“I loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Golf Courses, Sports
Doncaster
“I loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was the final of 5 rounds played during a weeks holiday in March.

As a high-handicapper, I did struggle on some of the newer courses in Marrakech (Samanah and Al Maaden especially which play long hand have very tight lies) so it was nice to finish on something a little easier. This is not to say the Royal is a walk in the park, but it does play shorter which meant I could hit greens in regulation once again!

It's very pretty and quite lush so was like playing in the UK but with better weather! The 'Brigitte Bardot' hole raised a smile! Curiously, the official rate for the caddies was cheaper here than in the other courses but they offered a higher level of service (eg cleaning clubs during the round was something that our previous caddies didn't really do).

If we return to Marrakech next year, I think I'd play Palmeraie first as a good warm up, followed by Samanah and Al Maaden as a challenge (skipping Amelkis this time - some really pretty holes but also a lot of non-landscaped earth which is not pleasant to play from) and I'd save the Royal until last so I can finish on a better score!

Visited March 2013

Swindon
7 attraction reviews
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

A beautiful setting and club house, pity that the golf course is the same all the way round with the exception of two holes. Still very pretty course but would not bother plying it again.

Visited April 2013
Lugano, Switzerland
“One of my favorite places in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love the golf for it`s beauty of nature, the old trees with the millions of birds singing, seeing the Atlas mountain while you play golf. After we love the simple, easy going restaurant with its wonderful buffet and the grill. Nice service!

Visited April 2013
Nantes, France
7 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The grounds are immaculate, I hear it's Pierre-Yves, the mastermind and greenkeeper of Assoufid who has managed to revamp this old sleeping beauty. I have never played on a nicer more beautiful garden! The course itself is not the most technical/difficult but on a hot day you play mostly in the shade of those centenary trees, just bliss...
The club house and the entrance could do with a serious refurf, not so royal any more I would say.

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Nice course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Tight course,not too long,easy to walk,,but in good condition,would recommend caddie,£10.£60 to play,£35 for average clubs,though I would of brought back driver as I was proper getting hold of it(rest of game poor).worth a visit,

Visited March 2013