“Getting there” 4 of 5 stars

Alhaurin el Grande, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Getting there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is a 'must visit' venue, but ignore, and I mean ignore all signs to get there from the main square. You are lead through all the souks and if not careful, will find yourself led astray by the canny locals who work in collusion with other shopkeepers. Just head for the main Mohammed V main avenue and walk 10 minutes. Otherwise it will take an hour. Great fun though!

Visited January 2014

Lincoln, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Welcome break from the souks with cheaper prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

After spending half a week wandering the souks being constantly hassled and not buying anything due to the pushy sellers (I know they need to make money but their not going about it the right way)i/e being left to browse we would have spent dirhams in the souks but there you go!

Anyway I read about the Ensemble Artisanal on Mohammed V Avenue and so me and my wife decided to check it out.From outside it looks a little scary with its large arch entrance but be brave and venture through as you will love it inside.There are small and large shops selling leather,jewellery,musical instruments,pottery tajines etc,brassware etc,and other things.The prices are displayed clearly and we found many things cheaper than the prices quoted in the souks off Jemma el Fna square.The traders also make items on site in their shops and you can watch them without them wanting payment or getting annoyed!Most of the shops we found friendly but one shop selling leather we found a little overpriced but the leather shop in the middle was friendly and we purchased several items here.I also purchased a snake charmer ZUKARA berber pipe in the music shop after a friendly demonstration by the shop owner.In the centre is a lovely cafe really clean selling drinks and food.

I highly recommend you look in the souks but come here to buy as you know what you are spending and WONT GET RIPPED OFF BY THE SOUK TRADERS.but thats up to you...

Visited January 2014
Sydney, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Absolutely loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I bought a gorgeous, very large yellow leather handbag from here, for 780 dh. The man was so lovely, and was happy for me to take my time making a decision (there were so many beautiful bags to choose from!). I never once felt pressured or rushed. The best part is that everything in the store is made by him and his father. He was standing there cobbling away while i looked at the bags. The shop is called morocconaire. We also got a beautiful name plate engraved from a shop called aidr, run by a lovely old man who only speaks french.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Best shopping all trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

After experiencing the medina for our first week in Morocco it was a breath of fresh air to arrive in the Ensemble. Prices clearly marked and no pestering/gambits for attention. Many artists are constructing on site and we found many treasures we intent to take home. I heard prices were above the Medina, however if you are terrible at haggling (like me) then you will still likely pay less here.

Visited December 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“best shopping in marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

after the hustle and bustle in the souks, we found by accident this absolute gem. all the goods from the market and better for a fraction of the price. the prices were placed on the goods. you could look all you want and nobody tried to sell you something. I didn't want to buy anything on this trip and came back from this place with a whole shoppingbag.my advice, take in the atmosphere from the souk but buy at this place. just great.

Visited December 2013