“Great service great vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad de la Belle Epoque

Save Saved
You added Riad de la Belle Epoque to your Saves list
Riad de la Belle Epoque
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29 Derb Sidi Bouamar | Riad Laarouss, Marrakech Medina, Morocco   |
Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #39 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Great service great vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I loved staying at the Riad de la belle epoque. It had everything we needed, as well as what we just wanted. As model going to work i was very happy to find a place with good service, good people(international), well location and peaceful environment, and i dont even want to get started with the good food and confy beds:) i needed my energy and rest and i got everything here. Best cous cous and mint tea youl ever try plus its cookies! At my stay in the hotel i felt like at home, it is small and very quiet too. And since it can get very hot in marrakech it has a fresh pool in the middle of the Riad where you can freshen up and then continue your sun bath on the roof top.
I also loved how it was in the middle of the town of Marrakech it was easy to leave the hotel and get to know Marrakech more profoundly, and learn by experiencing the life in Marrakech. It was also very good for our pictures, everything turned out great.
Hopefully ill visit again !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
riadbelleepoque, Propietario at Riad de la Belle Epoque, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Hello Sofia

Thanks a lot for your review. You will be always welcome to our Riad.

Best regards

Teresa

260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a great place to stay: fab staff, fab food, fab rooms, fab beds and the sun helped too! It's a smal riad but that gives you more personal and friendly relationships with the great staff. Good location too.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs are probably quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Joanne

Thanks a lot for your review. Hope to see you again in Marrakech

Best regards
Ellington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I loved this place. My kids and I spent two nights here, and I fell in love with not only the place but the people. Everyone was very attentive and seemed genuinely concerned about my family having a great experience. We even came back one evening just for dinner (we stayed at another riad for 2 nights because I messed up our reservations). They helped arrange airport transportation and an excursion to L'Ourika Valley. I was concerned about being on my own with two kids in Morocco, but everyone at La Belle helped ease my concerns. There is no doubt I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

It was an amazing place to spend 5 days in Marrakech. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful from start to finish. We were very well treated, almost like royalty. The plunge pool was perfect for the crazy Moroccan heat in the summer. The air-condition helped a lot too. The breakfasts differed from day to day, were traditional and well-prepared. LOTS of towels provided. There is almost one for everything you could think of. The room was nothing short of luxurious, possibly the best we've ever stayed in. Even the toiletries provided were of amazing quality - produced locally as well. They made staying in a chaotic albeit beautiful city effortless for us, arranging everything from our taxis to and from the airport, excursion to Ourika Valley, providing maps and directions for around the city etc. We couldn't have asked for any more. Thanks guys.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I booked this riad for the last two days of my stay in Morocco. I chose it because it got such high ratings on trip advisor. Unfortunately, I picked up a stomach bug right before I checked in and spent those two days in my room! Nevertheless, it was a great place to be if you had to be laying around inside. I had a room on the first floor next to the pool. Air conditioning worked perfectly, bed was very comfortable, and the decor was very interesting. The bathroom was quite large and the whole room could have accomodated another person easily. The location was perfect as well. The staff, who were obviously concerned about me, kept asking if I needed anything. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is a lovely riad with beds that would not be out of place in a five star hotel! Everything was absolutely lovely. When we arrived we were given lovely mint tea on the very stylish roof terrace. The staff were very polite and friendly and were very helpful with there directions for navigating around the city. I could go on and on about how good this place is so please don t hesitate to book la belle epoque, you will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in the josephine baker room which was perfect for my daughter and myself. I chose this roo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Maastricht
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

In Marrakech you can have modern luxury in the ville nouvelle. But to really enjoy the city you should sleep in the heart of it. This riad is in the medina. The staff is extremely helpfull, rooms are stylish

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad de la Belle Epoque? Share your experiences!