“Worth searching for” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Dubai

Save Saved
You added Riad Dubai to your Saves list
Riad Dubai
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   41, derb amezmiz - kasbah-bab ksiba, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #371 of 1,066 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Dixon
“Worth searching for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Several twists and turns down dark derbs to find the place, but what a gem when you get there.
Comfortable elegance, large rooms are spotless. terrace is an oasis, bathroom fit for a queen.
Staff was most helpful--dealing with a previous hotel that would not assist me in retrieving items I'd inadvertently left behind, arranging for a taxi and even carrying my luggage to the nearest gate. Another plus was the Kasbah location-plenty of shopping without the chaos of Djemaa el Fna, yet within walking distance of the famous square. Better deals with less haggling, great street food and friendlier people.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just came back from Marrakech yesterday and already missing my little oasis Riad Dubai.
It was a perfect place for wondering around in town. Everywhere is walk distance....Bahia palace, Badi palace and amazing Fla square!
The staff are absolutely fantastic! They gave us a good advice for a trip and their activity offers are relatively cheap. We went to see the waterfall and that was great fun!
The breakfast on the top roof terrace in the morning was great!
The room was perfect size for girls trip. Very tidy and beautiful Moroccan interior. You can always ask a bottle of water, tea and coffee! Comfortable. And there is the hotel nearby where you can use their facility free such as pool.....
I definitely recommend this place for the trip to marrackesh!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Whilst the Riad may be smaller and slightly further away from the Souks then the other ones available, it was a pleasure to stay in.
From the beginning the staff were friendly and they provided us with valuable information with regards to local attractions, what to do and what not to do whilst in Marrakech.
When we needed to get a taxi to venture into the new city or just get around, the staff used to get us a taxi and also organise "local rates" for the fare (taxis are notorious for over charging when picking and dropping off tourists).
The rooms are clean and the roof top terrace is a nice place to relax in after a long day out. The breakfast is not great but not bad and I guess you have to remember it is a cheap place to stay in.
While this Riad may not be the equivalent of a 5 star hotel I felt the customer service was immaculate in this Riad and more then compensated for any short comings (breakfast if I am being picky) the Riad had.
It was a shame to leave here to go to the other Riad which was supposedly better (read my review to find out how that went!) and in hindsight I would have been glad to spend my whole trip in Marrakech in this Riad.
If only the people of Marrakech were as honest and decent as the staff at this Riad.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Graz, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I spent one week in the Riad Dubai and this guest house was probably the best place I have ever stayed for a holiday!
Very friendly staff, high standard of cleanliness, beautiful furniture, good location, reasonable rates, breakfast was mediocre but of a good quality.
I´ll never forget the great time I spent there and recommend it to all families, couples and individual travellers who wish to enjoy Moroccan tradition in a familiar and calm atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Was met at the airport and taken to the Riad by the hotel staff. Very busy streets but as soon as you step in the Riad it's so quiet. Housni made us welcome and made us some mint tea. He gave us some info and a map and showed us around the Riad. Rooms are dark but clean and beds were very comfortable. Roof top terrace was a great place to chill. Had breakfast up there and spent late nights there too. Breakfast was lovely and had plenty to eat. All made fresh whenever you were up and ready. It was my birthday whilst I was there and Housni and the other guys brought me a cake. The Riad is in a great location in the old part of Marrakech just 15 mins walk to the famous market. Would like to thank Riad Dubai for looking after us and making sure we had a fab stay. Would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I loved everything about Riad Dubai and had an amazing time staying there while exploring Marrakech.

Riad Dubai is not a hotel, but a home in which you are a paying guest, albeit a very welcome one!

From arrival to departure you are made to feel warmly welcome and nothing is too much trouble. The staff were amazing - friendly and informative without being intrusive. The advice I received on arrival proved invaluable.

I feel that Riad Dubai enhanced my experience of Marrakech. I adored the shabby chic look and feel of this riad - especially my bedroom which was gorgeous.

I should also point out that I travelled to Morocco alone and never once felt unsafe in Marrakech or getting back to the riad late at night. My sense of direction is pretty awful too, but after the first night I had no problem finding my way back.

Please note Riad Dubai is not an AI 5* Hotel which could be anywhere in the world, but an authentic slice of Marrakech which I adored.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Widnes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were based in the Riad Dubia in the Kasbah district of Marrakech. This was about a 20 minute walk to the main Jemaa El Fna market square in Marrakech.

The city wall around Marrakech is quite extensive and our transport from the airport dropped us off at one of the gate openings in the city wall, where we were met by the Riad manager. It was fortunate the manager met us, even with our map at hand we would never have found to riad on our own. The typical narrow maze of streets and alleyways is very confusing and no street names! Anyhow we arrived at what looked like a very typical Riad (boarding house). It only had 6 rooms for guests. The Riad and room were clean but basic.
The Riad manager was very welcoming and gave us very detailed guidance on where and where not to go on our travels etc.
Our room did not contain a wardrobe, which I thought was unusual so we had to hang our clothes we had brought for evening on a coat stand. The thing is we never used these clothes. Marrakech is very casual, and people do not dress up at evening.
The showers was constructed of skimmed concrete or similar. It operated well and looks worse than it is.
There was a roof terrace for sun bathing and relaxing and breakfast could be taken up there.

One point I found a little annoying concerned hotel costs during stay, meals drinks etc were priced in Euros, but when I came to check out I could only pay in Dirhams local currency, with my credit or debit card. Therefore I was at the mercy of the Riad managers exchange rate!

There is no pool at the Diad Dubia, but a sister Riad Qodwa has a pool. The Riad Qodwa is about 40 minutes drive out of Marrakech, however the Riad manager offers free transfer arrangement to and from the Qodwa. You can take this trip as many days as you want. You will only probably get about 4 hours at the Qodwa each day since the journeys have to fit in with drivers schedule. Normal journey time during our visits say leaves Riad Dubia at 11am and leaves Riad Qodwa return journey about 4pm

Room Tip: There are only 6 rooms in the riad.