“Best Holiday I have ever had in Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kenzi Club Agdal Medina

You added Kenzi Club Agdal Medina to your Saves list
Kenzi Club Agdal Medina
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Mohamed VI | Zone Touristique Agdal, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #185 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Best Holiday I have ever had in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed at the Kenzi Club Agdal for two weeks originally booked into the Eden Antalou but due to the big “Kiss” event we were pushed to the Kenzi. I am so glad. I cannot say enough great things about our stay here – it is a holiday in paradise that I will always remember. But here is the low down to help you:

Rooms – Good size, very clean – great housekeeping, Modern. The only bad thing is that you have to pay for the use of the safe maybe management could look into having this service for free.

Food – I never went hungry – considering I was there for 2 weeks I would have usually been bored of choices but there was always something that tickled my fancy, they catered for every choice especially Lunch and Dinner.. There was always a choice of Moroccan, pasta, pizza, grilled fish, grilled meat, salad bar deserts. It’s a wonder I didn’t come back much fatter. They have a pancake bar that opens at 4pm near the pool which was very lovely too! We sat in a regular spot for 2 weeks in the restaurant and therefore had the same staff that learned our names and drinks after a couple of days. Very polite and very professional.

Pools – choice of two pools one where the main activities take place and then another which was much quieter and a place to relax. Excellent choices of where to sit/lay down, covered bed type sunbeds and standard - plenty to choose from! close to the pool OR further away if wished. Although my mother stayed in the relaxing pool I was often bouncing back and forth between the two which leads me to my next point:

Activities – there seriously couldn’t have been any more choice or variety! This made my day times so much fun that there was always something to do! The team were never pushy but they were so full of life and joy that you “wanted” to be a part of it. Volleyball, basketball, golf, poker, ping pong, boxing (watch Mido he beat the cr*p out of me at boxing but excellent teacher and pushed me), archery, water polo, belly dancing, shisha, darts, French boulles, tennis, water side dancing and fun, cooking classes!

Animation Team – The best animation team I have ever come across. This hotel has got it right. The current team work so well with each other it’s like watching a family. They are very talented and very friendly and you just loved seeing them every day. The shows they put on every night were outstanding. Better than any I have ever seen in any other hotel. They ranged from the funny to the contemporary to just fun dancing. They really got you involved in the fun and games of the dancing and I have to say now I am back I truly miss this as part of my evening’s entertainment. Shows start around 10 but there is always something going on leading up to this.

Animation Team special Mentions – 1st on my list is the crazy yet professional and friendly Spider. That boy can seriously dance and entertain. He was great with ALL guests of all nationality and ages from the old to the children. He went out of his way to show me and my mum a good time and I was very impressed at just how far is talent extended. If Spider doesn’t get you up and dancing then no one can! If you are going out to Kenzi any time soon – look for him – he is the one with the crazy hair and the funny face lol Spider is also the best Archery teacher I have ever had – make it a point to do Archery with him. 2nd on My list is Aziz – a true professional – Aziz got you involved in sports you have always dreaded because you were scared the ball would hit you in the face (Volleyball). Aziz was so friendly and truly spent the time to make you feel part of the team. I have to Mention next the Choreographer of the shows – Yassir – He is a true gentleman and it’s no wonder he has been with the hotel for so long – what a professional. His talent dancing knows no bounds. Yassir greeted you with a hug and a smile every morning and every other guest I spoke to only had great remarks about this guy. DJ Sam was just such fun – great music and a really pleasant guy. Mia – what a sweetheart – amazing dancer, lovely girl and a great dance teacher. I shall not continue going through ALL of the team – I would be here for days – they are simply all amazing and saying goodbye to them was the hardest part – they are what made my holiday a truly wonderful experience. I would like to see the hotel show more appreciation to them if I am honest, these guys start at 9am and do not finish until nearly midnight, with 3 hours rehearsals in-between, they only get a couple of hours to themselves each day – they must be seriously commended for their abundance of energy and zest for life , they love their jobs and it shows. They will make your stay the best you have ever had.

Kids Club – WOW – I have never seen a kids club so organized and well looked after. If you are going as a family I would recommend your kids go to the mini club, Omar and the team do such a fab job with them, they always seem so well behaved and have such fun, the hotel are doing something right with the current set up. On an extra plus side to the adults it means no screaming kids around the poolside – only us naughty adults splashing about!

Bar Staff - I found 99% of the bar staff to be absolutely amazing, whether they spoke great English or not I made it my business to order using the little French I know and they were always so attentive and helpful. There was one bar man (not the main manager who did an amazing job with my mum when she got poorly) he was pretty rude to me and my mother whenever I asked for a bottle of water (I drink around 3 litres a day and he refused me a bottle and told me to use the machines around the pool which meant I would have to visit them like 20 times a day) in the end he started letting me have the water but always grumbled and towards the end didn’t even greet me with a hello when I came to the bar. However the rest of the staff were more than happy to help regardless of their boss’s attitude.

Reception – yes I realize there are a lot of people on here who say there isn’t much positive attitude at reception or the lack of English – I kept going to the younger guy whose English was great although I did struggle when the girl spoke to me, she didn’t do a bad job by any means, I think I could have used my French better!

Onsite Shop - My only bad point about the Kenzi is the shop onsite – an absolute rip off – way over priced – wanted to charge me £5 for a standard lipsol and they charged me 175 Dirhams for the most basic and useless lilo I have ever bought – BRING YOUR OWN! The older lady in the shop was rude and wasn’t much help when I had to take the 1st lilo back after it immediately started going down when I 1st purchased it. The younger lady in the shop was a great help!

If you are a smoker and run out and the shop is closed – Reception sell cigs all hours of day/night.

Gym – way over priced but because im an avid trainer I paid for it. Its 100 Dirhams PER session or 200 per week. ALSO the opening times are completely wack. 9am-7pm. In most hotels I have been to the gym opens at 6am so you can train before breakfast and before your day starts. Because the gym closes so early you have to cut your pool time down to 6pm just to squeeze the hour in. Management need to change this pronto to 6am-8pm.

I cannot say a big enough thank you to everyone at the Kenzi who made my stay so special. This was a birthday present from my mum and they made my birthday the best I have ever had. I was sung Happy Birthday about 10 times in all sorts of languages throughout the day and there was even a pool party and early Mojitos.

I would recommend this hotel for families, friends, and couples even if you were to go alone you would soon make friends. My advice – make sure you get involved in as much as possible – it transforms your holiday.

I shall return for my next birthday – I only hope it’s the same animation team as they work so well together – the hotel need to work to keep them and are VERY lucky they have them. I would very much like them to pass on this praise to their team because they deserve to know how happy they make peoples holidays.

If anyone has any questions please let me know I will be happy to help.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Arabic first
Oldham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Loved this place from the minute we arrived. We booked it ages in advance and had forgotten it was all inclusive so that was a bonus. all the food was spot on, apart from if you had the last bits in the tray of the buffet, they were a bit cold, but just wait until it fills up again. Huge selection of european and moroccan food. Drinks flowed easily, even though the cocktails were made with squash instead of fruit juice but at this price who can complain. I loved the fact that adults went on the waterslide too, that was the height of my enjoyment lol. The 4 poster sunbeds were brilliant too, so comfortable and the curtains were necessary to block out some of the 40degree sun! All the entertainment crew were fantastic, I loved their dancing and they all looked like they were enjoying themselves unlike some of the miserable staff you get in Europe. They had a cookery class too which was great (in French but easy enough to understand with school level french) and I made la pastille when I came home and it was perfect! Al the staff everywhere are polite, helpful and happy. Can't fault the place.
Thanks for a great holiday

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I came to here for a week in the middle of June with my family. We booked the deal last minute and actually based much of our decision on reviews that we saw on Tripadvisor. We chose the all inclusive option as we were looking for a week of complete relaxation - and that is exactly what we got. This hotel is perfectly designed for couples, young people and families as there is something for everyone. This is possibly one of the best relaxation breaks that we have ever had as we didn't have to worry about anything.

I wasn't feeling very well when we first arrived at Marrakech airport, so it was great that hotel was only a short distance away from the airport. All I wanted to do was sleep - I was sharing a room with my sister and the room was really spacious and my bed was really comfortable. It would be good if the hotel organised airport transfers as we had to do this separately.

The food was fantastic. There was a great variety which changed slightly everyday so there was something for everyone. There was also themed nights which we got to taste freshly prepared food from all over the world. The Moroccan night was my personal favourite.

During the day there was always something going on - I like the fact that there were two outdoor swimming pools - one was the quieter pool which is where we spent most of our time and the other was louder and this is where activities such as water polo, aqua gym, darts, belly dancing and more were taking place. It was possible to therefore choose whether we wanted to relax or take part in the activities that were going on. In some hotels that I have previously stayed in - I have felt forced to take part in activities by the animation/entertainment team. Here it was not the case! - the entertainment team is the best that I have ever seen. There were attentive and always smiling.

Continuing with the entertainment team - I enjoyed getting involved with the darts lesson with Ayub, poker with Mouss and cooking with Yousef! I learnt a lot in the cooking lessons and will be certainly trying out some of the things now that I am back home! I also didn't know how to play poker very well until I played with Mouss and got involved with his poker lesson. My game has certainly improved.

The entertainment during the day was on going and so there was no chance to get bored and it continued well into the night as well. At 7pm there was live singing which was lovely as well as music from DJ Sam too. The shows that were put on were just amazing - the dancing was incredible and the fire show that was put on one night was just WOW.

There is a nightclub in the hotel which is good if you don't want to go to bed at half 11! The music was great and it was possible to put in requests for the songs that you wanted to hear. There is no clubbing on a Sunday night though!

I used the hotel gym everyday - this was good in terms of the equipment available. They do need stronger air conditioning though because on the days when it was extremely hot - the gym did become a bit like a sauna. The cost of the gym is not part of the all inclusive deal. It is about £16 extra for the whole week.

The reception staff were not very helpful and they were not able to speak very good English - this could be improved and is the only complaint that I have about the hotel.

This hotel is somewhere that we will certainly come back to in the future when we are looking for a relaxing break in the sun.

Thanks for a great week!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
clubagdal, Service qualité at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear client,

Thank you for your review and your confidence.

we are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay

Waiting to welcome you again in your vacation club Kenzi Club Agdal Medina.

Best regards.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. We loved just about everything including the choice of food, the spacious bedrooms, the fact that it is so near to the airport, the swimming pools, as well as the entertainment.

There is a massive selection of food - breakfast seemed to be the same, but about 20% of the food changed each lunchtime and at night.

The hotel is about 10 minutes from the airport, so is very conveniently located in terms of transfer times. The hotel doesn't currently arrange transfers, but this could be something that might be useful for some travellers? We used Travel Republic, but there are taxis, which might be competitive in price for 3 people or less.

We were so impressed by the entertainment team! Throughout the day, there were always things going on - golf, poker, aqua-aerobics, archery, boxing, dancing, darts, arabic classes etc, so there's not really anytime to get bored! We particularly enjoyed poker and golf with "Mouss", as well as the cooking lessons with Youssef.

You can see that the entertainment team put a lot of effort in to their shows which start at 10pm most evenings - we saw a couple of dance shows and an amazing fire show. The team seem to be very enthusiastic and try hard to get the audience involved, which we appreciated.
Thank you to DJ Sam who played all the songs that we requested.

We spent a lot of time by the swimming pool and the facilities around the pools are excellent - toilets, sunbeds, drinks, parasols and towels.

As other people have mentioned, the reception staff, some of the waiting staff and one of the bar men (in the evening bar) really could use some help at being more helpful/friendly. That's our only negative.

We would recommend this hotel without a doubt, and we will most likely be back again in the future for another break.

Dear Client,

Thanks for you for your review.

We are pleased to know that you had a very nice stay in The Kenzi Club Agdal Medina.

We Hope to see you very soon with us in your vacancy Club Kenzi Agdal Medina.

Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel has manny things you will like ! :) The price is excellent , the rooms are verry nice and
the food is verry good. If you like animation you will find your thing here !
2 pools with one big tobogan . You have the posseblity to some sports and every day you can lern to cook ore make some fresh tea.
The drinks (whiskey gin etc) are B brands , and we d'dint like them. The beer and wine are good.
the rooms are well cleaned !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Client,

Thanks for you for your review.

We Hope to see you very soon with us in your vacancy Club Kenzi Agdal Medina.

Bagshot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Wow.....amazing hotel, the entertainers were fantastic, all staff except reception were amazing. Reception struggled to speak English and help with our rooms (14 of us in 4 rooms was a struggle for them).
The events team were brilliant from 10am until well we partied through the night!!
This hotel is for anyone from couples through to large families its awesome

Room Tip: Go for the suits