“Fantastic, could not fault” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kenzi Club Agdal Medina

Save Saved
You added Kenzi Club Agdal Medina to your Saves list
Kenzi Club Agdal Medina
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Mohamed VI | Zone Touristique Agdal, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #173 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Southampton, UK
“Fantastic, could not fault”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've just got back from a four day break with two friends and I could not give this hotel a better review. I can only presume that the people who have described the staff as unfriendly and useless were not friendly to the staff themselves. We made every effort to speak French to them, why should they speak English - this is not Europe! The rooms and grounds were immaculate. The food was Moroccan, it's Morocco!! If you are dubious about the food there is always bread, cheese, eggs, chips (if you must) so you will not go hungry. The wine is nice. The cocktails in the main bar are pretty good. Yes, it does take a long time to get anything done but have you never been to Spain?? The staff here, and in fact, everyone in Marrakech, are in no rush so just chill, enjoy the fantastic weather, all inclusive food and drinks, stunning locations, clean rooms and give them time to do their job without complaining every five minutes.
Every single member of staff was hugely helpful and fun. The entertainment staff really made this holiday for us. If you want to get involved in activities do it, you might even enjoy yourself. Treat them with the respect that they deserve and you will not be let down. We are already arranging to come again next year with our families. This place would be great for children of all ages. We felt so safe here which is why I can't understand some of the bad reviews. We left our mobiles, expensive camera, money and room cards on our sunbeds whilst swimming and nothing at all went missing.
If you want to snap your fingers at the staff and get everything rushed over to you - try France! If you want to have a relaxing, fun, entertaining and very friendly experience try this hotel. You will not be disapointed. I have had such an amazing four days, Huge thanks to the animation team for the entertainment, I have never laughed so much in my life!
Like I said, I cannot fault this place and I really can't understand the bad reviews at all. The staff aren't moody or rude. Just try treating them with respect, try speaking French to them and learn their names and you will be treated as well as we were!

2,091 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Arabic first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

My honeymoon stay at this hotel was very upsetting. The reception staff are moody and very rude and when it comes to asking for clean towels you will end up waiting for 4 hours till you get a response. My suitecase was also broken into and wifes was tampered with upon arrival when I checked in as they were looking after the luggage all valued items were taken. When speaking to the manager Nabeel he knew it was the staff responsible for the breakin but reckons the cctv only records for 3 days and cant do anything about it. As a couple we felt unsafe leaving any items in the hotel room when we went out as when we did return our items in the rooms were moved around and sometimes even missing. Dont trust the cleaners or security or any staff working in the kenzi club agdal medina hotel. Bad experience wouldnt advise couples to book the hotel. Food in the restrurant was uncooked and was the same everyday we were there. We had all inclusive but due to the bad food had to order takeouts by getting taxis everyday which is also a pain as rates are never fixed and if you dont haggle it down they will rip you off tourist prices as they call it. Overall bad honeymoon experience and wouldnt recommend this hotel rather stay in the medina.

• Stayed October 2012
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I am actually staying at this hotel as I write this review. 12th October. We arrived on the 10th in the morning and were sat in reception and given a welcome drink of cold lemonade which was lovely we had to fill out forms which we needed a little help with (wording a bit confusing), and then told to go and sit at the pool bar whilst we waited for our rooms to be ready which we did. As the flight took of from gatwick at 6.25 am and we were all up from around 2am, we were all hungry but unfortunately, the restaurant did not open for another hour and the bar food was covered in flys! So breakfast was beer and cocktails that were not anything we recognised. Eventually we returned to reception to get our room keys (rooms 900 &902). The rooms both smelt of sewerage and seemed a bit dark. We decided to go to lunch when we got back to our rooms we found 5 cockroaches so immediately returned to reception and asked to be moved (I took a cockroach with me). The reception manager changed our room strait away.
So far we have visited the old town we opted for a personal guide which was great we paid 300dinah and bought him lunch he stayed with us for about 5 hours it was very good. The food at the hotel is plentiful but average in choice and quality our favourite meal is breakfast. The coffee is not good and not a costa in site help! The staff are a mixture of friendly and rude unfortunately some appear to be more interested in their mobile phones than the guests which is very rude. I would remove all their phones during working hours. The spa was not a good experience I have visited many and this one really only caters for people who can speak French which means the manicure and pedicure was very boring and the atmosphere a bit strained not pleasant and not cheap my sister had a manicure and tried to explain that the beautician was cutting her and the girl tutted in response. When the manicure was finished 4 of her fingers were bleeding! Needles to say we cancelled everything else we had booked.
So far There has been I a disco every night I have not had any sleep and now have a headache because I can here it from my room when I went to reception to complain the girl laughed. We paid £395 each all inclusive through an on line site for one week. To be honest I am glad we did not pay more I would not stay here again and would not recommend it. Too many flys on the food and by the pool so you can't relax which is a shame because the pool area is lovely the entertainment people seem lovely and the chambermaids are friendly, the rest of the staff is hit and miss. The grounds are lovely the room we have now is ok but noisy at night. No shops near by and the one on site is very expensive. I await the rest of the week with baited breath to see if things improve.

Room Tip: Do not take 900 or 902 and any room in that block, if your room is not good complain strait away to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
aylesbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Just spent 5 days at this lovely hotel, staff very friendly and even though French is their first language they all made an effort to speak to us in English. Our room was a good size and cleaned daily, food was lovely and well presented, we had a great time soaking up the sunshine and not doing a lot.

Room Tip: We requested a room not on the ground floor and in a quiet location, got exactly what we asked for...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Worksop, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed 4 nights at this hotel. The staff couldn't do enough for you. Very friendly with most speaking some English. The hotel itself was very well laid out and our room was of an excellent standard. The food was varied and right up my street. Will definately return and have made some lovely friends. Can't wait to return.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

As you drive along Avenue Mohammed VI you see what appears to be a prison complex on your right hand side, as you approach you realise it is your hotel.

However once inside the 15 foot walls it's like an oasis in the desert.

At the time of writing this review, Oct 2012, the Kenzi Club is in the middle of a vast open area of development, so the sound of construction workers at 7am is a slight issue, but shouldn't spoil your stay.

The hotel appears to be built on an old olive grove because throughout the hotel there are very old olive trees in neat lines. I didn't ask about this, but I find it hard to believe such old trees would have survived being disturbed and replanted.
The grounds are beautifully laid out and the ground staff clearly take a pride in the whole appearance, even sweeping the paths first thing in the morning. The shrubs are manicured and the palms trimmed. The grass is cut and the rose beds neatly dug.

Iced lemonade greets you upon arrival and the multi lingual reception staff are able to answer all your questions. A golf buggy takes your luggage, and you, if you wish to your room. The rooms are quite spacious and there are rose petals on the bed, a bottle of wine and some sweets.

One big negative for me was that the gym was in the Spa area and you had to pay an additional charge to use the Spa, so hence a charge to use the gym. Very bad. I thought this was totally un-neccessary. I therefore chose not to use the gym, which was a shame because for me, that was one reason to choose the hotel. It was only 100DH per day, but for me it was the principle.....call me petty if you wish.

I didn't use room service.

The hotel has a predominantly French clientelle, some English and a few Spanish.

The restaurant is laid out buffet style for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There were always a wide selection of dishes, tagines, salads, fruit, deserts. Some better than others...take your pick. I wouldn't call it 5 star, but it was adequate. Some things were cooked fresh for you upon request.
Smoking was permittted on the open terrace of the restaurant, I sat inside, fewer flies and cooler.

Restaurant service was very good, so were the bars. All staff were very pleasant and eager to help. The quality of beer was surprisiingly good. No tomato juice for Bloody Mary's though, so stick to Screwdrivers.

The pools are great, the terrace areas around them is spacious, free towels upon request.

Entertainment each night.....the French love line dancing and generally getting involved. The English a little less so.

Because of the location of the hotel, you need a taxi ride to get to the city / medina / sgaure / souks. There are traders in the hotel, but you must barter very hard because you can usually buy the same for less in town. There is so much competition it REALLY is a buyers market. Be prepared to walk away because the next trader / shop / stall will want your business just as badly.

There is a basket ball court, table tennis, agua aerobics, water flumes, small football pitch, tennis, golf driving net (I'm not a golfer) and boules (if that's how it's spelled)

Overall a good experience and once inside the hotel the grounds are wonderful, quite romantic even.
The whole place is very clean and inviting.
Certainly worth staying here if he are considering a trip to Marrakesh.

Room Tip: Ask for room which faces one of the pathways. This will ensure you are not facing the exterior 15 fo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
East Molesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just arrived back after spending 3 nights at this hotel and It was fantastic. The staff were friendly, efficient, and extremely patient ( we were a group of 13 women !). The food was varied in the restaurant and of a good standard. During the day the animation team were there providing aqua aerobics (very good instructor) , yoga and other acitivies. They were great fun in the evening as well. It is predominately french speaking , however some can speak a little English and it certainly wasn't a problem for any of us. It is out of the town centre which again wasnt a problem as there is a free shuttle bus to the Souk and cabs back were around 50 Dirham.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Kenzi Club Agdal Medina? Share your experiences!