“Very pleased - excellent value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kenzi Club Agdal Medina

Save Saved
You added Kenzi Club Agdal Medina to your Saves list
Kenzi Club Agdal Medina
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Mohamed VI | Zone Touristique Agdal, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #171 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Brighton & Hove
“Very pleased - excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here for only 3 nights, but were very impressed.
A couple of website state this as a 5-star hotel - it is more 4-star, but a very very good 4-star.
The grounds are beautifully done, and rooms are very comfortable - a lovely bathroom suites and an excellent bed.
For All Inclusive, the food was good - lots of choice and of good quality - even my very fussy veggie friend said it was good!
Beer, wine, Coke Zero (proper Coke!) and water are offered as you sit down, and you are given a full bottle which is nice, rather than usual all inclusive plastic beakers.
The poolbar is open all day - the cocktails are a bit sugary but fine!
Generally the staff are pleasant, particularly helpful on the reception desk.
The entertainment staff are fun, but the entertainment did burn out quite early in the evening - probably because we were a bit out of season and the hotel wasn't that busy.
But this meant the hotel pool areas were lovely and quiet - and it was still very hot. I'd recommend coming in early October!
There is a free shuttle bus to the centre, which you need to book a place on in advance, and the onsite Morrocan restaurant (£10 extra) is well worth visiting just for something a bit different to the buffet.
For the price we paid, it was brilliant value, and we would definitely come again - no need to pay for a more expensive hotel really as this did the job nicely. No idea where the bad reviews have come from.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
clubagdal, Service Qualité at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Client,

Thanks for you for your review.

We Hope to see you very soon with us in your vacancy Club Kenzi Agdal Medina.

Best regards,

2,134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Arabic first
Banbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The staff manage to create a friendly atmosphere that all the guests join in with, creating a very happy enviroment. The food was good for buffet style with plenty of choice and the wine and beer flows generously on the all inclusive package. There is lots of room around both pools and reserving sun loungers with towels is not allowed. The only criticism would be the volume of the music from the young animation team, but this may be just down to my age. The experience was so good I will be looking at other Kenzi hotels for our next holiday.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had the most amazing week with my mother here at the end of September. I am an experienced traveller and must say this hotel deserves a 10/10. The attention to detail- even as far as fresh rose petals on our bed sheets daily; and the friendly and attentive staff, especially the holiday reps, who went out of their way to make it such a fun trip. One rep in particular Rabia Sebbane is an absolute star- he created such a fun atmosphere and made my mother who he called "mama" feel so welcome and encouraged her to have fun out of her comfort zone- dancing and taking part in daily activities by the pool. Rabia deserves a promotion, he carries the team! The atmosphere at this resort was electric. So much entertainment- the fire show being my favourite. It was amazing how everyone from young to old stayed up for evening entertainment; no need to go out looking for entertainment as theres somuch in the hotel. Food was lovely- menu changed every evening so you know its all fresh.

Room Tip: perfect location, not far from restaurant. I'd say have your free ham an steam just before your...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
clubagdal, Service Qualité at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear client,

Thank you for your review and your confidence.

We are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay.

Waiting to welcome you again in your vacation club Kenzi Club Agdal Medina.

Best regards.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Booked this for great price of £368 for 5 nights in October. Didn't expect much for the money and having read some reviews was expecting something mediocre but adequate as a base for my trip. How wrong I was! Resort was beautifully maintained, clean and peaceful and tasteful. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Animation Team were amazing: worked tirelessly to put on entertainment day and night and multi skilled. If you didn't want to participate they left you alone but never failed to say hello and ask if you were ok when passing you. Relaxation pool was huge and really disabled friendly, I have mobility issues and it was perfect for me. Moroccan restaurant was lovely and musician and waiter friendly and made a great atmosphere. Buffet restaurant was large, clean and good mix of local and international dishes. Agree with comments that resort is very French orientated but that is Morocco! We shouldn't assume as Brits that the whole world should speak English to a high standard, if you travel you should expect to try the language! In truth most staff could speak basic English and you can always get by with a smile and gestures! My only suggestions for improvement for this hotel are: stock the fridge with drinks and snacks (it is all inclusive after all and would make life easier) and make check-in a bit smoother. We were greeted by mint tea and cold towels on check-in but the process was a little confused with different people dealing with different parts of the process. Plus side was our room was ready on arrival and they moved room for me owing to my disability which was good. I usually stay in Riads so wasn't sure I would like this experience but it was great and I would definitely return and highly recommend. Don't miss the spa, it's gorgeous.

Room Tip: Choose rooms near to the pools as this is close to restaurants also and resort is big so you will we...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I just stayed in this hotel this month for three days. Previous reviews had complained about (1) lack of English, and (2) same food everyday. The Kenzi Club seems to have paid attention. I found 90% of the staff I dealt with having at least a modicum of English-speaking capability. I did not have any problem getting help anywhere on the property.

Regarding food, It is a buffet for three meals a day, along with mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks (although I never found the mid-morning snack - it must be in a different location from the mid-afternoon snack). (1) they now have Spanish night, Mexican night, etc. Some things are always the same, e.g., a pasta bar, where they have two set sauces, bolognaise and cream, and you can add any vegetables they offer (about a dozen), to create your own sauce. They also had three set sauces/pasta combinations each night (already fully prepared pasta dishes). (2) full salad bar, (3) three types of pizza each night; (4) probably 15 types of desserts (all miniature versions) - some are great and some just so-so; therefore, take only one of each because they all look great; they also have 4 flavors of ice cream (gelato) (5) about 6-7 cold Moroccan salads - all very tasty; (6) two types of fish each night - although my girlfriend (Chinese) thought one of them was virtually tasteless, (7) meat entrees were very limited, e.g., first night we had steak and lamb and beef liver; the beef liver was fantastic because of all the Moroccan spices - it didn't taste like liver at all! Second night was steak and chicken; third night was turkey steak and something else I can't remember. Thus, the meat dishes, while okay are very limited each night. They expect you to fill up on other things, which I didn't mind. The fresh fruit was limited; usually apples and one other thing at dinner; sometimes had honey dew and grapes. In all, the food offerings/selections were HUGE! The only bad thing was that 50% of the desserts didn't taste like much.

You also have to be careful and watch the desserts even when you get your first plates of food - the tastier ones run out fast! Also, anything made with pistachios was great, whether mousse, ice cream, or in a tangine/salad.

The hotel is excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed everything. October is the best time to go: 80 degrees fahrenheit during the day (no humidity) and 70 degrees at night. You can sit outside on their huge patio to eat and we did - it was so nice. We shared a bottle of Moroccan wine (free) each night. They offer red, white, and rose. It was a lot better than many cabernet sauvignons I've had. You can buy higher priced imported wines if you wish.

They have an independent tour guide on the premises offering either dromedary (camel) or dune buggy treks. We chose the camel (dirhams 250 each) and had a huge amount of fun. They say the entire trip is 3 hours (including 1/2 hour travel back and forth each way). However, we spent 2.5 hours (including about 20 minutes at a rest stop). Thus, you are actually riding a camel for a full two hours!! They gave us Arab head scarves, so we all looked like Lawrence of Arabia. If you go on this tour, be sure to (1) go in the morning, so (2) you can take a picture of your shadow on the sand.

The hotel minibus is free and runs almost constanty to the Medina (last trip is 6:30 pm) - it's only about a 7 minute ride - stopping only 10 feet from a KFC and across the street from the main plaza. Once you get off the bus, many guides will try to get your business. One taxi driver offered to take us around the city for Dirhams 200 for 2 hours. I negotiated and got 3 hours for that price. Do not take the horse and carriages - they will be too slow if you are interested in actually going into any of the palaces/museums.

They have entertainment each night. We were there Friday - Sunday. Friday's entertainment was the best. I think most people check out by Sunday noon, so the entertainment and food reflect that. In all, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I have been 2 years running to this hotel. We had a great time in both 2011 and 2012.The staff were very helpful and we had a waiter called "Rachid" who could not do enough, not just for us but to all the people that were on holiday there. He made a big effort to provide a very good service throughout our holidays, and always made us very welcome and always had a smile. Nothing was to much trouble for Rachid and the rest of the staff. The room was very clean and again the cleaners always said good morning. We will be going back to this hotel and did not have any complaints about the hotel or the staff, they all worked very hard and gave it there best. Thank you Rachid for your support with a great service. We are looking at taking our family next year.

Room Tip: No comment, our rooms were good
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
clubagdal, Service Qualité at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear client,

Thank you for your review and your confidence.

We are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay.

Waiting to welcome you again in your vacation club Kenzi Club Agdal Medina.

Best regards.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is lovely and excellently maintained by staff. The food was good, better than other buffet style meals that I have had, however there was not a lot of variety. Breakfast was particularly good in my opinion. There are two large pools, which was perfect as we did not want to be sunbathing with a lot of kids, so we lounged in the pool without the big slides. The service is good, but the waiters required small tips to ensure that you were looked after promptly. Unfortunately I was mugged while walking 200km from the hotel (not a typical experience according to the hotel and the local police) but the hotel staff were incredibly compassionate and they accompanied me for 2 hours while making the necessary police reports. They helped in any way possible and checked on my every day for the remainder of my stay to ensure that I was okay. The nurse in the hotel was very useful for minor cuts and bumps that we got while using the slide or playing sport etc. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely return myself.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Kenzi Club Agdal Medina? Share your experiences!