“nice for a short break” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kenzi Club Agdal Medina

You added Kenzi Club Agdal Medina to your Saves list
Kenzi Club Agdal Medina
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Mohamed VI | Zone Touristique Agdal, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #185 of 467 Hotels in Marrakech
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“nice for a short break”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

On arrival check in was smooth and the staff were very friendly. The room was not on available for an hour but this wasn't a problem as they stored our luggage and directed us to the restaurant for food and drinks.
The restaurant is very clean and the food superb, can't believe some of the negative reviews about the food. It was always fresh and hot. The pasta station is brilliant and you can have any pasta dish cooked fresh.
The pool area was empty. The main pool was not heated and that meant no one sat around it so we were able to get a kabana daily to spend the day relaxing.
The rooms were nice and spacious but the only thing lacking were tea and coffee facilities. If you are coming here in January then wrap up as its cold in the mornings and evenings.
Overall a nice short break away and we would return.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel is a short jouney from Marrakech. The hotel provide a free shuttle or you can get a cab cheap enough. Location for me was very good, as I personally wouldn't be keen on staying within the hustle and bustle of the city itself.
The rooms were good - size, cleanliness and facilities.
Swimming pools were decent in size, one more child friendly pool and a separate one which was more popular with couples and groups. Suited us fine.
This is an all inclusive resort. In terms of drinks it was one of the better ones I've stayed in. The spirits were of good quality. Beer is from the tap and also in bottles. At dinner wine is provided by the bottle if you request it. Soft drinks likewise are bottled which rules out the argument that they are of poor quality or watered down.
Food was very good here. Plenty of choice and it varied from night to night. They have a couple of chef stations who cook a speciality dish. One night in particular was impressive - a whole tune (massive) in behind the chef, who butchered it and cooked it in front of you as you requested.

The reason I liked this hotel was that you had the option of the city, but also the option of relaxing by the pool all day. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and I would happily return.
The only reason I have given four instead of five stars is as follows. The female receptionist I encountered was quite rude and aggressive. She would barely speak to customers or make eye contact. She appeared to see arriving guests or guests with questions or problems as an inconvenience. That said all the other staff from cleaners to other receptionists were friendly and polite.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I have always wanted to go to Marrakech, as I have previously been to Agadir. Instead of Christmas presents we decided to book this trip for me and my partner as something to look forward to in January and we got a great deal.
As normal for any trip I book I spend quite a lot of time researching and was initially very happy with my decision. However I saw one too many reviews with negative comments after I booked it, therefore became a little anxious that we would not have a good time - I needn't have worried, it was superb!
I will try to summarise our trip with the information I think others will benefit from.
Rooms - very clean, two stories high, easy to find your way around. Lots of storage, nice little balcony, fridge, good air con, very comfy beds, lovely bathroom, clean towels.
Service - I read that people had a problem with the dominant French speaking staff and they could be rude on the reception desk. We did not find this at all. They spoke good English, were very attentive and were able to help with any of our enquiries. We arrived a couple of hours before our room was ready, no problem as we had full use of the hotel facilities from our arrival. Loved the buggies that we were driven in to take us and our luggage to our rooms. Nothing was too much trouble. All the staff throughout the hotel had a smile on their face, tried to talk in English and made us very welcome. I would say I visit places to experience a different culture, I don't expect everyone to be English speaking, it's part of the fun. You have to go to a place like Marrakech with the right mindset-not expecting it to be just like the UK.
Grounds/facilities- beautiful and very well kept. Loved the random sculptures and hammocks dotted around. The hotel was definitely not at its capacity, I would say perhaps less than half occupied, which meant no queues, pools & sun beds available at all times. Also loved the covered sun beds, would certainly be needed at the height of summer. Pool bar was a hubbub during the day and the lounge bar the place to go when the weather was not good and during the evening. Didn't use the pools-too cold for me but they were very well looked after and extremely clean. Also did not use the spa.
The only faults I had with any of the facilities was paying 50 dirham per day for the safe. I found this way too expensive, so we didn't use it and the nightclub on the premises. Great idea but could do with a better variety of music, so much so we didn't stay long for our one and only visit.
The hotel even has a petting zoo where the goats and sheep can be seen wandering around in the morning. There are lots of sports facilities for those that want to use them.
Food and drink - here I was worried, I shouldn't have been. It's a typical all inclusive hotel, buffet style, themed. Great choice, loved the Moroccan food and the sushi night. Waiters bought drinks to you, including bottles of wine and ice buckets, bottles of water, bottles of coke zero - nice touch and all included in the price. It was clean. Food not piping hot a couple of times but with any buffet to cater for hundreds of people, this could happen. However there is a microwave if you feel you need it. All the food was cooked properly and we had no upset stomachs.
There is a bookable restaurant - we had it to ourselves for the night- fantastic! You have a 5 course set meal, Moroccan style. There is a huge amount of food, couldn't eat it all. You pay 100 dirhams each, on check-out. Local alcohol good enough, lots of coffee available.

All in all we loved this hotel. Yes the guests and staff were predominately French speaking but so what? And this is from someone that doesn't speak any other language bar English, which is my problem and no-one else's.
We would go back to this hotel in a shot if we were to return to Marrakech but I don't think we will,much preferred Agadir. There's not much around unless you use the shuttle bus but for a 6 day break this was no problem.
Weather in January-hit or miss, which could impact your day.

Top tip- if you go to the Medina and souks be careful. Even though you get bugged for a guide take one. We got lost in the souks, scary and intimidating. An experience at the time but would not want to repeat,even though we were glad to do it.

Brampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What do you want in an all-inclusive hotel? Polite and helpful staff? Facilities for all ages that are not overcrowded? An enthusiastic and friendly animations staff? Clean, well-appointed accommodation? Very good food with a decent array of variety? Good sports and spa facilities? If so, then the Club Agdal is for you. And situated a couple of km from the Medina, and with the Atlas Mountains on the doorstep, there is no reason why you have to stay in the campus - you can, and wouldn't be bored, but get out and experience the warm-hearted people and unique cultural gem that is Morocco.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong - all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Place is pleasant enough just make sure you get a room that's not on the end if a row. Wifi is available throughout hotel but very ropey connection. The spa however should be avoided at all costs. The hammam spurts steam out with such noise (a jet plane is quieter) it drowns out the 'relaxing' music and the spa pool was ice cold. Glad I didn't pay for any other services and I definitely won't be. Don't feel relaxed in the slightest :(

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The staff were all so friendly and lovely and the place was clean with a nice, spacious room. Sheets and towels changed every day.
The animation team worked so hard and all were smiling, friendly & fun.
I wish I'd noticed the heated pool earlier but I was off doing other things.
I liked that there was a frequent shuttle bus into the Medina, it was very punctual.
My previous vacation was in the Maldives & this resort had a much better bar
selection, we enjoyed the Pina Coladas & the Mojitos.
All in all, we had a really good time!

Room Tip: We had room 520, the rooms in this area were quiet.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for a week at the end of December 2014. The staff are lovely. There were many things that had to be rectified (asked for king bed, got doubles -- key was repeatedly demagnetized, required walking back to reception -- wifi was not accessible in the rooms and the wifi in the reception area was very slow). But no major inconveniences, and the staff's very positive and friendly attitude easily made up for any minor annoyances.
The only thing that was truly notable was the spa--- recommend avoiding it at all costs. A manicure was 300 drs (about 33$ US) - and was exceptionally terrible. One spa worker worked on each hand -- one was sick and sneezed and coughed and blew her nose all over my hand. No base coat or top coat and only 1 coat of polish -- this "manicure" lasted one single day before it chipped. Other spa services were similarly expensive and a waste of $.
But other than the "spa" this is a very pleasant place, especially for a family with small children.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs are quieter (no-one above you walking around in heels, or moving chairs) and have mor...
Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Kenzi Club Agdal Medina? Share your experiences!