“Great meals in a gorgeous setting” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 585 Restaurants in Marrakech
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Great meals in a gorgeous setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

We were only in Marrakech for 3 nights, but had a dinner and a lunch in this beautiful restaurant. There was a very attractive Christmas tree near the entrance, which pretty much singled the place out for a start in Marrakech. The evening meal (inside the restaurant) was brilliant, aided by the waiter kindly putting us next to the open fire - it got a bit chilly in December at night ! Having said that we were the first diners that evening (6.45 ish), but the place filled up pretty rapidly.

My wife had a great meat and couscous tagine, and I had exactly what I wanted, a lamb tagine without couscous. Nice nibbles before the mains arrived, decent bottle of wine plus a beer for about £30, and actually well worth it.

We went back for lunch the following day and sat out on the patio beside the pool. Good selection of tasters for Lynn and a very generous (and delicious) seafood risotto for me. Unfortunately we were pushed for time to get back to the riad for departure, so picking a risotto probably wasn't the greatest idea I've ever had.

I'd have no hesitation in recommending Dar Donab.

• Visited December 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

We ate here twice; both lunch and dinner. The Hotel itself is beautiful and on the basis of the lunch we fled from our hotel and treated ourselves to a nights' stay here. The lunch was very pleasant which we ate in the courtyard. In the evening there was a fire burning in a wonderfully decorated traditional dining room. The food was the best we ate in Marrakesh.

• Visited December 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kenya
“Reasonably priced for such a lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

Another excellent lunch in this beautiful spot. I originally found this place on the internet and glad I did as if I was walking past I would have been put off by the tourist style sandwich board advertising they have got outside. I think they should scrap that and rely on trip advisor and word of mouth. It is a very elegant hotel with a stunning courtyard around a pool. The food is very good indeed. Lamb tajine was rated the top in Morocco by my group. Pasta options were also enjoyed. Reasonably priced. Will be back next year!

Visited November 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Good food in lovely courtyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

Good traditional Moroccan food served by polite and attentive staff in peaceful courtyard by pool. Lovely spot to sit outside under a starry night sky. Staying in riad near by - would be great to go for lunch and enjoy the pool too.

Visited September 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Spectacular surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

This is a very beautiful and elegant restaurant. Come here for an enjoyable evening, but don't expect very good food. Food was average. Service was generally good.

• Visited October 2014