“Exquisite” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #123 of 529 restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan
“Exquisite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Thanks to good, although limited, reviews from tripadvisor, my bf and I decided to visit after exhausting the main square for the evening.

We struggled to find the restaurant using the map location from tripadvisor (explained later*) but on arrival we were taken aback by the fine decor of the building. We were led through to the pool area, where the tables are elegantly scattered around, and took our seats. The menu, rolled as a scroll, was then handed to us. I decided on the sole with a Provençal source while my bf opted for lamb. Both cooked to perfection and really delightful.

The desserts were also really good. Creme brûlée my bf had ("the best I've ever had") and macaroon for myself, really good, crisp and flavoursome.

82% Recommend
“Excellent service, beautiful place and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in August as part of our honeymoon (upgraded to a suite), and loved it. Always a relief to come back after a hot, hard session in the souks! The staff were very attentive and friendly, the food magnificent and very peaceful surroundings.

Hope to be back sometime!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bermuda
“FABULOUS FOOD!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Went here for dinner. Best meal I had in Morocco in 2012.
Their version of the chicken pastille is out of this world. I wouldn't want to stay here since it's too quiet for my taste, but I'll definitely head back for another go at the best pastilla in Morocco.

Visited March 2012
London
“Great French Food in a Tranquil Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

You eat by the pool - there was one other couple when we visited, so it felt like we had it to ourselves.

Friendly service.

The costs are reasonable for the quality. Fois gras, tagines (the best I ate on our trip) and dessert was all delicious.

Indecently large dessert wines by the glass.

Just a great experience - a great little place to heat in the medina. Recommend unreservedly.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northumberland, UK
“Perfect gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

While being so close to the busy streets near the Koutoubia Mosque & the Djemma el Fnaa, once inside it's another world - perfect peace & quiet. When sleeping we weren't aware at all of the noise from the busy streets just the other side of the wall. Its 3 courtyards are picture-perfect - & make a lovely lunch setting. While its blazing log fires & comfy salons were great for chilly evenings. The aperitif nibbles & dinner were all very delicious indeed. And the staff are extremely helpful. Next time I might try for a suite with a private terrace as our room didn't have one - but the rooftop space & pool is open to everyone with great views of the Koutoubia & the distant Atlas Mountains. A very good stay.

Visited April 2012