“best holidays in years” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Tel Aviv, Israel
“best holidays in years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Thank you to all the team of Villa Makassar! I had the best time! The service was amazing, the kindness of everybody was incredible. The place is so beautiful, so high standard , everything was perfect. I will definitely be back, this time with friends or family because when it's that good, you must share it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Thai first
Lyon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

If you plan to visit Marrakech,this is the place to stay...The service from the pick up at the airport to your check out is fantatstic.The riad Villa Makassar is located in La Medina,in the heart of Marrakech and respect the pure tradition of a Palais d'Hotes with the authentic moroccan hospitality.The place is stunning in a pure Art Deco style mixed with excellent taste to
an authentic palace mauresque:Vintage furniture,painting,bronze,carpets and lighting are somptuous.The service is discreet but perfect.The breakfast is delicious with generous portion and you can take it any time and any where in the riad.I recommend the breakfast on the roof terrace with an incredible view on the Atlas .You don't feel any pressure and it is so calm and peaceful compare the life in La Medina.The service in the spa and the hamam are very affordable for a 5 stars.The atmosphere and the beauty of the place are so great that you don't feel to go out anymore.
I had the chance to visit all the rooms and they are all different ,very confortable with a huge B&O TVwith satellite,a Dvd and a fantastic choice of movies at your disposition.I stayed in the Clement Rousseau suite and it was really amazing...
I can't wait to go back again in this hidden gem

Room Tip: all the rooms are quiet and very confortable
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had the most fantastic long weekend at Villa Makassar; from the moment we arrived to the moment we left, was wonderful.
Our room was beautiful with everything you could want. On our first evening we had dinner in the restaurant and the food was incredible, as was breakfast on the roof terrace. Whilst there we had a hammam and a massage and both left us feeling with an incredible sense of well being and calm.
All the staff are warm, friendly and go out of their way to ensure that you have the best possible stay and that your every need is met. We also met the owner, Fouad,who made us feel so welcome but it was fascinating to get a little history of the beautiful Art Deco furniture and furnishings all around the riad.
Highly recommended and we are already planning our next visit...!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was my first visit to Marrakech and I had forgotten that I had come to see the city!. The accommodation and the staff were outstanding. From the time I arrived to the day I left I felt so welcome and safe. The art deco design is fabulous and there is so much attention to detail - it seemed weird having a bang and olufsen tv in the room - but it also added to the quality. I came in the quiet season - but i think that meant i appreciated it more - it's a secret you do want to share - but not with too many people. The food was good and the portions were huge...but i still managed to eat it all. I cant express enough how much the entire team made me feel welcome - everyone was very friendly and genuine. it was a great relief from the madness outside - i mean that in a nice way. but it was very calm and serene in contrast to city life outside.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Our first stay in a moroccan Riad was a very nice experience. The staff were friendly and helpful and tried very hard to please. The waiter even brought me crepes when I asked if the breakfast (served on the roof top)was a traditional Moroccan breakfast, because he thought that I was unhappy with what we had!
They arranged a tour (a little pricey) for us with a very knowledgable guide that spoke english and looked after everything we needed. The room was clean and pleasant, although a bit small, as rooms in riads tend to be.
The Riad is centrally located, close to the Kasbah, the madina, the souks and the King's palace.

Room Tip: If you need space ask for the largest room they have. Riad rooms tend to be dark and small. Also...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

MY boyfriend and I visited for a 7 night stay in October and this being my first time buying a living social deal I did not know what to expect -- however, the hotel service and accommodations far exceeded my expectations! I enjoyed the fact that the hotel is on the smaller side and therefore the service is more personalized;Fouad, the owner greeted us upon arrival and helped with the arrangements pertaining to our Living Social deal as well as making us feel instantly right at home. He also had arranged for a driver to pick us up at the airport (and take us back) and everything went seamlessly. The entire staff was so lovely and accommodating and had wonderful recommendations. We could call each morning and request where to have breakfast, but I must say my favorite spot was on the beautiful roof, where I also enjoyed laying in the sun and relishing in the quiet as there was only ever 1 other couple at most while we were there. I would highly recommend the spa Hammam package - this was amazing and a highlight of the trip!!! The location of the hotel is also excellent - located within walking distance to the center and gardens. We also had an incredible guide that the hotel arranged for us - we had one day trip included in our package and some of the sites I wanted to see were outside the city so we decided to do a few trips. I had no idea it would be just us and the guide (Noor) and he was so knowledgeable, speaks excellent English, was so entertaining and just a lovely person. We felt so taken care of during our stay, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. As well as Marrakesh in general - I would definitely love to go back and see more and recommend others travel here as well!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I came here for 5 days in September. When we first arrived we were in awe of the place, it was one of the most beautiful hotels I'd ever seen. The room was spacious and I loved that is came with a jacuzzi! We made a good use of the pool each day, it wasn't a huge space but luckily we were the only ones that seemed to go down there so was nice to have it to ourselves the whole time! One of our only criticisms would be that where the pool was built, it was beside a wall, and so the whole pool was usually in darkness by 3/4pm, and so if you wanted more time in the sun you would have to go up to the roof. The staff were second to none and couldn't do enough for you, there was always someone around you could ask for help/information/food/directions and they were so friendly you sometimes ended up in half hour long conversations with them. The highlight of the place is by far being able to have breakfast on the roof. I couldn't think of a better way to start the day and the food was amazing, with something new everyday! The Villa Makassar and Morocco was an amazing experience and I would certainly recommend to all my friends and family to stay there if they ever went to Morocco. You wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: I think we were in the one of the basic rooms but we still had a jacuzzi in it.How can you argue wit...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Makassar? Share your experiences!