“We wish we would have stayed longer” 5 of 5 stars

Derb Laatabi no 2 | Kaat Bennahid, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Offers & Announcements
50% off room rate
Ranked #100 of 1,065 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“We wish we would have stayed longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed only one night at riad Ghemza but we wished we would have stayed longer. The staff is very friendly. Breakfast are the best with fresh fruit and homemade yoghurt. It's located in the middle of the medina, very close to the museums and historical places. Very clean bedroom and nice and warm shower. They also have a very nice terrace where you can relax from the agitated life in the medina. The one tip we can give you is that it's very hard to find the riad by yourself so ask for someone to wait for you outside the medina and take you to riad Ghemza.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I can just recommend Riad Ghemza to anyone looking for a genuine Marrakesh experience. I was in another riad before, but Riad Ghemza was even better.

Although we got lost on our first day in the souks (which was due to my knowledge of the French language, which has decreased because I don't use it a lot - *SHAME*), we never got lost again afterwards. Just have a good look at the map you get when you arrive (my fiancé didn't).

The personnel is very friendly, have very good tips if you ask for other activities (especially the cooking course at Le Faim d'Épices - a must-have for all cooking-addicts - which we booked before we arrived there but is recommended at the riad as well!).

So thank you very much to everybody at the Riad Ghemza for a wonderful stay, we will be back again (probably during our honeymoon as my fiancé proposed to me on the wonderfully romantic terrace of Terrasse de la Medersa during our stay)!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I would choose this riad over any other, the location, the facilities, the staff and the excursions were just perfect. The staff give you great honest advice if it is your first time in Morocco and are quick to help if needed. If I went back to Marrakech I would go to this riad again and again.

• Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Having booked the flight only about 2 hours before departure I had only about 30 minutes to decide where to stay before boarding my plane out of London.

I am very glad that I was drawn to Riad Ghemza. The hospitality was perfect, the Riad is attractive and my room was small but very comfortable, tasteful and elegant. (Berber room, on the roof terrace). It was also extremely peaceful, as the Riad is set back from any main passage. The only time I was awoken was by the call to prayer, which was far from disturbing and was actually a beautiful sound, almost siren like.

The roof terrace is small but nice with a small plunge pool and two sun loungers and tables and seating for about six. In the late afternoon it was so relaxing and peaceful to be there and read my book and listen to bird song.

I have realised that I have an appalling sense of direction and I got hopelessly and frustratingly lost in the Medina, even after two days!! If you stay at this Riad you will have to pay someone about 4 Euros to guide you there in the first instance from the main square, Jemma El Fna (13 minutes walk) and then rely on the map that is supplied by your hosts to get you back. If you are as hopeless as I am there is always a "guide" who will escort you to where you want to go, but it will cost you about 10 MD every time!!

Thank you to all at the Riad.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Good value!
Great service!
1st day it was difficult to find it, crazy narrow streets on the zoco but when you are situated it's next to the Medersa Ben Yousef.
Breakfast it's very good!
Tiny room but very nice.

• Stayed February 2013
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very well located in the middle of the medina. Very good quality/price ratio. Good service. Comfortable and clean rooms. Owned by a very friendly french couple that will be always willing to give you advice if you need it. Very functional.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Riad was very well maintained and very clean. Marrakech inner city can be extremely confusing, but the owners were very helpful to help out. It has a very relaxing rooftop terras that takes you away from the busy streets. The interior is an interesting mix between modern and Moroccan style - beautiful. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Ghemza? Share your experiences!