“Great experience with style, with one of the best massages we have ever had” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Bain Bleu

Le Bain Bleu
32 Derb Chorfa Lakbir, Marrakech 40008, Morocco
+212 5244 26 999
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 73 Spas & Wellness in Marrakech
More attraction details
Owner description: The hammam, source of oriental beauty, is an age-old ritual whose secrets and traditions spell relaxation and well- being. Its magical properties will waft you away into other worlds, delighting mind and body alike in an atmosphere heady with the scents of eucalyptus, marjoram and rose oils, soft music floating in the air to lull you into meditation.Relaxation as you’ve never experienced it before!
Paris, France
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Great experience with style, with one of the best massages we have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Well hidden at the end of small street (you better ask someone to show you), there is a real treasure of Marrakech's Medina.
One of the best, if not The best hammam and massage I have ever had. Decoration combines traditional decor, with hammam underground, with some newness and modernity (eg. nice and interesting photos).

What is beauty, it's spacious enough, still they limit a lot number of people inside, so you have nice Impression of privacy. But for the same reason it is absolutely necessary to book in advance. We had private hammam with my wife, hammam very clean, well kept. The 2 ladies knowing what they were doing. But this was nothing compared to what was waiting us just after. First they had no problem to change men as masseur who was prepared for me for women masseuse
Second both me and my wife were discussing whether it was The best massage or "only" one of the bests, knowing that massage is something we are allowing ourselves at any possible occasion all around the world.

So, at the and I would really recommend this spa, it's not the cheapest but it's worth every dirham.

Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience with sweet staff and nice surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I booked in for a traditional hammam and ghasoul wrap. Although we had not specifically booked for a duo treatment we were treated in the same room which was nice; and the therapist for my husband was female so no awkwardness for me there. I hadn't had a hammam before (or even a massage back home) so I don't have much to compare it to, but for me as a novice it was a great experience. The stone in the hammam was really warm and it was a very comfortable place to relax. The scrub itself was thorough without being uncomfortable - the therapists are skillfull and automatically adjust the pressure based on the customer (my husband said he was srcubbed much more). My therapist was also very careful of my sun burnt bits. We did not feel rushed at any point and while the booking is for 45 minutes, with relaxation time etc we we're there for over an hour. The spa provide lockers and a hairdryer and brush in the female changing room, which is very welcome. We felt it was good value at 250 Dhm each.

London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“centrally located, accessible nice surroundings, great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

very central, although tricky to find
clean and lovely surroundings
hammam was a must have experience

Como, Italy
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Nothing so special!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Nothing so special as read on internet.
It is really difficult to find it and the prices are high as another luxury hamman visited some days before, but it has nothing to do!
We had to wait around one hour between the hamman and massage because they have not enough space and staff.
The relax area is always crowed and some time you have to wait standing.
They not accept credit card

lebainbleu, Propietario at Le Bain Bleu, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
First of all we are very dissapointed that you didn't enjoy your relaxing moment at Le Bain Bleu Hammam and we thank you for your opinion. We are attentive to the opinions of our customers and that is why we wanted to send a reply to your comments.
In fact we do have access quite hidden but just 4 minutes walking form de square Jema el Fnaa, Although is important to remember that we are in the Old Medina of Marrakech, wich itself is already a hidden and labyrinthine place. Let us tell you that if any customer asks us we pick you up on any place the need to help them to access to our Hammam.

We are very serious compliance times but when there are customers who arrive with a considerable delay we try to give them the service but obviously they have to wait a little longer until we can make a space on our planning.

Finally I can confirm you that we do accept payment by credit card for several years.

The direction of Le Bain Bleu
London
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 279 helpful votes
“Best hammam in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Most tourists don't know about this hammam and we only found out, because someone's mum at our riad goes there.

We had a very good hammam treatment and massage. The decoration is nice, traditional Moroccan and the service very good.

We paid 1,100 Dhiram for the two of us and consider it money well spent for 1 hour and 45mins of pampering.

Visited April 2012