“very unfriendly staff - decided to leave the place” 2 of 5 stars

Riad RabahSadia
Bab Doukkala Derb Dekkak No 54, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #231 of 1,079 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Mulhouse, France
“very unfriendly staff - decided to leave the place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

On arrival at the ariport my pick up service was not there. the phone number of the Riad did also not work... When I finaly managed to arrive at the Riad I was told the number would "of course" nt work, only from France, and the pick up service would arrive somewhen later.
At my room, unfortuntaely I did have a very weak Internet connection in my room, most of the time it didnt even work at all. I kept asking the employee in charge, Amin, to help me, but his reaction was very strange. I even offered to move into a different room, but he reacted in a harsh rejective way. This issue was extremely important to me since I need to check on the Internet for my job, and I kept waiting for his solution.
The Riad employee Amin seemed to have a different view on my needs, though. He told me it would be my lack of speaking "proper french" that I am not happy with the internet connection. I always stay friendly and even do my best in trying to speak french to people who do not understand any English, and most people do understand my french, I even live in France, close to the swiss border.
It was very sad to me and I do not understand why a Hotel employee does not return a normal, friendly behaviour. His attitude was unprofessional and absolutely inapproriate, giving a single female traveller a hard time.
Amin turned my request into some personal offending wich is beyond my understanding. I never expected this kind of behaviour, as I was told that Moroccans are very nice, polite and helpful people. I decided to leave the Riad. On checking out Amin then refused to take my credit card and made me find an ATM and walk all the way with all the money in my pocket back to the Riad to pay. This made me feel very insecure. I am glad I found a much friendlier place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

we spent 7 nights there in March 2013. First of all the place is run by a few guys who know how to make your stay unforgettable, always there to help you / big thanks to Hamza and the crew:-). The breakfasts in French style, lunch and dinners available [home made cooking-delicious] (we loved the fish). 5 min walk to Medina via Rue Dar El Bacha (recommended). The best part of the riad is the roof terrace, we loved to spend evenings there sipping wine & enjoying the view. When the sky is clear you can see Atlan Mountains. The rooms have everything you need, air conditioning & en-suite. the place is very clean & spot on. It's your choice where you stay in Marrakech but i can recommend this place to anybody with no hesitation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Heerhugowaard, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Me and a friend stayed in this Riad during our 8-day stay in Marrakesh. The very first thing we noticed was that the staff was very nice and was very service oriented. When we arrived by taxi the hotel was still a couple minutes walking through the small streets of Marrakesh, but a young man named Hamza was there to pick us up, to carry our luggage and show us the way. Once we arrived at the hotel he served us a very nice tea and then showed us around the hotel. I think I've never had a better welcome in a hotel than here. The hotel is very nice, it is a beautiful traditional Moroccan building with wonderful rooms and enough spots to relax. Also the location is perfect, it is exactly where you want it to be, from this hotel, everything you will need is in walking distance! Hamza has been an excellent host during our stay, if we needed to get somewhere he would show us the way, he was always ready to help when we had any questions, and he even took us to the markets a whole afternoon to make sure we'd get fair prices for our souvenirs. Hamza was a very nice and lighthearted guy who made our stay in the hotel much more fun than we expected it to be.

This hotel has proved to be perfect during our stay and I think I will rarely find a better hotel experience than in the Riad RabahSadia!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Orpington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had organised a taxi pick up from the airport to the Riad and had prepaid for this. We waited for an hour before calling the Riad [so glad that I had taken the contact numbers with me] and were informed that the taxi had an accident, another driver would pick us up. Tired, but very pleasantly surprised by the Riad. We were shown to our room which was supposed to have a bath and be an upgraded room, but only had a shower, when I complained I was immediately shown to another room. Excellent accomadation and staff. The breakfast we had on the roof terrace, not too cold although we went in late April early May. The staff were so good also intorduced us to a local travel agent who organised trips to the Atlas Mountains for us. Jemma al Fana was just so good eating out was an experience and a pleasure. One evening we sat at the Cafe du France and watched the sunset and the hustle and bustle in the Jamm al Fana below, over a couple of coffees. Wonderful. The Riad breakfats was simple and good - although we did not go for their tagine dinner, I am sure it must be good. Nice pool to cool down in after walking about in Marrakech.

Room Tip: The deluxe room is very good
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Like the majority of Riads, it's down some alley ways, however it is well signposted and it is very safe, not once did we feel uncomfortable walking to or from the riad, whatever the time was.
Amine the manager was very helpful, he even walked us to the Jema El Fna square(15 min walk) on the first night to make sure we knew our bearings... His younger brother Hamza also works at the riad, he was also just as helpful, taking time out of his day to take us to the new city...
The Riad was very clean, the breakfast was always fresh and there was always a smile on the face of all the staff!
Our room was beautiful, it had wonderful Morrocan decor, it was very spacious and the bathroom was beautiful, with a big bath :) It was the Onyx room.
The personal attention and service you receive at this riad is second to none, absolutely fantastic...
I will definitely return to Marrakech & I will definitely be staying at this Riad again!!

Stayed November 2012
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This riad is located in the northern sector of the old city. It has seven bedrooms which are set around a lovely cool courtyard. There is a sun longing area and a shaded sitting area on the roof, as well as a covered area for breakfasting. Meals are provided by an in-house cook and the staff are very friendly and helpful. One has to walk down quite a few narrow back-street lanes to find the riad, but the locals were always friendly. It is a bit of a trek to get to the centre of the old city, but the main roads, bus station and taxis are only five minute walk to the edge of the old city.
Small problem: The hot water in the showers are dangerously hot and needs care. There is a water pump that comes on whenever a guest in a bedroom turns on the hot water which can be irritating if you are trying to get an early night.

Room Tip: You can view the rooms on their website.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitstable, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

There's no two ways about it, Marrakesh is a stressful place when you first arrive - especially if you are in a hire car!! However, Riad Rabahsadia was a fantastic place to take refuge while trying to adjust to the culture shock. We had a bit of a problem finding it initially but I can't imagine any Riad in here is easy to find...Beware teenagers who tell you they work at the Riad (of course they don't!), and then demand money for their trouble once your through the front door (as we experienced). The charismatic and charming owner greeted us as though we were old friends and made sure all our needs were met. He apologised constantly for his english, though compared to our french, it was excellent. The rooms are gorgeous and just like the pics on the internet. The owner explained that the whole building had been recently constructed and designed by two artists who used to own it. The rooftop terrace is well set out with an enclosed dining area and then open space for sunbathing (straw sun hats are provided). We had a great stay here and spent two blissful days in the heart of the vibrant city of Marrakesh. My only complaint is that the air conditioning unit in our room was in desperate need of attention, bit noisy and I'm not at all sure it made any difference to the temperature.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad RabahSadia? Share your experiences!