“Decadent but Slow service” 2 of 5 stars

Type: Bar/ Clubs
Attraction Details
london
14 attraction reviews
“Decadent but Slow service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We initially had a reservation but ended up being very late so we decided to have a drink and some Shisha. We were seated in the garden at the back which wasn't as glamorous - it took a very long time for someone to take our orders and even longer to receive our drinks and Shisha - was somewhat disappointed in the end.

“Just drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This bar is perfect for grabbing drinks before clubbing. I went there with my friends, we never ordered food, it was just drinks.

Visited : Nov 2011 but I checked May 2013 in the review because there is not an older date.

Visited May 2013
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Below our expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were recommended this as a good place to eat with music. On arrival we were shown to a poor table with little space between tables. The food was average, my wife eating the meatball tagine. The quality was poor and the service was slow. The following morning my wife was ill, assumed due to the previous evening.
The experience generally was average although not cheap.
I would rate this restaurant as below average.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Didn't live up to expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was really looking forward to eating here and I was very disappointed even more so because i told my friends it would be great.

On arrival we were told we would have to wait 25/30mins for a table, this was fine as we hadn't booked, we headed to the bar upstairs took a seat and waited for about 10 minutes for someone to acknowledge we were there, this didn't happen so we went to the bar to order, 10 mins later we got our cocktails which were very nice.

it didn't take long for us to finish our drinks and again no one came to us to ask if we wanted another drink. minutes later we were escorted to our table.

the menu was not very extensive but they did offer some lovely starters but I found the main courses to be a little limited, I opted for Beef Tajine which was nice but I had better in the Medina's little restaurants/cafes and for more than half the price.

the entertainment is why people really come here there are numerous belly dancers that parade around the restaurant on an hourly basis - expect the dancers to make their way around all the men in the restaurant hoping they will stuff money down their bras and skirts.

From around 10pm onwards there is a Moroccan band that plays and you are encouraged to get up and dance along with them.

It was a very entertaining evening its just a shame that the service let it down.

cumbria
13 attraction reviews
“prententious pricey but the belly dancing was entertaining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We visited this place for a drink.
It was full of young "elite" locals, welll groomed and happy to throw their money about.
There were also a number of international businessmen, who work in Marrakech. They were happy to throw their money into the belly dancers costumes..
The third groups attracted to this place were curious tourists.
Alcohol is very very expensive....
Service when it was busy was poor, even for the young attractive girls who were trying to catch the attention of the bar staff.
I would normally say avoid this place unless you are pretentious, and have money to burn, however at around 10.30pm the belly dancers etc. arrive....for this 20 minute period, the place comes to life....in all honesty, it is quite entertaining, and not at all seedy which is surprising....Even the children in the bar found it ok....
Worth a visit, just for the dancers, then find somewhere else to drink.

Visited March 2014