“Excellent value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #252 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
Great Missenden, United Kingdom
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel was very clean and all the staff were lovely and couldn't do enough for you. The pool is small and only has the sun for about 4 hours per day but that was more than enough for us. We visited for a rest and the hotel was very peaceful and quiet. The food is basic but adequate but the portions are generous. If there was one area I could fault was that the chef could be a bit more adventurous. The hotel is in a residential area but close to the new shopping mall with cafes and restaurants. The square is a fair walk away but the taxis are very cheap. All in all it is a great base away from the hustle and bustle to explore the area. This hotel is great value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Overall nothing bad to say. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable (Although firm if that bothers you). Air conditioned rooms and even a couple of English TV Channels. We were lucky enough to have been approached on our second day to receive an upgrade to a room with a balcony. There is no view (except of peoples apartments) but we liked that we could sit out at night or hang clothes out to dry in the sun.
Breakfast was ok. It was open early enough to accommodate long day trips. Coffee/tea, seasonal fruit (just watermelon while we were there), yogurt, 2 types of cereal and 4 hot dishes (scrambled & boiled eggs, two types of hot breads), as well as some pastries. It was enough for us but after 7 days the lack of selection was starting to get a little old.
The pool was small as other reviewers have mentioned but there was rarely anyone actually swimming in it??? I am not a sun worshipper, but I imagine you would have to get out early to claim a bed if you are.
Lastly, the location was great, in my opinion. It cost the equivalent to about 2 euros to get a taxi to the main square (although you always have to barter for this rate, a bit more $$ at night) Trust me, if you aren't used to the atmosphere in the Souks, you will be happy to be able to get away after a couple of hours of being lost.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tregaron, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Good value for money, clean and comfortable.Situated in the new part of town with it's good shops and restaurants but quite a walk to the square but taxi's are cheap. Wi-fi was available in the lobby but not in the room. My daughter and I only stayed the one night but overall we were pleased with our choice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Very clean and efficient hotel. Has small swimming pool which is great to have breakfast next to.
Really couldn't find fault with the hotel and the staff. Would recommend and stay there again for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Swindon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Well where do I begin I know on arrival
dinner advised by lowcostholidays as buffet was a photo copy 2 choose menu
Very bad food ... Breakfast was minimal ..... No alcoholic drinks very bad waiter service wifi bad electric on and off television sky channels off and on intermittent
Atmosphere like the moon pool was in shade all day 7 sun beds for 29 rooms
No tours guided no help with anything we stayed in room 409 for the longest 7 days of my life
I have just rated as poor because the room was clean the maid was excellent
Even went against reception and gave us extra toilet roll shelf collapsed not repaired telephone did not work for 4 days outside dirty noisy rampant youth bad area cafe at front no service
One hair dryer for all rooms this hotel just did not make you feel welcome
At all

Room Tip: Back room on floor 4 but only if you have booked already if not Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Just back from two overnights at this hotel at the start and end of my Mount Toubkal treck last week. It was nice to have a hot shower and find all the amenities and clean towels. The air condition was off and came on during the night and so did the tv, but apart from that, I enjoyed my two overnights.

That my bag did it not make it to the airport with me and could only be found when I left, has of course nothing to do with the hotel and its staff, though they might have helped in locating it or letting me use the internet to search for it. but, heh, they did their best.

Room Tip: Most rooms are calm at night. even those to the front.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed here from the 5th -9th May. First impressions on walking into the hotel is it was lovely, although where it is situated is abit run down, but guess that's Marrakech for you! We got there late at night and the chap on reception was welcoming. The reception staff always wore smiles and were happy to help, although the waiters could do with cracking a few more smiles. We had a tagine at the restaurant when we got there which was nice and a good price. Breakfast in the mornings was lovely too, nice selection, although you had to pay for bottled water and tea if they had cleared it away which I found abit unfair. Our room was lovely, comfortable, clean, changed regularly etc. We found the hotel abit out of the way for some of the main attractions of Marrakech but I think it's because we didn't know the shortcuts that well. Taxi's into Jama al Fana were reasonably priced. I don't recommend booking full service i.e. food through the hotel as they have limited selection and eating out gives you a better experience of their culture. I am going back to Marrakech in November because I had an awesome holiday :)

Room Tip: Middle rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Les Trois Palmiers? Share your experiences!