“Excellent course” 5 of 5 stars

Sussex
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Good long hitters course. Well maintained, and superb greens. Caddies are worth the money. Food was good with excellent service.

Visited February 2013

Montreal, Canada
31 attraction reviews
“Never played under a sand storm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My first experience playing during a sand storm. Thanks to our friendly caddies we made it.
Really enjoyed playing the course. In mint condition. Greens are challenging.
Worth the money.

Visited December 2012
Worcester, England
30 attraction reviews
“Great rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed at the hotel in July 2012 and 53C. Not the best time to visit Marrakech.

This hotel has great public spaces, the pool area is good with a variety of different shapes and nooks and crannies. There is a very good section appropriate for smaller children.

The bedrooms are excellent, my room was of a courtyard that was Morrocan themed. The bedroom itself was split level with a lower level containing a sofa, table and chair, giving the feeling of a junior suite. Very well appointed and a feel of real luxury. I had a problem with my safe which was quickly resolved.

Whilst the main European language like the rest of Marrakech is French I had no problems making myself understood. Staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel runs a regular shuttle downtown.

If you visit Marrakech you need to visit the Souks and the main square. Best time is to get to the Souks late afternoon/early evening wander through to main square and soak up the atmosphere - the Square comes alive in the evening as the temperature cools a little. Take lots of coins to 'pay off'' the guys in local costume who I assure you you will want to pictures of. Look for Bar Glacier which has a terrace overlooking the Square. The atmosphere is electric as your look down. Note the Bar is 'dry'.

Visiting in July is a bit stupid, they say you should only go to Marrakech after Valintines on 14Feb..... Even in Summer you can see snow on the mountains of the Atlas Mountains.....Spring and Fall are great.

Back to the hotel, it is about 20mins from the Medina (old town)

Leicester, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“good golf with great greens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Really enjoyed the golf -expensive (£100 with Green Fees, Club \hire and Caddy Fees) but then resort golf always is.. Condition gnerally good and some of the trickiest and fastest greens I ahve ever played on - exposing my inabilities for the first nine holes (19 -27) I played. once I had got used to the greens and with the help of my firendly Caddy I managed to play my second nine to handicap (almost!). Hire clubs performed better than they looked. Had to get back to family so cannot comment on bar/restaurant faciltiies but the golf reception felt alittle unfriendly and inefficient but this improved as soon as you hit the course itself. I would certainly play here again.

Visited February 2012
VA
21 attraction reviews
“Stunning golf course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We stopped here out our way driving north from Marrakesh to check out the golf course and to eat lunch at the club house. It is a beautiful place. We look forward to returning to stay here and golf!

Visited November 2011