always answer his endless questions and requests...very luxurious, clean and calm hotel and mean time in the heart of Marrakech where you can walk to visit jamaa Fna and all interesting places of the city, we enjoyed it very much.

Room Tip: Ask the manager Eve as I remember she did choose the room for us as we had a kid and the choice was...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We’ve been to Villa Makassar for 3 nights it was a great experience. It was one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been. The staff was extremely helpful especially at the reception and the food at the restaurant was delicious, We also tried the Hammam…it was just perfect!
We want to say thank you to the staff for everything it was my first experience staying in a Riad, and it was unforgettable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Weybridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were met at the airport and driven to our hotel which is a short drive, on arrival we received tea and sat down while we were checked in. We booked a suite which was very spacious and comfortable, massive bed, large bathroom and a small terrace and a nice seating area. The owner has gone to a lot time to make the hotel a wonderful art deco experience. The roof terrace is superb but can get very hot and we were there in feb, think it would be too hot in the summer, some sun umbrellas would help, there were none when I was there.
Very close to the square which we walked too, I love the streets of Marrakech, never a dull moment. We used the restaurant a couple of times and the service and food were delightful, the spa was great, we used the hammam and the young ladies who run the spa are so charming. A lovely relaxing experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Oxted
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just got back from staying at the villa Makassar as a birthday present from my best friend. We stayed here for 3 nights.
Unforgettable experience the most stylish beautiful place I have ever stayed. The Art Deco style was done with taste style and passion. Every day we went to different parts of the Riad and found Something even more impressive. The staff were extremely helpful Eve greeted us on arrival and gave us a tour and mint tea which is always a nice gesture.
Through our stay we had a problem with the shower they could not have done more to sorted it out and it was Sorted and working fine.but for the inconveniences they offer us a free massage at their lovely spar. Fabulous.

The food was delicious and served in beautifully surfisticated surroundings .
This Riad is a must and I shall go back with my husband.
Their driver Noar was also very helpful as we booked to go to Essaouira for the day and he was knowledgeable and interested in telling you all about the history of Morocco and very funny and looked after us. Certainly an asset to the hotel.
Unfortunately we did not meet the owner Fouad but I would like to say thank you to you and your staff for it was my first experience staying in a Riad and Marrakech and it was unforgettable .will be back with hubby next time .

Room Tip: Twin rooms not too big
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
singleladyguest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Booked this for a birthday treat for a friend so very keen everything should be just right, it was!! Even before my stay my emails were answered promptly and Fouad arranged my trip to Essaouira for me . The driver he supplied was one of the best guides I have had, he was fun, informative and we both felt very comfortable with him, his name was Nour.All the staff at the riad were extremely helpful especially the 2 female receptionists. eve told us she had only been working there a while but she was so helpful and professional and both could not do enough for us. The rooms ( we were given a choice of 2 on arrival!) were stylish and well appointed and we loved them . It is also in a good position for sight seeing. To sum up it was gorgeous and we will both be returning with our husbands!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My friend and I stayed in this Riad literally two weeks ago for three nights and i can't begin to tell you how much of a delight it was. From the tranquil surrounds, art deco design, relaxing pool area and the rooms were simply stunning. Not to mention the amazing staff there - Eve, Ismael and the team who were always on hand to help with any enquiries.

Whether you choose to relax on the beautiful roof terrace, laze around the pool area, go for spa treatments or simply wonder around the riad taking in the delightful design - visit this riad and you will not be disappointment. This is 5 star accommodation and i shall definitely be returning. The people, hospitality and country is amazing!! Ramadan Kareem to them all. Inshallah x

Thank you guys for a truly enjoyable stay. See you next year. :)

Kelly and Judith

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here for a week and thanks to eve and the team had an excellent stay. The riad was an oasis of tranquility behind a door the other side of which was the busy medina. The villa is beautifully decorated maintaining the art deco style throughout.

We arrived late and had no problems with check-in or the transfer the riad had arranged for us, everything worked smoothly and we were swiftly settled in our comfortable room. If I had to make one small complaint it is that the lighting is dark in the rooms and not too practical.

there is plenty of space to relax in the riad in afternoons with the roof terrace for sun worshippers, whilst we enjoyed a swim in the pool and

Do have dinner on the rooftop whilst you stay - we did and it was a truly magical experience, excellent food with excellent service surrounded by the sounds of the city.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Makassar? Share your experiences!