“Absolutely impeccable!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“Absolutely impeccable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Villa Makassar is truly one of the best places we have ever stayed. Absolutely Impeccable!
This Riad has been beautifully restored with gorgeous Art Deco items in every room. The staff are superb being helpful and charming and nothing is too much trouble at any time of the day.
The calm of the Riad was wonderful after the dust and noise of the City.
We were made to feel like one of the family, and a very happy family at that.
Thank you all at Villa Makassar for a wonderful five days. We hope to return to you!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful so I would leave it to Souheil ......
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Souheil H, Directeur général at Villa Makassar, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Jes1London,

It has been great meeting you at Villa Makassar.

Such a great review from an accomplished traveller as you are, is just the best compliment we can expect.

Indeed, at Villa Makassar it is all about feeling home away from home and thanks to a great staff, we manage to reach that.

We are passionate by our commitment to our guests, and happiness is all around.

We wish all the best and hope to see you very soon.

Souheil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on our first trip to Marrakech and what a find.
When you arrive from the airport and climb out of the cab it's a little like entering a parallel universe. This Riad is simply stunning, decorated in original Art Deco pieces and immaculately clean it really is a pleasure to stay here.
Our host Souheil and his staff were extremely helpful and polite without being overbearing and the service given was impeccable.
We ate here on 2 nights and the food was delicious, as was the breakfast each morning.
We were actually upgraded for no additional cost to one of the suites, we thought the normal rooms were nice but the suites really are decadent.
Highly recommended.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I organised a hen do for 14 girls to Marrakech in March 2013 and we stayed in Villa Makassar. We found a great package which included accommodation, transfers and some food.

Villa Makassar was like a hidden oasis - the rooms and the Riad were beautiful. The rooms were all individually decorated and were stunning.

The location was great if you wanted to be in the old town, and the Riad organised taxis/minibuses for us to take us to the new town - mainly for the evenings.

The food was delicious; we had dinner one night at the Riad and then we had our breakfast on the roof top terrace each morning. All the food was freshly prepared.

The staff were amazing - and very attentive, and nothing was too much trouble. We also used the spa facilities which were great too.

And Juliette, who helped me organise the hen do was a super star. She gave me advice, answered hundreds of my questions, made me feel confident and comfortable about everything I organised for the hen do and ensured the bride-to-be and all the hen's had an unforgettable weekend.

I couldn't recommend Hotel Makassar more = PERFECT!

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the suites which was a beautiful room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Souheil H, Directeur général at Villa Makassar, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear LuckyTraveller,

We were indeed very lucky to host such a nice group as your friends and you.

For a romantic honeymmoon, a friend's trip, a peacefull retreat....our place can be be booked for different purpose but with always the same commitment from us: serve you the best way possible.

On behalf of the whole staff and Juliette, I wish you all the best.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Went with my wife in May of this year and this hotel is amazing! The hotel itself is beautiful and peaceful, and the rooms fantastic. Our room was big and well equiped, and located close to all the local attractions.

The staff are so helpful and friendly, and made us feel at home. They went out to change money for us with minimum fuss, and greeted us with some traditional mint tea and delicious cakes and pastries. There was complimentary wifi which was invaluable when looking online for places to visit and the breakfasts were excellent. As well as being a top class hotel, the staff were so helpful and that makes the difference between a very good hotel and an excellent one.

We also used the spa facilities, getting a back massage which was relaxing. We also used the pool area which was very nice.

If we ever go back and visit Marrakech, then we will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank your for sharing your experience at Villa Makassar.

The willing to visit us again is a the greatest compliment for us.

On the behalf of the all team, I wish you all the best and hope to welcome you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Literally just returned from a stay at Villa Makassar and was so overwhelmed by Souheil the Director and his wonderful team that although its close to midnight I wanted to right this straightaway . The villa itself exceeded all of my expectations. It is a truly unique and beautiful building furnished impeccably . But that isn't at the heart of the Villa..Souheil is. He is supported by an amazing group of people for whom nothing is too much trouble. Once they know you prefer tea to coffee at breakfast .. It magically appears . Want to eat outside. No problem. All way above anything I've experienced anywhere else in the world . However, what makes this do special is that Souheil really does care about his guests who are encouraged to think of the Villa as home. This philosophy was certainly evident by the care I have received over the last 5 days in particular. Unfortunately I was taken ill the day before I was due to come home and had to have surgery; a scary prospect when not on home territory. Souheil just took everything in hand as if I really was a family member ! He called the Doctor, ensured my partner could get to and from the hospital. Liaised with the hospital when translation was needed , visited me in hospital with beautiful flowers... His care was endless. I could just go on and on singing the praises of this kind man and his staff who all helped me and my partner at every opportunity. Souheil ... We will be back and I would encourage anyone wishing to visit Marrakech to make it a priority to experience this truly amazing rhiad.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your touching words.

Indeed, we try as much as we can to make every guest feels home away from home.

We are convinced that it is the best way to discover a new city, a new culture.

We want every guest to have the best experience ever, and if some difficulties occur, we stand by his side.

A local quote says: "Always welcome a stranger that knocks at your door, better than a member of your family"

And that is exactly what we do at Villa Makassar.

We wish you all the best, and definitly wait for you next year, with your lovely daughters.

Kindly,

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I can't really praise both the staff and setting of Villa Makassar enough. My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights and have just come back today.

We'd never experienced staying in a riad before and weren't sure what to expect. Upon arrival we pulled up into a small, busy street within the medina walls of Marrakech. The unassuming doorway led into a gorgeous, tranquil space with high ceilings and two beautiful courtyards. The decor is Art Deco and very tasteful; a nice twist on the traditional Moroccan riad architecture.

We were greeted warmly and served traditional mint tea. We were told to treat the riad as our home during our stay - breakfast would be served whenever and wherever we liked (huge bonus!).

The hotel is spacious and quiet as there are only 10 rooms, so perfect for an adult relaxation break. There is a huge roof terrace, and a nice pool area. Staff are very attentive and there are little touches that enhance the experience of staying there, such as sun hats on each of the sunbeds, and the fact that staff bring you towels when you're by the pool or on the terrace sunbathing.

The breakfast was a wide selection of Moroccan pastries / pancakes which was lovely. We had 60 minute massages in the spa which were excellent - the spa area has a jacuzzi and hammam which all guests were free to use.

Our room was the S. Delauney junior suite and we were delighted to have a jacuzzi bath, robes and slippers provided.

Upon check out we were very kindly provided with a room (which was actually an upgrade from our suite) to use free of charge until our flight which was late in the evening. I've seen from other reviews that they have offered this to many other guests, which just shows the consistency of the excellent service they provide.

The location was spot on, close enough to walk to all the main attractions within the medina walls.

Lastly we had a day trip to the Ourika Valley included in the deal we had purchased with the hotel that was a great experience, particularly the visit to a Berber house and the hike to the beautiful waterfalls.

All in all I'd say this is the best hotel experience I have ever had, which is why I was so keen to leave my review.

I will be highly recommending Villa Makassar to friends and family and hopefully returning some time soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Melissa,

Many thanks for your detailled review, our futur guests can easily assess the quality of our place through it.

Thanks to a great team, we are able in Villa Makassar to deliver consistent high quality in everything we do.

Indeed, our place is perfectly located to visit the city, and offers many options for relaxing and recovering from a stressfull life.

You are more than welcome to renew the experience and we are looking forward to it.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The hotel is situated in the old part of town (Medina area), literally 10 mins walk to Jemaa el Fna. You have to go through a few small roads to get to the hotel but after a day or two you will easily find your bearings. The hotel itself is immaculate. The owner really took care in designing this place and the little details really made it unique. The staff were great, really friendly and provided the best service we could have ever asked for. We ate at the hotel restaurant a few times and the food was great. I took advantage of the Spa facilities which were fantastic and the girls down there were so lovely. The managers are great, anything we needed they would arrange and also get us the best prices. The area which it is located in is quite busy at night but you cannot hear a single thing behind the Hotel walls. It was an incredibly calm and relaxing retreat. Only tiny negative was that our room had an odd smell but I can't complain because soon as we mentioned this to the manager, he provided scented candles everyday without fail.

Overall, it was an amazing hotel with such fantastic service and ambience, on top of that, the staff were incredible and treated us like family. We are already planning to go back and visit and would definitely book again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Taslema,

Many thanks for your review, it has been a pleasure to host you and your lovely family.

Indeed, our place is well located to visit the old city (Médina) and our staff look well after very guest.

All the best,

Souheil

Been to Villa Makassar? Share your experiences!