“Very smart, very upto date and a great location” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Riad l'Etoile d'Orient to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Riad l'Etoile d'Orient
5.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Derb Dabachi, Derb Moulay Abdelkader no52, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #186 of 1,046 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Very smart, very upto date and a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

First of all the location, this riad is a 5 minute walk from the square, located a couple of hundred yards from the main routes to the southern tourist spots (palace, tombs) and a short walk to the northern sports (museum, islamic school). The close proximity to the square allowed us to eat out every night in or on the square and have no concerns about walking back to our riad at night.

The riad is very very modern inside, every room have AC a TV (with the 1000+ free Moroccan channels) and all the modern touches you'd expect from a top hotel. Bed was comfy and the AC kept the room a very pleasant temperature. Another plus was the mini bar fridge, we didn't use from the mini bar but the fridge was handy for cooling our own drinks. The only downside about the riad was that because it was so modern it lacked some of the character the older ones have, for this reason It's got 4/5

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great, we stayed in the cheapest Atlas room, this was "cosy" but stil...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

L'Etoile d'Orient is perfectly located next to the main square but off the main road, which allowed us to spend a very relaxing night.
The manager and staff of the riad were very kind and attentive to our demands. They were especially very helpfull in sugesting places to go to eat and visit. Special mention to their tea which was excellent.
The Riad is quite new and beautifully decorated and has all the required amenities.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

L'Etoile D'Orient is a small 7 room inn just off Jm'a El Fnaa. It is very attractive,clean, comfortable and the manager was great!. However it was given a 5 star rating when I booked it. It certainly did feel like a 5 star among RIADS but nowhere near a 5 star HOTEL. The riad booked a taxi for us from the airport and someone picked us up at the big square and took us to the riad. On the way back, that wasn't necessary as by then we knew our way (10 min walk) . We took our own luggage to the square and took a cab from there. It cost around 60 din. During our stay, we booked a tour to the waterfalls through our riad.The guide took us and tried to scam us once we got to the mountain. We found out there is a distinction between a guide (who only does 'driving') and a guide who took us up the mountain and charged us 200Din more than agreed. Upon our return, the riad manager intervened and made the tour company refund this additional amount. That left me with a very positive impression of the riad.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

A place to return at anytime. We highly recommend this Riad. The staff is very friendly but also very professional. The Manager of the hotel is very attentive and helpful. Please seek her advise for places to go and eat in the center.

Hint: Highly recommend to use the Airport pickup service from the Hotel. Finding the place for 1st timers will be an adventure you may want to avoid.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Isle of Man
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The Riad l'Etoile d'Orient was beautifully decorated and in a great position for access to the square. Our room was lovely and had everything we needed, the hot tub on the roof terrace was fantastic and mint tea was available whenever we wanted it! Breakfast wasn't great but it was acceptable, other than that and the 5am call for prayer which I guess you have to expect (they were fitting triple glazing during our stay!) the Riad was perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was a lovely Riad to stay in, the staff were very friendly and hospitable and the standard of accommodation high. We stayed for two nights, our airport transfer was on time and we were able to check in early. The breakfasts were good and we were offered mint tea on arrival (and on other occasions too). The onsite hamman looked good and there was a rooftop hot tub with views onto the mountains (which sadly I couldn't use either as I'm pregnant). We stayed in one of the ground floor rooms which athough was on the small side, it was well equipped with a flatscreen tv, towelling robes and a really good shower! The only downside to the stay was the noise from the early morning prayer call at the local mosque and also from outside however it would always be quiet overnight and to be honest I think that anywhere in the medina would have the same noise levels. The location was also excellent as it was easy to find and very close to the main square, it was also easy to walk to all the points of interest from. Overall I would recommend this Riad, we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Really want to recommend this riad. I travelled alone, and as I changed my flight, so I just randomly choose this riad one night before I arrived at Marrakech. And I have to say that it's the best choice I've made in my trip. Its location is great, with walking distance to the square, the museum and school. And they have really new and clean room with excellent services. There're so many things I love, such as the mint tea, the lamb, the breakfast and view on the roof, spa, and the people. I felt very comfort and homy, they people there are very very nice. They helped me to call the airport for my lost luggage, they helped me when I was lost in the desert, they recommended me places to go, called taxi for me, and so many other things. I had a really great time there. It's definitely amazing! :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Riad l'Etoile d'Orient? Share your experiences!