“Amazing stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Dubai

Save Saved
You added Riad Dubai to your Saves list
Riad Dubai
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   41, derb amezmiz - kasbah-bab ksiba, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #311 of 1,046 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Lancashire
“Amazing stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in January (review is a little late!) We were served Moroccan mint tea and biscuits on arrival. Said, presented us with a map and folder full of things to do in Marrakesh. He explained local traditions, sight seeing, sahara desert expeditions, and the Moroccan folklore Fantasia. Everyone working in the hotel was very helpful and friendly. We were both a little hungry when we first arrived as it was quite late at night, so one of the staff, Mustafa, walked us to a little cafe where we had the most AMAZING beef kebabs! We kind of got lost walking back to the hotel but it was dark and it was our first night so everything looked the same, but we felt safe.

Our room was on the ground floor right next to the front door, I'm a light sleeper so I asked if we could possibly have a room on the first floor. Said was very helpful and we got a room on the first floor the next day! Rooms were clean, authentic and very colorful. You could tell that they paid a lot of attention to detail. There's free wi-fi too. I looked forward to the breakfast every morning! It was very tasty and we had it on the roof when it was warm enough. You should definitely try the chicken with couscous at the hotel, its amazing!

The hotel is within walking distance from the famous Jamaa el fnaa, probably about 15-20 minute walk. Its very close to the Saadian tombs, El Badi and Bahia palace. You can also get a taxi to Jardin Marjorelle which is exceptionally beautiful. It is a little small but well worth a visit. You can easily find your way back to the souks if you had a map. I recommend going to Riad Omar for lunch, their tagines are really good and its has a really nice atmosphere. The locals are very friendly and polite.

If you wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of Jamaa el fnaa you can walk to he centre of Gueliz which has all the high street shops such as Zara, Promod, La Senza etc it also has KFC McDonalds too but if you do go there you must try eating at BisTroT Romain which has really good burgers! Also has free wi-fi.

The service was exemplary and the staff more so and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to everyone. We would like to thank all the staff connected to the hotel for making our stay a memorable one. Shukran Said wa Mustafa!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Sierre, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Me and my wife recently spent 7 nights at the Riad Dubai and we had a wonderful time.
Location: The Riad is situated in the Kasbah area, which is a really peaceful location. It's only a 10-15 minutes walk (or 3 minutes by taxi) from the Djamaa-El-Fna. The Saadien Tombs can be reached in 5 minutes per pedes. At night it is very calm, no noise from the main square will disturb your sleep. The area is very safe, we sometimes walked home at 11 pm and never felt to be in any danger at all...
Riad: The rooms are very clean, the beds are comfortable, a safety locker is available in the room everything was tiptop.
Staff & Service: The staff is very friendly and made everything for us. The food was excellent and not expensive.
Said, the owner of the Riad is an open-minded man who knows a lot about his country and he knows a lot of interesting things about his country. It was always a pleasure to chat with him after we came back from our tours in the city. Since it was my wife's birthday the day before we left, he even organized a cake with her name on it. What more can someone do to make his guests feel like at home? :)
Another nice thing is that you don't need to go to the city to organize the tours (to Ouzoud waterfalls, Ourika valley ...) you can book it directly with Said for the same price.

Definitely recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We were picked up from the airport by Abdul, regular taxi driver to Riad Dubai and pre-arranged by the riad owner Said. The location of the riad is about 10 minutes from the airport.

Throughout our stay we really couldn't have asked to stay at a nicer and friendlier riad than we did here. Upon arrival Said gave us a welcomed pep talk on what areas of the city to visit, and also aspects that we should keep aware of that are typical of such a bustling place. Further advice and tips were available each day, nothing ever seemed to be too much trouble. Said also arranged for our excursion to Ourika Valley to visit a Berber village in the mountains.

The riad itself is so authentic, with a lovely roof terrace and fantastic breakfasts each morning. The staff on hand to help us, Mustapha and Mohammed, were so friendly and exemplary hosts.

We really can't rate Riad Dubai enough and would recommend to any would-be visitors to stay here for an excellent value mini oasis in Marrakech - you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

It was an expierance to stay at the Riad Dubai. The hospitality was great. It feels like you in your own home. Thank you for making my birthday extra specia with the surprise birthday cake. We give Saïd and his staff 100% in friendliness, and overall hospitality.

• Stayed May 2012
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Well first I would like to say a big thank you to Siad for making me feel so welcome in his charming Riad..from the first moment Siad and his staff make you feel so at home.
After a little bit of stress as one of my bags was left at Heathrow I finally got to Riad Dubai I was met at the edge of the medina by Mustapha and guided to the Riad where Siad greeted me with a warm smile and some refreshing mint tea.
I arranged to eat at the Riad that night and book a tour out of town for the following morning..when you only have a couple of days in a strange city its great to have someone to help and advice you. Even down to where you will get the best rate of exchange.
The Riad is lovely small and friendly full lof tasteful artefacts..there is a pretty roof terrace where you can eat your meals. Speaking of which the food is delicious I was so pleased I had chosen to eat in the Riad that night, Mohamed the chef makes beautiful food..he cooked me a tasty fish tagine far too much for one...and the breakfast served on the roof was also lovely...
One night it was a little cool so Siad had the boys light the fire in the communal area and all the guests ended up eating and drinking in that night...why bother going out when you have it all there..?
To sum it all up the rooms are comfortable and charming, the location is fab...in walking distance of everything...and the customer service and hospitality offered by Siad and Mustapha and Mohamed far outweighs any impersonal 5 star hotel..I was travelling alone and felt safe and welcome at all times ..nothing was too much trouble..Thank you so much everybody at Riad Dubai for making me feel so at home...!

Room Tip: Probably best to be upstairs if you can..but I am sure all the rooms are lovely..I loved mine felt l...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Having looked on Trip Advisor for hours, I finally settled on staying in the Riad Dubai because of its fantastic reviews and was very excited to stay here. Unfortunately, due to a very difficult time for my family, I was obliged to change dates twice, before being forced to cancel. Throughout the whole of this stressful time, Said and the Riad Dubai were the most helpful and kind hotel I have ever stayed in (and as a diplomat's daughter- that is a lot!). I would like to thank him for his prompt replies, his kindness and his accommodating nature. When I finally visit and experience Marrakech, I would not consider staying anywhere else! Emma

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
St Andrews, Fife
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Having just returned home from a 6 day break in Marrakech, I thought it of the upmost importance to tell the world how fantastic the Riad Dubai is.

First things first, the welcome that you receive from Siad and his staff is second to none. Having an early flight into the city we requested an early check in to the Riad. This was not a problem and when we arrived our bags were taken to the room and we were served breakfast on the wonderful roof terrace. Siad gives you an induction to the city and a few street smarts that really help when navigating yourself around. I can't think of anywhere I have been where such care and attention is taken to telling you about the city and quick cheats to getting around. I wish more hotels did this.

The rooms were lovely and decorated in Moroccan style and you can take your breakfast on the beautiful roof terrace whilst watching the storks fly around. We stayed in Room One, which is on the ground floor. Although only 2 of us were staying you could have fit a football team in the room as it was huge. The bathroom was also large and had everything that you need.

I ate dinner twice in the hotel and both times the food was fantastic. Breakfast every morning was hearty and would keep me filled up well past lunchtime. We were served a selection of pastries and cakes, fresh bread with butter, jams and honey as well as a flour pancake every morning. Dinners were also huge, cous cous and roasted vegetables are served with the tagines and you get enough for 4 when you order for 1!

But even if all of the above doesn't tempt you to the Riad Dubai then the staff should. Siad, Mustapha and Mohammed are the epitome of customer service. Nothing is too much trouble, they always have time for you and are extra helpful. Mustapha makes the best mint tea in Marrakech and Chef Mohammed a mean chicken and lemon tagine! In fact between the three of them they made our trip!

I can't stress how fantastic Riad Dubai is and if you want a traditional riad, in the heart of the city (no more than a 15 minute walk to anywhere) then stay here- I urge you.

I certainly will be returning to see Siad, Mustapha and Mohammed soon.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were beautiful but if you have older travellers then request a ground floor room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Dubai? Share your experiences!