“Walk straight past this and go to straight to mai thai” 1 of 5 stars

Av Echouhada | Hivernage, Marrakech, Morocco
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #528 of 735 Attractions in Marrakech
“Walk straight past this and go to straight to mai thai”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015 NEW

We came to this restaurant on recommendation from a friend who had visited earlier in the month. We went in and were asked whether we had a reservation which we didn't have and were advised that the wait would be half an hour.

On reading the reviews on trip advisor it was apparent that this seemed to be a ploy to get customers to spend money at the bar so with this in mind we went upstairs and ordered one round of drinks.

We took our seats in the bar area and after 45 mins we asked one of the waiters how long it would be, he disappeared and didn't bother coming back to us. After an hour we went downstairs and we were told that the next table would be ours but from the waiting list we were number 7-8.

After another 5 mins we approached the same waiter for the bill and he went away and again didn't come back. We asked the bar staff for the second time and they just looked at us with blank faces and then called over the hostess who tried to persuade us to stay however the service was just appalling so we left.

And just to also point out there was a waiter with a suit on who just seemed to be swanning around, he seemed to be senior . He looked at us a few times but didn't ask us once if we were ok or needed anything.

All in all avoid this place like the plague. While the atmosphere seemed nice the service levels left much to be desired.

london
6 attraction reviews
“Great Restaurant - ruined by scamming bar staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2015

We had a night out at Comptoir, we didn't eat so I cannot comment on the food however we did arrive at 2200 and went upstairs to the club.
The club is an excellent night out, when we arrived it was packed and the music and atmosphere were great, we sat in a group of 9 at a large booth table and once the wine started flowing the dancing started and we had an amazing night.
However, when I went to the bar to order two last glasses of wine, I gave the barman my money and waited for the change. He then disappeared with the money and made no effort to give me any change:

'Can I have my change please?'
'No change!'
'Yes there is give me my change please.'

At this point the barman then produces a receipt for someone else's more expensive drinks which had been ordered 30 minutes previously.

'Give me my change now, this is not what I ordered!'

At this point another barman realised I was getting angry and gave me my change, which means they are all in on the scam and rely on you either not noticing or not wanting to look cheap by asking for your change. I don't mind giving a tip but give me my change first then I will give the tip. This experience soured the evening as well as the fact that a friend had her purse stolen out of her bag.

“Nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

A nice place, the food was good the service excellent and quick. We liked the music and the belly dancing. Perhaps a bit over priced.

San Diego, California
7 attraction reviews
“Fun Outing with Entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2014

Came here to check out the belly dancing and eat dinner and was pleasantly surprised. We had an upstairs table in the middle of the action and it was great fun. Everyone was super nice, our waiters were cute and very attentive. Around us were young Moroccan couples on date night and also groups of foreigners, mature men trying to meet young girls and the alcohol was flowing. The belly dancing was a nice addition and seemed professional. Felt we were out with the locals and had a great time. Definitely worth going to especially if you are staying in the Medina and want to see how the other side lives.

Visited November 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Best night out in ages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I came here to enjoy the dinner and belly dancing show and ended up staying until 3am dancing upstairs. We often go into London yet this truly was the most fun night out we have had together as a couple. Food far more reasonable than the beautiful restaurants we went to in the medina and a whole different side to marrakech. A must see!

Visited November 2014