“Super Relaxing Riad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Qodwa

Save Saved
You added Riad Qodwa to your Saves list
Riad Qodwa
route 2012 Sidi Abdallah Ghiat Km 12 | Route du Golf royale, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #53 of 182 Specialty lodging in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Super Relaxing Riad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

You will not go wrong with Riad Qodwa. Thanks to Omar, Said and the team for looking after us. We stayed for 7 nights and found the place to be relaxing quiet and comfortable. The breakfast is good, the a la carte is varied and the staff will look after you very well. I recommend that you book excursions through the hotel if you are a novice visitor to Marrakeche as you will be given enough info and helpfull guidance. The pool is excellent and a welcome relief from the hot daytime temperatures. The Riad is about 25 mins from the centre not a problem with the shuttle bus service. The accomodation is basic and comfortable, the decoration is modest in an authentic way and the ground floor rooms are huge. I recomend that you go on the roof terrrace and star gaze at shooting stars.....You will also get a chance to see the breathtaking scenery of the Atlas mountains from the Riad.

Room Tip: Ground Floor for the larger rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have to say from the moment we were picked up from the airport by Mustapha the stay at this hotel was fantastic. I loved the quiet location and the room in which we stayed was big and had one of the best A/C i have ever experienced. The pool was lovely and all the staff were friendly. Top location, top hotel i would totally recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room which are bigger than the upper floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

It was nice to get to the centre and go back and relax at the Riad. Free transfer from and to airport. Free shuttle to the centre. Breakfast given at anytime, chosen by customer. Extremely friendly staff. 5 stars for Mustapha the driver. I would recommend this Riad. Great for couple or families. Would stay there again. Thank you for your hospitality

• Stayed May 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We visited Marrakesh in April where we had a splendid time , especially n the hotel.
We were a family of 2 adults and 3 children , we reserved the royal suite and we were given to choice to chose to take another room for the children. We did.
The service is excellent we were greeted as soon as we arrived in the airport from the driver of the hotel. All the staff are wonderful especially Said and his wife who gave us the feeling that we were at home and not guest .
The swimming pool is nice as well as the garden.
The best thing with this hotel is that you don't need to use a taxi or rent a car as there is a shuttle bus that takes you in Marrakesh and brings you back..
We will go again in this beautiful riad and we already talked about it to our family and friends

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my son in April for a short break. Right from being met at the airport by the ever cheerful Said to being dropped back four days later, the excellent team at Riad Qodwa could not have done more for us. The food was delicious, the Moroccan salad became a favourite for lunch. The standard of service was super. The peaceful and beautiful setting of the hotel was a perfect antidote to the noise and bustle of Marrakech. The almond trees were in bloom, the lemons were ripening in the sun. The free shuttle to the city centre was very convenient. There is a large sunbathing area next to the pool with plenty of shade available and even sun hats are provided! A very relaxing place.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have just returned from a lovely long weekend break at the Riad Qodwa, the service I received was outstanding throughout. I had originally booked to go with my B/F but we broke up, so went with a friend instead, the travel agency I booked with wanted a £25 admin fee to amend name on room however I emailed the Riad directly and was told this would be no problem and amended the booking at no extra charge.
My friend and I were greeted at the Airport and transported to the hotel, Mustaffa was friendly and chatty throughout, and continued this when shuttling us into Marrakech each evening and when dropping us back off at airport, all at no extra cost.
Breakfast served out on the terrace consisted of juice, hot drink, breads, croissants, pancakes, yoghurt, jams and honey, unfortuantely I am wheat and lactose intolerant so couldn't partake, and instead the staff happily went off to find me some fruit, even picking some fresh from the trees.
The room was spacious and cleaned daily and the poolside was absolute bliss.
I could not have had a nicer stay.

Laura

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The problems started before we arrived. Despite receiving an email confirming that we would be picked up from the airport, our promised lift never arrived. The result-a 35 pound taxi fare. The owner, Said, told me he was sorry, that he would 'sort it', but no refund was forthcoming. The reason for the confusion according to Said...the room was booked in my name, but the taxi emails were from my wife. My wife has the same surname as me, so I don't believe that this is a particularly credible excuse. Even if it were true, why send an email back to my wife saying they would see her at the airport if they didn't know who she was! My feeling is they simply forgot. Forgetting customers happens an awful lot at Riad Qodwa.
Food is poor quality, very expensive and takes an eternity to appear. The 2 hours for an omlette to turn up was the worst example, but it typically took 45 minutes for a tray of stale bread, yoghurt, olives and a triangle of laughing cow to appear each morning (breakfast is identical every day). Another evening I watched my food cool in front of me for 5 minutes as a waiter went to get me cutlery. The problem is that you have no alternative given the remote location of the Riad.
The shuttle bus service to Marrakech rarely ran on time. This is a problem when you have only a limited amount of time on your holiday. It also caused stress when it was time for a shuttle run back to the airport at the end of our stay.
We had to point out our room wasn't being cleaned.
I could go on, but I don't want to labour the point. And there are positives!
The bedrooms are huge, there is free wifi, and the pool is great. The sun shone all week and Marrakech is a fascinating city. However, this does not hide the appalling service and food at Riad Qodwa. I wouldn't want anyone else to experience this Moroccan Fawlty Towers without being forewarned!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Riad Qodwa? Share your experiences!