“Great hotel, excellent for families!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kenzi Club Agdal Medina

You added Kenzi Club Agdal Medina to your Saves list
Kenzi Club Agdal Medina
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Mohamed VI | Zone Touristique Agdal, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #184 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, excellent for families!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Only stayed 2 nights, wished we had stayed longer! Great hotel. My little boy really enjoyed the heated outdoor heated pool. Lovely surrounds good location and great facilities! The main square is only 5-10mins away by taxi and only costs 50dhs/5 euros.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Arabic first
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

First time in Marrakesh, Hotel is all inclusive, but have to pay for room tax, for safe in room, spa, indoor pool, gym. Pool towels available, deposit repaid when you leave. Free shuttle bus into city very quick and on time. Great to explore, felt very safe and great shopping and wandering around, just ignore the touts and say no and walk away! Very clean city and hotel. Rooms comfey and quiet, nice beds. Go for upstairs with mountain views if you can.
Food good, nice cocktail lounge, with bit of 'entertainment' before dinner. Cocktails have the weakest alchohol ever tasted. wine nice, but again you would have to drink at least twice the amount as wine at home, regardless of what the label says !
Food nice, fresh and local varieties available. different themed evenings, but basics of chips and pasta there all the time!
About 90% French (possibly Begum) guests, who were all very nice and friendly (apart from one French Lady who objected to us arranging our sun beds too close to her...).
Would return, very good value for a February break, went with Easy jet, 1 hour from landing to sitting in snack bar! no real noise from nearby airport.
Wi Fi near reception free, very intermittent further away

Room Tip: up stairs facing mountains
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is a decent hotel with some good elements and some that they need to work on, however in relation to the price paid one cannot really complain. The rooms are of decent size and clean, I found the maid staff polite and hardworking. The hotel itself is mainly full of French tourists and we found during the first few days we were not given the same level of service as other guests which was weird as with a young child I would have thought some more attention would have been given to make it easier for us. Some examples are the first two days during breakfast were I had to ask three different staff members to clear a table for us, the staff member didn't ask us for coffee. Weirdly the days after we found the service had improved. The food itself is ok at best but always a little cold. The fresh pasta stand was the best food by far. Also please note that the restaurant allows for cats to walk about freely. The bar area is nice and large and opens at 6pm. We didn't see any of the animation events as they were on at 9pm and with a little one we were unable to.

There is a small kids pool, however we found the main heated pool better with our little boy. The pool itself is really nice. The hotel also contains a small section where they have ducks, goats and rabbits which our little boy enjoyed visiting.

There is a baazar nearby, where there is a supermarket, pizza hut takeaway and a burger joint along with a few shops if you fancy a quick visit outside.

The Spa I felt could have been better for the price paid (£35). The lady used a push down oil release system which I can only describe the noise as squeezing the last bit of ketchup from a ketchup bottle.

One little irate I have is that it was my bday whilst there and the staff knew about this as I asked for an upgrade when we were checking in, sadly they were unable to due to being fully booked, which is fine. One evening during dinner my wife was approached by the manager who was asking about our stay when my wife mentioned that she was disappointed that a b’day cake wasn't provided etc. which I must stress isn't a given right. The manager said she will arrange something as they should have done so. Two nights after, nothing!. That I find weird personally as the hotel manager if asked should have made the effort as she approached us.

For what we paid for the hotel, I cannot fault it but just by adding a few extra quirks, the standard off the hotel will dramatically improve.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to the reception would be best.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Hamilton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Fantastic hotel with excellent staff! I was impressed with the hotel from when I first entered the reception area. Miriam at check-in was truly professional and very friendly and I was made to feel very welcome. Miriam noted from my passport that my birthday would be in two days and she wished me a Happy Birthday. She also congratulated me again on my actual birthday and sent a cake to my room. An amazing personal touch! My room was spacious with a comfortable bed, TV, WIfi and large bathroom. The level of cleanliness through the hotel was of a very high standard and my room was made immaculate every day throughout my stay. The food was delicious, prepared to a high standard, and all tastes were catered for. The entertainment was excellent with very good shows each night in the bar area and activities during the day including Arabic classes, cookery lessons, dance tutorials, football and aerobics. The events team and bar/restaurant staff were very friendly in particular Majie and Birra. This all contributed to me having a superb holiday in Marrakech! I would not hesitate to return!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Feb half term- Weather was cool for time of year, but 2nd pool (pretty huge) heated well and opening at 9am every day. Food very good, children loved it, room clean and was pleased to be upgraded to a suite with the 2 kids next door in adjoining room. Get as many small notes as u can before travelling. Exchange rates in the country (14) for us better than changing at home! When we went- hotel mainly for French guests in kids club- but saying that they were very friendly. Went to Atlas Mountains for a day & Berber village- amazing. Camel trip- great fun. Souks & Medina- a guide was a real help on this our first visit. Felt safe with kids walking around the main square. carriage ride was also brilliant- go for the horses near the back of the line- more bartering power at 150dhs.. Went to Maison D'arabes for dinner- paid small fortune- turns out the chicken tagine at our hotel and white bean tagine werebetter! Who knew!! Have a great trip. Fab place to visit.

Room Tip: Quite a big hotel complex, tell staff to make a note if u want a room nearer the reception/ pool/ di...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a lovely hotel staffed by Moroccans who are among the most smiley people I have ever met in life. The cleaning staff and those serving meals are exceptionally attentive. The wifi reception was very poor and the safe did not work. But those were just minor inconveniences in an otherwise superb holiday. Marrakesh itself is nothing short of spectacular! Lovely country; great people!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was not actually what we were expecting (our fault not theirs). Overall it is very good but very much caters for families with children (which we were not) so lots of activities and stuff for kids to do - I have no idea why some of the other comments think otherwise here!

Wine was not bad and certainly better than most North African countries and the food was also excellent. A lot of French people so this is probably their influence. Grounds are absolutely lovely, with Olive trees and well kept gardens, loungers and garden art.

Really our only complaints were that the rooms were quite basic and not really in keeping with the communal areas at all (and definitely not 4 star never mind 5 star standard) and our other gripe was that it says 2 bars but really only one which was full of kids and very loud entertainment - with the other being a pool bar for during the day only. This meant we struggled to find somewhere nice to sit and chat before or after dinner.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Kenzi Club Agdal Medina? Share your experiences!