Only just got back after 7 day stay at this hotel. And unfortunately we've had trouble with the reception staff from the beginning, please be prepared if you do not speak a word of French you'll not be treated well, the staff were really unhelpful, and rude! As soon as they realise you don't speak a word of French, they attitude changed instantly ! We checked in at about 9pm and found that we were allocated a wheelchair access room - not that there is any problem with that - but had no bath-only a wet room and 2 single beds (was visiting with my boyfriend) which I did not like, so went and explained that I'd like to change the room , after a rude "WHY" was told I have to wait until the next day to see if they have another room to move us to. Which happened - got a proper bathroom , but still was left with 2 single beds. No kettle in room either - which I was really missing. Apart from that rooms were clean and tidy and spacious.
Food was ok, very 'French' orientated, various pastries and breads for breakfast, pizza and pasta as standard for lunch and dinners and all the rest depended on what theme was on ... Overall OK, always something to nibble on and never left the dining room hungry.
Tried the orangina restaurant, be aware you have to pay to eat there- really silly and really not worth it to be honest! All that was served there was available in the canteen anyway so I don't see any reason why should anyone pay 100dih per person to eat there- you need to book this at the reception and when we did there was no mentioning of paying extra only found out when we were leaving the restaurant (it's added to your room bill) ...!
Bus to the medina is for free and you need to book it a day in advance, this was good !
You will have to pay to use the gym too - my partner and his friend paid 200dih per person to use it for 5 days, again this should be included in the all inclusive in my opinion...
Poolside was lovely with plenty of sunbeds. Entertainment staff were lovely - unlike the reception staff - a lot of different activities were on throughout the day, however if you wanted to play anything after 17:30 - NO CHANCE - which I thought was a bit odd and disappointing !
Bar staff were ok, always smiling and chatty, but very careful with the drinks, we were a party of 4 and rarely would they serve us more than 4 drinks at the time , in fact most of the time they refused - all inclusive I think I could have as many drinks as I want, but hey! They also stop serving at 23:30
Overall , it's a good hotel, and we got it at a good price, so can't really complain! Only thing I would change is the staff attitude and the needless charges for stuff that should be included in the price, apart from that I give it 3.5, but I don't think I'd be returning here in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Club Agdal Medina Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Club Agdal Medina Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A pioneer in its category. This hotel-club provides a full range of activities together with the best contemporary design by architect Imaad Rahmouni. Modernism and discovery can be shared by families or friends, in one of the best leisure hotels in Morocco, located by the Atlas Mountains, in the middle of 10 hectares centenarian olive trees.Accommodation 9 riads 254 double or triple rooms (32 m²) and 60 suites (53 m²) – all with private balcony . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda, Priceline, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Kenzi Club Agdal Medina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.