“Lovely Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kenzi Club Agdal Medina

Save Saved
You added Kenzi Club Agdal Medina to your Saves list
Kenzi Club Agdal Medina
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Mohamed VI | Zone Touristique Agdal, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #175 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Swansea
“Lovely Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

What a great place! My husband and I looked for a few daysin the sun and we were a little apprehensive of this hotel as it didn't have that many reviews and those that were on here were french. However we were extremely pleased tha we did book. On arriving at the airport we jumped into a taxi which cost 150 dirhams which was approximately £13. The travel agents wanted around £60 return booking before hand so we're glad we saved there! Just to warn you the taxi journey is an experience! Thank goodness the hotel was only 5-10 mins away!
The weather is scorching! Expect the that especially at midday! I'm a total sun worshipper but at times it was even too hot for me!
The hotel reception is beautiful. Very modern. We were greeted with some orange juice and the staff were very polite. Once we checked in a porter took us for a tour around the hotel on a little golf buggy which was a nice touch explaining where everything is!
The room was well furnished and again very modern. The hotel is very new so everything was well kept as you'd imagine! It was spacious and was cleaned by very friendly maids!
The food was good. There is a bit dining room with again very modern cream furniture. Breakfast time was seemed busy but lunch time and evening meals you did have a lot of people in there! They catered for most people's taste and even had a section of pureed foods for small children that I thoght was a nice touch! At meal times the hotel doesn't provide any type of pork as it is a Muslim country, so no bacon at breakfast.
There is an ample supply of drinks you can have through the day if you're on AI, in the restuarant and by the pool. People have complained previously about the wasps by the bars in hotels in Marrakech but really it's not the hotel's fault as they are just attracted to the sticky drinks like orange juice. They are fine and can just be ignored!
The pools are lovely. There is one larger pool then a smaller, quieter pool! I stayed around the quieter pool and it was away from the hustle and bustle of the entertainment. Both pools had plenty of umbrellas, loungers and some very nice double, comfortable beds.
The entertainment was excellent. I tend not to go to hotels and take up the entertainment, but you couldn't fault how hard they worked. In the day they based themselves around the larger pool(hence the reason I was around the smaller one) and led many actvities from aqua aerobics, volleyball, archery and many food/ drink demonstrations by the pool bar. In the night then they had a very good singer and got people involved in dancing etc. I do have to say that they weren't 'hevay handed' in trying to make you take part which was nice - as there is nothing worse than constantly saying " No thankyou" or making an excuse about your ankle when the entertainment crew are trying to make you dance.
At the hotel they have a beautiful spa, but unfortunately it is at a cost! 100 dirhams for use of pool for an hour and the same for the gym - however I don't think they are so tight on timimgs on the gym.
We went to Jeema Al Fna which was bizarre! Taxi costs anything between 100 and 150 dirhams and when you get there you'll be blown away! The souks are fantastic and I'm sure the many stalls would have provided very fresh food but it wasn't really for me! There are men there with monkeys and snakes, but take care as they'll encourage you to have photos then demand you give them 200 dirhams or "note money".
It is somewhere you do have to go to say you've been there!
From our holiday we wanted a quiet hotel, with nice surroundings and food and some sun. The Kenzi definately did that! We had to check out at 12pm on our last day and were flying at 6pm. When we were checking out I enquired about a shower room so that we could refresh when leaving. The manager happened to be at reception and said it was no problem to have our current room! It was very kind of him and I know that it would normally cost about £40 so I was really pleased about that! We saw him around the hotel and he always made himself known and constantly asked guests if there was anything they needed!
I would definatey recommend the Kenzi Club Medina. We didn't go out and sightsee and there wasn't anywhere you could 'stroll' but everything we required from our few days a way we got! The hotel caters for most, couples, families etc. If you are looking for adventure I'm sure the hotel could point you in the right direction but the hotel itself is more for relaxing(well definately around the smaller pool!) I am already looking to go back in April with a friend!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

2,153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Arabic first

Been to Kenzi Club Agdal Medina? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Kenzi Club Agdal Medina

Address: Avenue Mohamed VI | Zone Touristique Agdal, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Location: Morocco > Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region > Marrakech
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#30 Business Hotel in Marrakech
#67 Spa Hotel in Marrakech
#69 Luxury Hotel in Marrakech
#81 Family Hotel in Marrakech
#152 Romantic Hotel in Marrakech
Hotel Class:5 star — Kenzi Club Agdal Medina 5*
A pioneer in its category. This hotel-club provides a full range of activities together with the best contemporary design by architect Imaad Rahmouni. Modernism and discovery can be shared by families or friends, in one of the best leisure hotels in Morocco, located by the Atlas Mountains, in the middle of 10 hectares centenarian olive trees.Accommodation 9 riads 254 double or triple rooms (32 m²) and 60 suites (53 m²) – all with private balcony . ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Kenzi Club Agdal Medina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Kenzi Club Agdal Medina Hotel Marrakech

If you own or manage Kenzi Club Agdal Medina, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.