“Wonderful week at Riad Birdy, beautiful, peaceful and stylish.” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Birdy
14 Derb El Baggar Bouskri, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #252 of 1,135 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful week at Riad Birdy, beautiful, peaceful and stylish.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a week in March 2013. I spent a long time looking at riads on the internet, looking for the perfect place to stay. Birdy defiantly lived up to my expectations and was as good as the photos on the website. Birdy has been designed with great care and attention, a work of art. It is especially beautiful at night time with lots of lighting. Amina, who was working there was very kind and friendly and my husband and her chatted in Arabic. We were told to make ourselves at home by Vincent and Latifa which made us both felt very relaxed. The roof terrace has views of the mountains, the medina wall and pretty birds flying around. The weather was mixed but at the end it was hot and we went in the pool and lay on the roof terrace, very nice! The Riad was also in a quiet area which made it even more relaxing and peaceful. What can I say we loved it, perfect place! Marakesh as a city is also very exciting and we can't wait to come back and visit again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

A great pleasure in this Riad, for those with clubs, and those looking for the relaxation and welcome of beautiful club house. We took the double room Sonia with charming linens and decoration. Breakfast is very convenient and tasty, served all morning.
The whole establishment has lovely furnitures, and although every riad has its pool, this one is a perfect evocation of a refreshing water feature.
The Royal golf course is just 5 minutes away, so once you have had your comfortable night and delicious breakfast you can get straight out onto the greens.
All round, I cannot recommand this exquisite hotel too hightly! Whenever I am in Marrakech again, I will be going straight back here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hersham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have just come back from spending 6 nights staying in Riad Birdy on a trip to celebrate my 50th Birthday, with my son and partner and another family. The Riad is just beautiful, and a much welcomed calm retreat after a crazy day in the city. Neema and Meena (sorry if I have spelt your names wrong ;) were amazing cooking some of the best dishes we had in Marrakech. The Riad is beautifully furnished, stylish and very comfortable and the bedrooms are stunning.
We were made to feel very special, and looked after very well.
Definitely to be recommended and I am sure we will go back some time.

Room Tip: We had the room without the door to the bathroom! Just make sure you know your sleeping companion w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My friend and I were exhausted after a week of mad Morocco and we were looking for our haven that night. Vincent was so welcoming and we were upgraded at no extra cost to the Yasmina suite which is out of this world. My friend and I were back packing and when we walked into the riad it was lit beautifully and we walked into the court yard and said 'oh my god this is amazing.' our suite was epic and we felt a bit scruffy for this beautiful place but Vincent made us feel very special bringing us mint tea on the roof top, incredible food, wonderful service. Vincent helped us in knowing where to go, escorted us to the taxi to get to the airport and secured a price for us with the driver so we didn't get ripped off. The riad is just incredible. We were walking along the quiet streets away from the chaos and there were gorgeous children playing and suddenly we were shown into the riad and we could not believe this treasure was behind such bare walls. Highly recommend this place. Luxury but reasonably priced. It was such treat! Would definitely go back. Very romantic for 2 best mates :) thank you Vincent!

• Stayed May 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Spent a great 3 nights in Riad Birdy. It is is in the medina, though about a 5 minute taxi to Jamal El Fna. The owners, Vincent and Latifah, are gracious hosts, and made our group of 5 feel at home.

The Ryad is furnished beautifully, from the dining room, to the comfy living room on the second floor, where most of our group gravitated to, and our rooms. My wife and I stayed in room Sonia, which has room for a 2nd single bed in its small loft. The bed and pillows were comfy, and the room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. Others in our group stayed in room Yasmina, and a double room on the 3rd floor whose name I can't quite recall. No complaints in either at all. Do note though that there is no door to the bathroom, so roomates be aware of this. The Riad has wifi, though it reaches only to the open areas around the 2nd and 3rd floors. We were out of luck in the rooms. There's a rooftop terrace with lounge chairs that were great for taking in the sun during our early March stay, and which gave a great view of the snow-capped Atlas mountains. At this time of year it can still be a bit chilly at night and early morning - there are ample heaters in all the common areas. Each room does have its own AC unit for heat or cool air.

Breakfast was served on a porch on the 3rd floor, while dinner in the dining room on the ground floor. Good quality, fresh food every time.

Definitely a recommended place to stay!

• Stayed March 2012
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We spent alltogehter five nights in Riad Birdy and enjoyed the friendly service as well as the spotlessly clean rooms and the great food.
It is in within walking distance from the Jema el Fnaa place but already outside the big hustle. The host and his wife are very friendly and helpful, giving great advice concerning Marrakech as well as Morocoo.
The room are quite new and tastefully renovated. There are different seating-accomodations around the whole house, including a vey nice roof terrace.
Don't miss the food - the staff cooks great and authentic Moroccan food for you.

We really enjoyed our stay at Riad Birdy and would return anytime!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Riad Birdy was a wonderful base for a few days in Marrakech. Lovely polished stone rooms, very tranquil, very comfy internal terrace and roof terrace - just the place to retreat to after a day amid the hustle bustle of Marrakech. The Riad is in a great location (near Bab Ghmat gate), a few residential streets away (15-20min) from Djemaa el Fna, so you can entirely avoid the shabbier tourist hotel area to the South/SW of the square. Until you need a cashpoint! Vincent and Latifa were very welcoming and the lovely Naima really looked after me, including cooking an exquisite dinner on my first night and preparing delicious breakfasts on the roof terrace. I look forward to returning - inshallah!

Room Tip: As it was quiet, Vincent and Latifa upgraded me from a smaller room to the Yasmina Suite which has i...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo