“Lovely calm place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Riad RabahSadia
Bab Doukkala Derb Dekkak No 54, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #238 of 1,080 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely calm place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We spent six lovely nights here and really enjoyed ourselves. The Riad is very small and has a real family run feel about it. We slept very well in the very comfy bed (though beware the 5am call from the Mezzuin which by the sixth night we were nearly sleeping through!). It was a lovely place to stay, and Hamza and Amine are brilliant hosts. Some rooms a bit over-priced: the "junior suite" was a medium sized ensuite room, and the breakfast was rather limited, though they did provide fruit one morning when I asked for it. The wifi was pretty reliable, though we sometimes had to come out of the room for good reception. They will also arrange day trips, restaurants etc for you, though they definitely have their favourite providers.

If you stay here definitely try the Comptoir du Pacha restaurant which is very close and really great.

We would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were very nervous about this place as we booked it in a hurry online but I am so glad to say that it was the best hasty decision we have ever made. The place is absolutely lovely with authentic Moroccan hospitality in every aspect. The two hosts, Hamza and Ammar are brilliant who will cater to all your needs. The place itself is tucked away in the city centre through the seductive and mysterious alleys that will take you away in the passage of history. As for the facilities, do not expect Hilton facilities as this is not what the Riad has to offer- rather it offers you the chance to relax and unwind in a down to earth, clean, simple and most importantly charming environment. My wife and I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Give the hotel a call before you arrive so that a pick up can be arranged as the Riad can be difficu...
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

My boyfriend and I recently spent 8 nights in this beautiful, authentic and unique riad. I couldn't be happier with our experience here and would highly recommend anyone to stay here.

Rooms: all unique in Moroccan design, good sizes, comfortable & spotlessly clean. There is a lot of attention to detail too which makes the rooms more than just a place to lay your head, but a relaxing space to come back to after a chaotic day in Marrakech. The water is always hot & they have beautiful smelling products in the bathroom too!

Staff: are marvellous! Both brothers and the girls working with them honestly cannot do more to make you feel welcome, special and cared for. No request is too much trouble and they did all they could to make sure we made the most of our time in morocco; lending advice whenever they could.

Facilities: I guess I care more about wifi than I like to let on. - it's free here and the signal was strong enough to reach our room on the second floor.
The plunge pool isn't really for swimming but it was nice to dip your feet in when arriving back from the souk!

Warnings: it's about a 10/15 min walk from the main square and souk. This in itself isn't an issue, however we both struggled with the pollution walking along the main road which sounds a bit pathetic but it really gets to you after a while. However we did find a great little back route into the madina which perhaps took a little longer but was far more pleasurable - when you get to the mosque where you get dropped on arrival, don't wind round to the right and up that Main Street, instead head straight - it looks like a little back ally... Follow this straight all the way until you get to a police station and go straight again.
Also I agree with other reviewers - the breakfast isn't brilliant. However the coffee is lovely & the juice is freshly squeezed each day. There is a great patisserie on the route I mentioned if you need a break from the bread! You can't miss it.
Lastly, get the transfer from the airport - more than worth it as it would be impossible to find on your own. I found it helpful to take photos of the route I travelled at first, just to help me get my bearings!
Perhaps bring earplugs if you're sensitive to noise. The birds and the mosque start early - but I think this would apply to ANYWHERE in Marrakech!

I really don't think you could be disappointed staying here. It's true value for money and you feel noticed by the staff which is nice. It's so well maintained that you get far more for your money here than you do in many of the more expensive places we visited in the city. I really hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did!!

(Lastly, if booking a tour to the desert etc, use a bigger more reputable company - research it from home at least. It isn't worth losing two of your holiday days on a minibus like we did!!)

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Location and directions
Location: 31.632196,-7.997901

Firstly no map properly shows where the Riad is. If you drop the location above into google maps you will get the exact location.
If you can find your way to Bab Doukkala Mosque then Derb Dekka is about 20 yards up Bab Doukkala on the left hand side. Once on Derb Dekka take first right, then another right, then left and left. The Riad is #54 and the numbers correspond to all the houses once you turn onto Derb Dekka so you can find it just by following the numbers.

I loved the Riad. You can see how lovely it is from the pictures. They are a true reflection.The staff were really genuinely nice. Hamza brought us to a restaurant and then also collected us on our first night. He makes great mint tea. We were in a ground floor room and didn't find it excessively noisy. Wifi worked fine in this room although it was a little stronger outside the room. It was lovely and cool even when the weather was scorching. Breakfast was very nice, French toast was my favourite part. The mint tea was the best we had our whole stay. I had a very positive experience and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Ground floor room was fine for us. Wifi was adequate for browsing in the room. It was a little dark...
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

A nicely decorated and relaxing Riad in a local neighborhood within the Medina. Located close to both Jemaa el fna and to the new part of the city. It's a bit difficult to find at first but that is the case with most places in the Medina. Nicely decorated rooms and lounge area. Very good breakfast.

Despite what some other comments mentioned the staff was truly great, always eager to help and provide useful tips and information about the city, the souqs, the taxis! Anything you need just ask them, they will be glad to help.

Room Tip: Reading the reviews we asked for a room at the top floor which was rather small. Actually the best r...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kettering, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My partner and I have just returned from the riad and we had a lovely stay.
Our room was big and really nicely decorated. It had a comfortable bed and a lovely, large bathroom.
The riad was extremely clean and tidy and the staff were very helpful and friendly. They even walked us back to the Main Street on our first day through the maze of alleys.
It is situated in the old part of the city down the winding alleyways so you get the feel of being in the 'real' Marrakech rather than the tourist area. It was extremely quiet and relaxing which is needed after a day in the tourist areas. It is about a ten minute walk to the main square.
The riad has a lovely courtyard garden with a nice rooftop terrace if you fancy sunbathing.
I would strongly recommend organising a transfer from the airport with the riad as it is very hard to find. Even though it is down alleyways we never felt nervous or intimidated walking back at night.
Breakfast was included and it was nice. It consisted if different breads and jams, fresh orange and coffee. However after the first 2 days of eating it, we'd had enough as it was quite bloating. Some variation and choice would have been nice.
I would recommend staying here and we would return if we planned another trip to Marrakech.
A tip of mine would be to bring some earplugs as we got woken up very early by the birds singing in the courtyard garden.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This riad was perfect for our last night, but I do wish we had another night or two here as it was beautiful.
The host was so helpful and although we booked a twin room, she upgraded us to a room with a massive bed, it was so comfy so me & my friend didn't mind sharing :)
Sadly we didn't get to experience breakfast as we had to leave at 6 however, the guy there walked us to a taxi which took us to the train station (it is actually walking distance but it saved us worrying at that time in the morning).
The place is super clean, which we were so grateful as we had spent all week on our feet & just wanted a lovely hot shower.
It was more expensive to stay here than the other riads but it was definitely worth it.
The riad is sign posted, but I would say don't follow what google says about location!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Riad RabahSadia? Share your experiences!