“Moroccan Flava !!! The Best :)” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cours de cuisine à Marrakech Cooking class in Marrakesh. We pick people up to their location about 9:30am and drive them to our building in the fields,20 min from city center.In half a day They learn to make a complete Moroccan dish,including bread,salads,and a main meal changing every day, trained by our two Moroccan cookers.They prepare their own meal and eat it on our terrace looking at the olive trees...
Useful Information: Stroller parking
San Jose, California
“Moroccan Flava !!! The Best :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I'm from The Bay Area in California, USA! Which means a melting pot of diversity! And I'm proud to say, "I've had training from the best in Morocco!" I'm confident that this class has taught me how to tease my Moroccan food loving friends to join me at my house for the love of food! I found the class easy to follow, mainly, because the instructor spoke good english and was very patience! My friends, that I was traveling with decided to take a camel ride to the Argan oil trees and when they returned, the same day! We talked about our adventures and I discovered Michel (the owner of Faim d'Epices) gave me information about Argan Oil that my friends had not received on their tour! He explained true Argan Oil verses watered down Argan Oil! I think I got the better deal, lol ! I plan to return to this part of world, so "Michel" I will see you again at some point in life! Keep the business alive :)

I forgot to add! I took a portion of my meal with me to share with my friends and the owner of the Riad Bamilike in Marrakech! They loved it !!!! Michel also had this display of leather belts from his neighbor, I bought 2 of them! I can't stop getting compliments on the belst! I feel like a superstar when I wear them, lol !!!

All praises and blessings to your business Michel ! I can totally see your passion to making great food!!!

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
London, UK
3 attraction reviews
“Entertaining, informative and an excellent way to spend the day... Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were lucky with a nice small class of 6 and so got amazing attention from the team. The team we had consisted of Michel (owner) who was a classic man. Very smiley and made you feet al very welcome from the moment you entered his place. The chef ( whose name completely escapes me so am sorry about that) was authentic and was very passionate about her cooking and passing on the information to us. The main goal of the course was to create dishes that were in the typical Moroccan home as opposed to the fusion you can find out in the restaurants.
All in all we were there for many hours but the time went very quickly and of cause finished off with eating the food we had "slaved" over and a delicious desert that we didn't!!
Plus......we are also now all pro at making bread and crêpes...boohyah!!

Thanks to all for the great day and wish you all the success you deserve.
Henry & Liz

Visited September 2013
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
“Brilliant Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband did this as a break from the crazyness of Marrakech. It was such a fun day! We were collected on time and the place where it was held was gorgeous! Everything is explained clearly and you don't feel rushed at all. We were with a really great group of people also which helped :) Would love to do this again!

Bolton, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Cookery school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were collected on time as arranged. Fantastic day out. Michel was a very good host. The spice identification to start the day was very instructive. We made several Moroccan dishes including bread and a lamb and prune tagine. All we needed to produce fantastic dishes was provided, we had excellent instruction to enable us to produce unbelievable food. We were supplied with mint tea and water all day. A table was laid outside and we all sat down to eat the fruits of our labours, together with a very welcome glass of wine.
It was an excellent day and we would recommend it to anyone.

Visited September 2013
Stafford, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
“Most memorable time in Marrakech.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

After a few days in Marrakech, me and my husband decided to go for the cooking class. It was on our wedding anniversary and we were so glad we were together, cooking, learning, having lots of fun in the workshop.
We both love cooking, we both love Moroccan dishes! It was very important for us to know what ingredients going into the dishes and the main cooking techniques. I usually do not eat much couscous, but after learning the proper way to make some from the beginning, it became very spiritual. Handmade couscous taste much better than 5 minutes instant ones. I was so pleased with myself in the end of the class~
Michel was great host and his team in L'atelier Faim d'Epices were all excellent! The Studio was very clean, team members always look after us after every stage of cooking. Michel talked through all different spices, let us know a lot of them. It was very educational. Now me and my husband can confidently make our own Moroccan dishes at home.
It was great time to spend outside Marrakech city, chill out in the countryside. Cooking, laughing and relaxing.
Thanks to L'atelier Faim d'Epices, gave us such memorable time in Marrakech!

Visited August 2013