“Mixed emotions” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kenzi Club Agdal Medina

Save Saved
You added Kenzi Club Agdal Medina to your Saves list
Kenzi Club Agdal Medina
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Mohamed VI | Zone Touristique Agdal, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #171 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Leeds, UK
“Mixed emotions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights with my partner and son (22 months old).
I booked a family room/suite. I recommend a room on the 1st floor, we had a private balcony and it was safe for the toddler as he couldn't run off anywhere and I could sit in the sun in private whilst he was asleep.
The room was massive with 2 loos, a bath and shower. Take a hair dryer as the one in the bathroom was rubbish.
We arrived and check-in was fast. My son loved the ride in the golf cart. It was about 730pm so we dropped our bags and went straight for food.
The canteen is standard. The food can get repetitive if you eat the same things. Highs - potato tagine, meatball tagine, pasta made to order, Moroccan pastry at breakfast. Lows- chicken tagine not cooked through.
Wine and beer is very palatable for an all-inc in a Muslim country.
I didn't feel food and drink was plentiful compared with other hotels I've been too. There is one bar open all day and a small area for a small selection of food until 5pm. Dinner was served from 730 which was difficult for us having such a young child. No ice creams during the day other than with lunch. I feel it was all very restricted. Cocktails were terrible.
My son loved the water slides and Animation team. The mini disco from 8-9pm was the highlight of his holiday even though it's all in French.
It's not a 5* hotel. My driver was due to pick me up from the hotel to take us onto the next hotel. He was late because he went to the wrong hotel. I asked reception to help me deal with the situation and they wanted to charge me for a telephone call. I was distressed and stranded and the lady on reception was useless in helping me.
Other than her on reception the staff were friendly and good with my son. Most staff wanted to pick him up or touch his blonde hair which we found strange but it was consistent where ever we went.
I probably wouldn't go back because I like good cocktails and more choices of food outlets. I'd recommend doing 3 nights max here and then move on somewhere else (if it's a place you are interested in staying)
It's hot during the day. The pool is a little cool at the moment. It didn't bother me but not ideal for my son.
Animation offer an ongoing menu of entertainment during the day. I didn't bother but it looked fun and kept spectators entertained too.
Leave your lilo at home because no inflatables in the pool. Though I did see one or two. No reserving sunbeds either.

Room Tip: Room 115 was good for us. Plenty of sun on the balcony. It's also close to amenities
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

2,110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Arabic first
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Shortly after we booked this 4 night break the reviews on tripadvisor were terrible and we were quite concerned about what we had booked and were quite anxious about the holiday. After returning from the Kenzi Club I can clearly see that some people who have reviewed this hotel aren't living in the real world and aren't taking into consideration what they've actually paid to stay here.
When checking in we were upgraded to a suite for our wedding anniversary. The suite was lovely with a huge bed, a separate sitting room, large bathroom with bath and walk in shower.
All the gardens and the pool area are all kept neat and tidy. The larger pool with the slides seemed to be more for families so we stuck to other pool which seemed to be an older crowd. The pool was quite cold but was quite nice when it's so hot.
We found that in the restaurant there was always something to eat. There was always three or four tagines to choose from a night some nicer than others but all edible, Pizza's are cooked fresh on site. Most of the desserts looked different but seemed to taste the same. We did book to go in the Moroccan restaurant but chose not to bother when seeing the menu.
All hotel staff were friendly and pleasant although some seemed to struggle slightly with speaking English. We didn't really bother with entertainment in the night so I can't comment.
Arranging the free shuttle to Marrakech was easy which we did while checking in. We had a taxi back to the hotel which cost 100DR.
The taxi from the airport cost 200DR. We did try to get lower but they were having none of it. The taxi from the hotel to the airport only cost 100DR.
My only issues with the hotel was the 3 euro a day charge for the safe and the 150DR (ABOUT £13.38) deposit for each pool towel which I thought was a bit excessive.

For value for money you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Booked a break away as a secret hotel with lastminute.com. and was a little disappointed when I found out it was this hotel because of some of the photos and other reviews. My daughter and I had a very pleasant surprise at the beauty and setting of the hotel's rooms when we first arrived and our experiences during the rest of the break couldn't have been better. The staff were obliging and very friendly, the food plentiful and good quality. As I'm not much of a meat eater the buffet was ideal, with made to order omlettes and pasta dishes, wonderful morrocan food and delicious pastries every day,as well as an extensive choice of other dishes. The Morrocan restaurant was well worth the extra euros, with an excellent waiter and a very good local musician. The entertainment team produced some amazing evening concerts, were extremely friendly to everyone and had incredible amounts of energy, The whole package could not have been better., I just think the English reviews and the pictures on trip adviser do not do it justice.I will definately return when possible.

Room Tip: Our room was ideal, heard someone say they weren't happy with the location of their room as it w...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
clubagdal, Responsable relations publiques at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear lesley b,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina.
We are delighted to read that you spent a lovely stay at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina and that you appreciated the hotel settings, the variety and quality of food, the helpfullness of the support staff and the entertainment activities.Your kind comments will be shared with all of them and encourage us to continue focusing on the level of standards. Our goal is to create memorable experiences to all our guests and we are proud to see that we have succeeded on this special occasion.

Thank you again for your encouraging feedback , your recommandation and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcome you back at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina on your future trips to Marrakech.

Kind Regards,
Keynsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We have just returned from a 4 might stay here and we had a wonderful time, and would recommend based on our experiences.

The hotel arranged a 30 Euro pick up from the airport for us to save us the worry on arrival, and that was really helpful, but having more confidence by the time we left we got a taxi on the return journey for half the price.

All the staff at the hotel were really friendly and helpful. Couldn't fault them and there were no language issues. The welcome on arrival with a drink etc was most, well, welcoming.

Food was fine, though it was quite similar each day, but there was a lot of choice and it was all good quality. Drinks were fine also, so no complaints. It is an international all-inclusive buffet so its never going to be gourmet. We didn't try the Morrocan restaurant. I have eaten my body weight in doughnuts, mind.... mid afternoon snacks highly recommended!

Pools and leisure facilities were excellent (albeit ever so slightly cold!). Played tennis and equipment was really good. Shame indoor pool was extra, but we were given a free sauna as part of our deal.

Rooms were spacious, our 2 children were on sofa beds in adjoining room, so we all had our own space. Beds we comfy and bathrooms excellent. Can't fault them - and housekeeping arranged nightwear differently each day which was a nice touch. Shame we had to pay to use the safe in our rooms though... we stayed in Jacaranda (600s) and it was nice and quiet.

Shuttle bus service to the city was excellent - on time and always available. The hotel is 15mins journey out of town and we found that to be ideal as it was good to get away from the madness of the city to stay in our little desert oasis.

Took trip to mountains as arranged by the organiser at the hotel - again the service was excellent. We decided late on Sunday to see if we could go on Monday at 9am and despite the lady not working (day off) it was all sorted smoothly.

In all, amazing city and a really good hotel that delivered everything we wanted. Thanks to everyone who helped make our first visit to Morrocco such a wonderful one...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time posting feedback following your stay at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina to TripAdvisor users. This is a honour for us.
It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you find all the staff very friendly and helpfull. As a hotel we pride ourselves in delivering a high quality of service which is not only friendly and professional but also genuine and heartfelt.
We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Best regards,
Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

After reading some of the reviews about this hotel before we traveled, my wife and I were both apprehensive about what to expect, however, we were both very pleasantly surprised! On arrival, the reception staff were very friendly, the porters were helpful and friendly and the Animation staff were really great. It is predominantly a resort for French tourists, and along with Arabic, French is the main language. But once members of the Animation team realised we were from England, they made an extra effort to make sure that we did not feel left out in any of the events or instructions during activities that were carried out. On a daily basis, activities such as archery, shooting, volleyball, football, table tennis, tennis, French bowls, aerobics and dance classes were available. In the evening, shows were put on by the Animation team which were of a very good standard. The rooms could probably do with a lick of paint, but were very clean and looked after daily. The swimming pools and the grounds in general looked lovely and clean. The food may have been a bit repetitive, but tasty nonetheless. And drinks were available until 11:30pm. There was a shuttle to the medina on a daily basis. We stayed there for 7 nights and we are grateful for Mido, Robin, Dora, Mia, Zak and the rest of the team for making it a memorable holiday.

Room Tip: The Riad Jardin D'eau which is in the 900 range are the best...close to the pools and restaurant...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay here at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina.
It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed both our services and the attentiveness of our staff and that you found our animation team helpful and friendly. I will share your kind comments with the entire team as they are working tirelessly to make every guest feel special.
Thank you again for your compliments toward our hotel and we are very much looking forward to welcome you at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina in the very near future.

Kind Regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our first holiday with our three month old baby! Lovely hotel, room and grounds. Super friendly and helpful staff from luggage guys and reception to the chefs, waiters and the car service guy. Immaculately clean everywhere and our room service cleaners were lovely, they even folded our baby's clothes. Food was pretty good for a buffet with good choices throughout the day, though we would suggest arriving on the early side rather than leaving it too late. We were given a room close to the restaurant which was good for the baby. There is a little animal corner with goats and ducks which was cute. Lots of activities to entertain everyone with enthusiastic and genuine staff. We aren't all inclusive people but were generally impressed. The only negatives for us were that they charged for the indoor pool, hammam and gym. We would pay for treatments of course but the rest should be included.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I got back from Morocco this morning after spending 3 nights in Kenzi Club Agdal Medina, with 7 of my girlfriends. This is a hotel I would definitely recommend, from the rooms to the staff and the food provided. Loved the space and modern decor of the rooms and bathroom, the staff were so friendly and helpful, and the food was varied and delicious. I would defintely return in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
clubagdal, service qualité at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your wonderful review and for sharing your experience at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina. We are thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay and that the quality of our services was up to your expectations.We are also delighted that you appreciated the rooms and the hotel and that you found the food varied and delicious and the staff friendly and helpfull ,we've passed your feedback to everyone.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina to live through again a memorable stay.

Warm regards,

Been to Kenzi Club Agdal Medina? Share your experiences!