“Great spot in a traditional enviroment” 4 of 5 stars

Riad RabahSadia
Bab Doukkala Derb Dekkak No 54, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #238 of 1,080 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Great spot in a traditional enviroment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Now you can stay in hotels, or you can visit Marrakesh in a traditional styled "mini" hotel, known as a Riad in Morocco. These are normally compared to bed and breakfasts, but they are NOT. There is plenty of privacy here, and friendly staff that speak both French and English that are helpful and aware of your needs for simple things like water, beer and wine, T.V. and music.

Our hosts helped you find our way around the old and new town, and arranged just about anytime you needed. We would certainly recommend this place to our friends.

Just keep their number and when you arrive in Marrakesh give their number to the cab driver and they will work our your trip to the Riad. 10 minutes from the train station.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room and clockwise, the second one on the left. The roof deck are is great as wel...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are at the Riad right now, and it is truly beautiful. It's peaceful and relaxing. We love it so much that we are staying here and extra two nights.

Room:
Super clean and decorated in moroccon style.

Staff:
Really polite and helpful.

Food:
The breakfast is good, however, I would have wanted some fruits.

Other:
Really nice roof terrace and an amazing chill out area downstairs.

I would recommend this Riad!!

• Stayed June 2013
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Situated in the Medina about a ten minute stroll from the Jmaa el Fna, night markets, and centre of all the action in the old town. My friend and I were met at our taxi drop off point by smiling, friendly staff and shown thru the maze of cobbled, narrow streets to this charming and peaceful Riad where we stayed for five nights.

The Riad itself was clean and simply though beautifully appointed. Our bed was very comfortable (which is rather important after a hard day of haggling for wares at the souk, fending off endless numbers of enthusiastic market traders and avoiding swiftly moving donkey carts!). Bathroom was clean, functional and beautiful.

The staff were very friendly and eager to help with all our requests. We are both English speakers with limited French and no Arabic but had no problems communicating our needs. The staff organised us taxis on a few occasions to local sights at very reasonable prices. I can't fault them.

Breakfast was simple breads, preserves and tea/coffee/juice but all prepared freshly and a pleasure to get up for in the mornings.

Functioning wifi in the downstairs lounge area was great.

My friend and I were both very happy with our stay here. It was cheaper than some of the bigger riad's right in the main square and we feel like we had a small, peaceful haven to return to in the evenings.

We would both stay here again very happily. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

i spend a wonderful week with my wife in riad rabahsadia, the customer advisor helped us about the booking. at our arrival, the driver took us directly there, through allies, we reached a peace of heanven on earth, far frow the cropwd and the noise, we enjoyed the calm and the beauty of the riad, the rooms were clean and pleasing, the service and the food are great.
we recommande it highly !!

liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay. The staff were very friendly and always nice to us. Extremely good value and a very authentic feel of Marrakech. Beautiful sun terrace. Central location and we had a very nice trip.

Mulhouse, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

On arrival at the ariport my pick up service was not there. the phone number of the Riad did also not work... When I finaly managed to arrive at the Riad I was told the number would "of course" nt work, only from France, and the pick up service would arrive somewhen later.
At my room, unfortuntaely I did have a very weak Internet connection in my room, most of the time it didnt even work at all. I kept asking the employee in charge, Amin, to help me, but his reaction was very strange. I even offered to move into a different room, but he reacted in a harsh rejective way. This issue was extremely important to me since I need to check on the Internet for my job, and I kept waiting for his solution.
The Riad employee Amin seemed to have a different view on my needs, though. He told me it would be my lack of speaking "proper french" that I am not happy with the internet connection. I always stay friendly and even do my best in trying to speak french to people who do not understand any English, and most people do understand my french, I even live in France, close to the swiss border.
It was very sad to me and I do not understand why a Hotel employee does not return a normal, friendly behaviour. His attitude was unprofessional and absolutely inapproriate, giving a single female traveller a hard time.
Amin turned my request into some personal offending wich is beyond my understanding. I never expected this kind of behaviour, as I was told that Moroccans are very nice, polite and helpful people. I decided to leave the Riad. On checking out Amin then refused to take my credit card and made me find an ATM and walk all the way with all the money in my pocket back to the Riad to pay. This made me feel very insecure. I am glad I found a much friendlier place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

we spent 7 nights there in March 2013. First of all the place is run by a few guys who know how to make your stay unforgettable, always there to help you / big thanks to Hamza and the crew:-). The breakfasts in French style, lunch and dinners available [home made cooking-delicious] (we loved the fish). 5 min walk to Medina via Rue Dar El Bacha (recommended). The best part of the riad is the roof terrace, we loved to spend evenings there sipping wine & enjoying the view. When the sky is clear you can see Atlan Mountains. The rooms have everything you need, air conditioning & en-suite. the place is very clean & spot on. It's your choice where you stay in Marrakech but i can recommend this place to anybody with no hesitation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad RabahSadia? Share your experiences!